1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Almost Recommendable Worm Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by NoxedSalvation, Nov 12, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Could you give a summary? The worst thing about posting on forums instead of dedicated sites (SB probably makes this worse since their fics start in the Wormverse thread so they can assume that most people get it) is that it doesn't force you to do this.

2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Taylor accidentally becomes the 16th Butcher.

3. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Ah. Thank you.

4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Okay, has been some time since I've read Worm fics, but I recently got into them again, even feel like writing.

First, next to Weaver 9, the best story I have recently read is this:

A Fate Woven in Steel
    a Worm and MegaMan crossover where Taylor triggers with the skillset of Dr. Wily and can build the MegaMan robots. It is awesome and fun, had to grin the whole time reading it. You know this is going to be great.

I second Weaver 9, Weaver is glorious but Jack stole the show. Felt really bad for everyone there, like Parian, Flechette and the Dillons.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  5. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Dude, I even felt bad for Rune. I know she's evil and all but goddamn that must have been a kidney punch.

EDIT: Also: lol at the cape she got in the last episode. I wonder what she'll do with them?

6. Nemrut

High Score:
    Yeah, felt terrible for her, which is weird, seeing that she is a nazi and thus a violent racist. And yet....

---------- Post automerged 02-06-2014 at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-06-2014 at 03:18 PM ----------

Not sure if this was posted before, but even if it was, this once should be posted as often as humanly possible. Every other Worm story can go home, this is the best and most entertaining Worm fanfic I have yet read

THE TECHNO QUEEN
    is a silly, awesome and stupidly entertaining AU where Taylor is a hammy Silver Age villain and it is hilarious, stupidly addicting and adorable at the same time. You're guaranteed to laugh. All hail THE TECHNO QUEEN!

7. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

Started reading the actual story at this thread's heeding. I AM FILLED WITH RAGE AT HER RESTRAINT! She even says a good basically anonymous way of attacking her bullies with lice. Holy shit give them fleas or lime disease or something! Pls take revenge before my brain explodes!

8. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

That... was awesome. Seriously. Just binged on THE TECHNO QUEEN and omakes, and it was incredibly hilarious. That bit with S9 was everything I wanted Make A Wish to be.

9. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

I haven't gotten there yet but I have to admit that this fic is ridiculous...and so good. Sometimes it's so cheesy that I want to cringe but it is pretty heart-warming too for a Worm fic. I told myself that I would only read the first arc but I kinda have to finish it now.

10. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

I didn't think the part with the S9 was all that good. Maybe because it reminded me of Make a Wish too much.
    The rest of it, though, is pretty fantastic. The light-heartedness is a good change from the usual gritty darkness of Worm and its standard fanfiction.

11. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I mostly agree but, in the end, it's a bit too cracky for me. I finished it but I doubt I'll read more of it.

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Holy shit, I loved Techno Queen. Absurdly hilarious, and the thing Clockblocker and Techno have for each other is adorable. This is gold.

13. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I'd much rather read a story about a super-powerful Tinker who chooses to act ridiculously rather than a story where everyone is ridiculous. At the start I was thinking it was the former, what with Taylor showing moments of brilliant competence and drawing a line in the sand when it came to some villains (Coil), but the S9 chapter was just terrible.

Just.

Terrible.

14. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Given the author's comments, that's what it was supposed to be when he started, but then the readers started commenting and contributing and it all kinda spiraled out of control into random insanity.

It's still a fun read though, so /shrug.

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So typical Spacebattles then.

16. theronin

theronin Order Member

Had promise but went off the deep end seems to be something of a trend of the genre, but yea at least it's still amusing enough at times.

17. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Pretty much; I really enjoyed the first few chapters, but then the author started winging it. Can't say I blame him though, comedy is hard

18. Nemrut

High Score:
    So, a few more Worm stories.

The End Bringer
    in which Taylor triggers as a Final Fantasy 9 White Mage, written by the same person who writes Copacetic. Nice, so far, quite like the Amy and Taylor interaction. No shipping or anything, though, just friendship so far.

Empire in Green in which a Planeswalker from magic who is mono green comes into the Worm world, appears in Madagascar and takes over. A bit ... dull, really, the Planeswalker is too OP but I do like the OC parahumans in this one and the international interaction and change that this Planeswalker brings.

Polarity and Attraction also a meh story, in which Taylor has, what I believe, Magneto's power-set or something really similar at least. Nothing special, really, but decent time waster.

Exiled is an interesting one. This is a Mass Effect crossover, in which a post game, engineer, renegade MaleShep is transported into the Worm world and teams up with Taylor, being pretty much her mentor. I had a few issues with this at first, mainly, because to me, the true Shepard is FemShep and second, seemed a bit weak that Taylor needed the crutch of a male crush to lead her into heroism, but, surprisingly, it works quite well, if only because Shepard doesn't steamroll Taylor into obeying him. Wish they had met more as equals, a post game Shepard and a post story Taylor would have been an interesting meet-up, but, yeah, this works as well. Taylor's behaviour is endearing in this one.

I second Manager, Daddy's Girl, Once and Again and Weaver Nine

My favourites right now are Manager, THE TECHNO QUEEN and A Fate Woven in Steel. Taylor and her robots is just too much fun.

19. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Just read Techno Queen. Was not expecting to like it as much as I did. Every chapter managed to bring a smile to my face, or cause me to actually start laughing.

As Howdy said though, the S9 chapter was terrible. Could've been handled more like the Coil chapter - one of the few times where Taylor actually treats things seriously. Was actually looking forward to that. Crack fics are always best when one character is complete crack, while everyone else remains serious.

Tried End Bringer. Not really a fan. Taylor is a bit annoying, and I don't really like the concept either.

Read Once and Again previously, and couldn't get into that either. The way Taylor, Emma and Sophie all become buddy buddy just doesn't sit right with me. That's not to say I'm necessarily against it as a concept - one of the reasons I like Tyrant was because of the interaction between Sophie and Taylor - but don't like the way it's done in Once and Again.

20. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

I believe the S9 chapter in Techno Queen was originally a fan written spinoff that the author for some reason chose to make canon.

Not open for further replies.