1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #4

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Did I miss something somewhere about Kai being conf!scum? Or is this hypothetical?

It's late and I'm tired and I have work early in the morning and I have a headache so be gentle with me.

Lyrium is still very town, and if she's a witch then I will build her the garden of her dreams post-game, once I'm done strangling her.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    blah. I meant Rubi be conf scum >.>

3. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Citrus, Klackerz, Atum, ika, Titus, Lucky, Poly, Bill

Let's start off simply:
    1. If you claimed your role, restate it.
    2. Who are your top scum reads?
    3. Who do you think is in the coven with Rubicon and why?

---------- Post automerged at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Oops, Snowbaby forgot you. When you can do answer though. The rest answer sooner then later because right now I'm still in a slightly fuzzy happy mood.

---------- Post automerged at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

P.S. There will be a game when I'm an epic level scum but it won't involve emotional manipulation or fake anger\angst. Pinky promise.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

1) Survivalist! /waves
    2) In my QT I have Atum, klackerz, and LuckyLee waaay at the bottom. Riley and blab are also down there, but I'm not too sure about them. Especially with blab's holy reign of terror.
    2.5) So to be extra clear on that, I am not scumreading blab.
    3) Rubicon/Citrus/Atum/LuckyLee. I just made that team up. I'm very confused and slow.

I think. Bed. Maybe I should go to bed. I probably won't.

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    1:Mind your business :|
    2:Fonti, Citrus, and Rubi for obvious reasons
    3:Citrus because Snowvon is simply too fabulous to be a witch

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

People who survive being killed due to either protection or extra lives are not considered dead at any point.

7. Lyrium

K, thanks.

Lucky there are four witches...who is the fourth?

8. blab

blab Second Year

Oh, hey, let's pretend Riley already said he is not apprentice (Riley still answer if you are, please):

we now know:

The apprentice is not an alive townie
    The jester is not an alive townie

5 townpoints for getting why I thought that might be the outcome.

10 townpoints for the first person to explain on why that might be useful with so many claims around(so I don't have to do it)

1500 townpoints for an indepth benefit/disadvantage assessment of me asking for an apprentice claim (so I don't have to do it)

9. Titus

Titus Squib

@Lyrium

1. I am the bomber. I killed Fonti.
    2. Klackers Atum and Poly
    3. Klackers if Fonti is scum. Two of the three above, if Fonti is not scum.

We are not mislynching if we do not let klackerz judge, so the scenario won't matter.

---------- Post automerged at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Well 5 points says you read Fonti as either the apprentice or the jester and believed scum Citrus would claim the other.

I don't see anyone else claiming the others as we should shut up about role claims.

---------- Post automerged at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Obviously 2 assumes Citrus and Rubicon are scum and I was giving my leftover reads.

10. Lyrium

Let me just be clear on a couple of points here:

1. This is mine, Snow's, Atum's, Poly's (?) first forum witch hunt game. It's also between our first and fifth forum mafia game.

Not speaking for the others but I know jack diddly squat about half the things certain players have been telling each other and so it's more then a tiny bit frustrating when you assume we have this same level of knowledge\deductive skills.

M general inclination is to view players who talk without providing explanations\reasoning to be suspicious and some other things that I am going to suppress for now.

Assume that I am the lowest common denominator and then think about your approach to this. Or you know assume that I don't know all the things you do and am still learning the game and how it works and don't be a dick.

---------- Post automerged at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

^ The above for blab and etc.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Oh hey look at where this thread is going.

The great walls of Citrus will be here momentarily

12. Lyrium

It is possible that Fonti is the apprentice or jester and her alignment could be town or witch?

The only thing I know for sure is:
    KaiDash, Villager, Loose Canon
    Rubicon, Witch, Gambler

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

The Great Wall of Citrus Part I: The softclaim
    Subtitle: Crumbing my role in an early post

There are two ways this points specifically to survivalist. Both cases involve why I think judge powers sound nice to scum. They're a way to deal with me, because I'll survive their first attempt. Hence it's a role I fear the most for scum to roll

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Citrus I am very much looking forward to the kind of tale you're about to spin. Popcorn is popping as we speak (and without magic).

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

The Great Wall of Citrus Part II: My holy misread
    Subtitle: I'm not holy

Rubicon purposefully played scummy this game. He didn't really push the game forward, he made jokes, he played around, he gave out a lot of null reads. I read that as holy aka priest. I did not want to give this roleread away to other players.

When Blab asked me to make him vote Rubicon, I jokingly had him vote and unvote on it. That was the best way to not draw attention to Rubicon at the time. What I did not understand was why Blab did not see Rubicon the same way, and why he was pushing so hard.

