1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #4

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jun 1, 2014.

1. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

1) you voting no lynch

2) if you dont like it then vote me

---------- Post automerged at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

nvm bout 1.

2. Titus

Titus Squib

@Lyrium, making cases is a Titus tactic. I'm not understanding, but if you can counter all of my case, please do.

If we lynch Snowvon's buddy, we cannot then judge lynch Snowvon, so we naturally lose more town lynching him. In the event we are wrong, it's easier to recover from.

I explained Snowvon's CC. It was designed.

3. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Designed how so?

---------- Post automerged at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

For it to be designed, there had to be prediction of him being caught. It seems more like Citrus was trying to get conf!town status with the gambit. What he did was basically out Snowvon's role.

---------- Post automerged at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

ika, do you want to be lynched?

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Suppose Rubicon and Citrus were scum together. Blab just attacked Citrus for his behavior, namely the joke/nonjoke defending Rubicon. Given Citrus's PR hunting skills, he could have spotted Blab was a likely priest. Regardless, Blab was likely to come after Citrus. If the Citrus wagon was successful, then the scums wanted to have a plan.

Citrus, being the scum under pressure, says if he is in trouble, he'll claim Survivalist, which is Von's role. Von CCs and looks really town, solely for being the CC.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

@Lyrium

I don't see myself winning against Titus. She is a hurricane and I am a cloud. D:

@Titus

Now you're just over-complicating things.

Unvote

Is there any way to get you to change your mind? Or am I doomed?

---------- Post automerged at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

I mean, if I'm gonna die, why don't you ask me stuff. Help me be helpful.

6. Titus

Titus Squib

Snowvon, the way to change my mind is to make a good scumcase on someone else. None of this activity crap, as we can see it is at best a null tell. Show me why your scumreads are scum.

Given the fact you are my highest scumread, you have two lives, and the judge is available, the standard for lynching someone else is higher than lynching you because it's inherently logically obvious that Klackerz will probably die tonight despite his lack of posting.

I don't see having a plan for your buddy going down as a huge issue. I generally come up with much more complex plans with that as scum, complete with codewords and whatnot.

---------- Post automerged at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Mod: Can we get a prod on Klackerz?

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Question: was I your highest scumread before or after this Judge!NK hullabaloo?

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

It has not been 24 or 48 hours elapsing which would be the minimum for a prod to occur. I monitor the prods as necessary (e.g. with Riley). I promise to post when I prod like I have been doing. Klackerz from his userid is from India and so may not follow our timezones.

9. Titus

Titus Squib

The theory occurred to me yesterday. The NK matters little to me as I expected ever scumteam to make that move if Klackerz was town. It was your total lack of content after the CC that made you my biggest scumread to start the day. I was hoping the day would end with Poly since he was scummier than you. When it did not, I logically inferred you were probably scum.

---------- Post automerged at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

**I was hoping the game would end (not the day obviously)

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That's fair, I guess.

I posted my reads a while back. Any disagreements?

11. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

lyrim: yes i want to be lynched. im done here and have nothing else to contribute

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    ...Klackerz don't judge Von tonight. Judge me, Titus, or Bill Door.

---------- Post automerged at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Oh and for clarity-

Vote No Lynch

13. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Vote Count 4.4 (#2732)
    5 to lynch, 7 super majority, 9 alive

No Lynch (3) - Titus, Lucky Lee, Bill Windows
    ika (1) - ika

Abstain (5) - Lyrium, Atum, klackerz, Riley Poole, Snowvon

Day 4 ends here.

14. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

@ika: my reads are off and I really don't want to share tbh. There's a fair amount of inconsistent play going on right now, and while I would normally call that a scum tell, just about everyone (including myself) is doing it. The same thing seemed to happen at the end of Werewolves so this might be standard operating procedure for forum games.