In hindsight, it's obvious. As a holy, Blab knew that Rubicon was falsely WIFOMing. AKA Blab had more information to deduce Rubicon was not holy. Hence this quote, which was the closest I was willing to get into it. Because I thought Rubicon was holy, til Lyrium revealed it + Blab claimed holy.

16. Titus

Titus Squib

Ok Lyrium. I'll explain to you how I deduced my numbers regarding to lynch.

If we suppose that one of Kai/Rubicon is scum (universally agreed upon even by people scumreading you), then we have at least 1 scum out of four in the graveyard. We also have a general consensus that one out of the two in that pair was town.

We run the worst case, plausible scenario when determining the costs of lynching incorrectly. In this case, we assume (falsely) that Fonti was town.

Removing 2 town and 1 scum from the 11/4 player start time leaves us with 9 town and 3 scum.

Today, we presume 9 town and three scum.

Now, we run the numbers supposing that Klackerz is scum and decides to confirm he is scum by lynching someone else.

Going into night, we have 8 town and 3 scum. Given that Citrus and Klackerz are essentially outed scum at this point, we have to suppose they have some method of communicating with Rubicon. Doubly so because Rubicon is adept at picking up role signals.

Rubicon will then stop any angel protection upon that target, giving the scumteam a clear pass to kill the target. We, therefore, must assume that every nightkill where only one nightkill is made will be a success. Therefore, we can assume, arguendo that Blab is likely dead tomorrow.

This leaves us at 7 town and 3 scum going into day 3

Town lynches Klackerz. Scum kill townie designated by Klackerz.

This leaves us at 6 town and 2 scum (Citrus with two lives) going into day 4

We lynch Citrus. Scum kill townie designated by Citrus.

This leaves us at 5 town and 2 scum (Citrus with one life) going into day 5

We lynch Citrus again. Scum kill townie designated by Citrus.

This leaves us at 4 town and 1 scum

If we mislynch here, the game is over. That leaves 3 town and 1 scum going into night. The last scum standing gets a double kill.

End result, Snowvon and the scum standing.

---------- Post automerged at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Is there any evidence of you crumbing this sooner? Gee this just says, I thought the scum was holy. Why wouldn't a scum think their buddy is holy?

17. blab

blab Second Year

sorry; I don't want to be a dick. Part of what I did there is townhunting, part of it is really not wanting to write the explanations.

Anyway, I guessed the apprentice was dead, and I wanted that fakeclaim to be off the table.
    I also think that having both a role list and a list of roles that can't be alive town is useful.
    The disadvantages are that (if scum didn't already read it the same way as me or if scum have surprise alive apprentice) scum now know for sure that they can kill of judge/gd for good. This is balanced by the angels knowing that scum knows this now too, and by scum already having way more tempting kill targets.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

The Great Wall of Citrus Part III: Scumvon's Motivation for the counter claim

This will be elaborated on more later, but essentially boils down to:

I initiated the day with pressure on Snowvon. In a situation where Snowvon was worried a lynch will occur on him, he cc'ed me to buy a day. I survived the night kill, meaning I had proof for my role of Survivalist. Thus, Snowvon counter-claims me. I get mislynched, Snowvon lives into the night. If scum kills Lyrium, there's potential for Snowvon to survive to endgame and town to lose due to him never being lynched

Additionally, even when people consider Snowvon is scum they still think he's survivalist. HE'S NOT THE SURVIVALIST. HE IS A ROLE OTHER THAN THE SURVIVALIST

19. dhulli

dhulli The Reborn

My thoughts on the apprentice/jester.

Fonti was apprentice so pushed hard for GD claim Pre-Day1 so she could choose between judge and GD. I'm thinking she chose Judge for extra inf and hence defended klackerz who is judge.

Jester obviously selected witch trick. Jester could then be a witch or a dead town since no town has confirmed it. Since fonti was apprentice, that means witch jester which confirms witch Citrus which confirms he has 2 lives now and we need a judge lynch.

20. Titus

Titus Squib

I can buy Fonti as an apprentice but I can't buy Fonti selecting judge. I discussed with Fonti saying that the apprentice should consider taking judge. Fonti said that the apprentice should always take gravedigger. So if Fonti was the apprentice, she took gravedigger.

The deduction that witch trick was used is actually what eliminates Fonti as a jester IMO, but not necessarily as part of the scumteam. As scum, I'm particularly fond of telling town exactly how the game should go down and relish when they don't listen to me. That sounds exactly like what happened here. Scum used witch trick to give themselves an extra life.