At this point, I still don't think Snowvon is scum. I'm going to toss in Lyrium's Snowvon + Rubicon/Citrus post here because it fits. Conversely he does not. First there's the obvious issue of the cc. The possibility of a gambit to town!firm a scum survivor with 2 lives is there. Night chat and coaching might explain the interaction. But, going back to D1, which I think was before the coven had a chance to communicate (?) Rubicon, conf!scum assuming town!Lyrium mentions him in one post directly, to answer a query. That can be taken either way, either awareness of a scum mate and subsequent distancing, or just a player he didn't take much note of or who's behavior he needed to comment on. In a town!Rubicon universe, it'd have to be the latter. Considering Snow's high post rate though I think scum!Rubicon may have avoided being seen pressuring an active player. His vote on me corroborates this theory on his play style imo.

Citrus' D1 interaction with Snowvon is dramatically different and indirect. Some of his earlier posts look like they're trying to push suspicion his way, which would make sense if scum!Citrus was attempting to fake!claim his role. That logic falls apart if Citrus didn't know Snow's role at the time, unless he hunted it out. Otherwise, it may have been scum just attempting to sow doubt in the Town. Another option is an early framework for a buss on a scum buddy. The general impression of the town seems to be anti-bussing, especially that early D1, so I consider that less likely.

Citrus opens D2 the same way, immediately casting doubt on Snowvon and asserting himself at the head of that wagon. Fits with scum logic, if he knows he's going to cc Snowvon and if he wants to seem towny if Snowvon flips town. My only issue is whether he knew Snow's role that early. I can't remember so if someone does let me know. If he did know, that makes it more likely that he was preparing early on to cc a scum mate so one of them would get towncred. If not, then he may have just set up a townie early on to fall back on in case a lynch ever went that way (not impossible considering Snow is difficult to read). If that's the case he'd have been prepared to square off with whoever cc'd Survivalist.

I'll check his posts again tomorrow to see if I can find similar framework. I'll also try to do this analysis from Snow's POV.

I really want to scumread klackerz by post analysis but he's almost cleared by game mechanics so I'll leave that alone. Ika, your vote hopping and searching for viable lynch candidates is anti-town and scummy, but also town meta. Lyrium's apparently indignant defense of Snowvon seems towny, and I think she's done a lot to push discussion for town in previous days iirc. Plus, if she's scum, I think we're basically done for anyway so I'm mostly ignoring that possibility. Riley is conf!town. So, PoE leaves me with Bill, Titus, and Lucky Lee.

I have no meta for Lucky Lee or Bill. Of the two, I read Lee's willingness/readiness to die as reckless!town, especially since imo the situation he contrived in which he was lynched seemed to be a plausible option. Also his confidence in anti-town play does not seem like something scum would possess. I don't know his experience though.

Between Bill and Titus, the latter has been pushing more mislynches/kills (assuming town!Lyrium) so I'm going to say she seems more scummy. My early impression of Bill was pro-town due to his pressuring, even if it was misplaced. Titus jumps around almost as much as ika in my mind, except my meta for her is more stubborn and stuck on a scumspect, even to the point of ignoring other arguments. She seems more conciliatory this game.

So, in order:

Atum
    Riley

klackerz
    Lyrium
    Snowvon
    ika

Lucky Lee
    Bill Door
    Titus

15. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Sooooo, what do you actually think we should do toDay, Atum?

16. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Bill. Who is your biggest scum read, atm?

17. Bill Door

I don't really have scumreads atm. I have a list of people who could possibly be scum and the order in which they are most likely to be scum but I wouldn't call them scumreads.

18. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    This game is legit going nowhere, and I am somewhat nervous Von isn't scum. Like, no. He counter claimed, and I don't think he should be judged. I think this was a gambit to paint him as scum. I think Titus needs to die.

19. Bill Door

The problem is that leaving snowvon alive toDay in scum snowvon worlds is so much worse than leaving anyone else alive in scum anyone else worlds.

20. Titus

Titus Squib

This.

If the game isn't ending with Snowvon's death, I volunteer to be lynched tomorrow. We still have a two mislynches to play with if Snowvon is not scum. If we lynch me and Snowvon is scum, then we only have a mislynch if you suppose I was right on Fonti. If I was wrong, lynch straight thru.

@ika Come on ika. You are my balance. You keep me in check if I am making a mistake. You talking helps me confirm things.

@Atum, fuck you. I have been oretty tunnelly and stubborn and I do that as both alignments. If you want me dead more than Von vote me.