1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #4

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jun 1, 2014.

1. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

On d5 now, but I just realized Lyrium is right about the timer, so I will say this much:

Lynching DOB or BOD with more than one witch alive is terribad unless you have strong reason to believe that that player is a witch. Like significantly stronger than for any other player.

The reason I'm asking if there's any chance they're both witches is that these roles should really be saved for the final lynch (or mislynch) if at all possible. I'll explain at length in a bit.

2. Titus

Titus Squib

@ika, I'm not denying I pushed for those lynches as well. Lyrium seemed to be under the impression you were innocent, which you aren't.

No, lynching you doesn't cause that.
    All scenarios were calculated using worst possible. Also, if memory serves correctly, town can't dual heal if the acolyte is alive.
    Your "implication" arguments are shit. You wouldn't know how to dissect wordplay until I teach you how to do that. Hypotheticals do not imply alignment sweetie.

Now can you quit yelling and actually provide content or die already?

---------- Post automerged at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

That's my conclusion as well. :nod:

Of course, that conclusion is likely to get me mislynched and throw us into lylo but what the hell

3. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

ok, so about lynching DOB/BOD

When there are exactly two witches left, the DOB is definitely the one you don't want to lynch. He will always hit town, and always the townie that it's worst for town to lose (and angels can't even help). If the DOB is the last witch left and he is lynched, his ability doesn't do anything (at least not against any of us left in the game). The best he can do is get lynched in 2v1 and then take out one of the remaining town, leaving another townie to win the game. The BOD is even more obviously useless as the last witch to die.

If they're town...well they're obviously mislynches. Their abilities just make mislynching them less bad (in the case of the BOD, two town is better than one town with two lives, and even town!DOB might hit town by mistake).

The reason I asked if they could both be witches is that this might force us to hold our noses and lynch one of them anyway. If this isn't realistic, and I think it's not, then unvote Bill and Lee and try to lynch someone productive.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

@Atum, I see you there. Stop lurking.

@Chad, Who do you think the lynch pool should be?

5. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

Oh, and another thing, Bill is absolutely right that we should be hoping for NK-bounce townfirms at this point; yes, it's convenient that this logic leads to "don't lynch Bill" but it's still the truth.

---------- Post automerged at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

@Titus: I think it's crazytown to lynch me, Lee, or Bill (for today). I can discuss anyone else though I have a preference and I don't think I've made it a secret.

6. Titus

Titus Squib

@Chad, suppose I am being dense.

7. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

For today only, my lynch list goes:

Preferred: ika
    Maybe: Titus, Atum
    Probably not: Lyrium
    No chance in Hell: ChadMiller, LuckyLee, Bill Door

Like, I read d4 first and thought "How is ika still alive?" Then I read the thread from the beginning and thought "Why did the priest turbo-suicide reveal after peeking one whole person, and why is ika still alive?" To be fair, I know this kind of "browbeat people out of trying to question me" style is part of some people's meta. It's also part of my personal meta not to let people get away with that crap unless I have a strong scumread elsewhere. And I don't.

8. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

@Everyone: Just because you see my name in the Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread section does not mean that I am in a position to read or post. As I've already stated iirc, oftentimes I keep the pages I use for mafia in the background or on another desktop as I find that convenient. If that deters you from reading me as a lurker or causes you to always do so, I'd point to the numerous users that just go invisible as evidence that viewing who's in a room means next to nothing. It's starting to piss me off, especially when it's used to attack my gameplay.

Moving on.

@ChadMiller: Does your reluctance to lynch Bill or Lucky rely strictly on mechanics or have you read through enough to have at least tentative reads based on post analysis or whatever methodology you use to scumhunt?

In regard to a Bill Door/Luckylee team, I still think Bill Door is a top candidate for scum with Titus and ika, but the only thing that really sticks out about his interaction with Luckylee is that his read on him has gotten progressively more town from wanting to give him Titus' bomb early D1. His explanation is reasonable but I'd prefer an elaboration on why he now wants Lucky to make the final 3 if we have to go there when he was still at least somewhat considering Lee as potential scum about 300 posts after he made the bomb plan.

That being said:

@Bill Door: Can you give the aforementioned elaboration on your LuckyLee townread?

@Everyone again: Is an ika/Titus team viable? I'm suspicious just because they've done a lot to seem unaligned and both do a lot to contribute to discussion, but both of them are still alive toDay.

9. Titus

Titus Squib

@Atum, whatever you're on is fine if you help me "bus" ika. A Titus ika team just is fantasy land.

Grumpy Titus is off for the night.

10. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

I have a townread on one of [Bill, Lee]. I'd actually be shocked if that person is a witch. I'm deciding if it's pro-town to say more given the implications for witches' nightkill decisions. Given that, mechanics dictate that lynching the other should also be off the table today unless someone can convince me of a strong scumread on one or the other.

11. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Fair enough Chad, I'll wait to hear from Bill again before proceeding.

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Vote Count 5.05 (#3112)
    7 alive: 4 to lynch, 6 super majority

Titus (3) - Bill Windows, Lyrium, ika
    Bill Windows (1) - Luckylee
    ika (1) - Titus

Abstain (2) - Atum, ChadMiller

Day 5 ends here.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  13. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Heres the thing chad, you will quickly have to change your meta when dealing with me then b/c you will never be used to me.

as for your list, as of right now you seem to have a 3vs2 at best for lynch on my currently.

me+lucky+lyrim is what is see so far

titus+you on me

atum+bill are the deciding factors with bill currently voting titus

if they are so inclined to think its me i will be more then happy to self vote to shut not only you up and prove you wrong, but prove how titus is a scumfuck asshole (or idiot) to even remotly thinking i can pull this type of effort as scum.

but apparenly titu has some flawless logic and she must be right and that im some stupid scum who cant play for shit and can never be right about anything and must always be wrong to assume anything and that titus is some sort of myslynch taget for me when i could of clearly decided to go at someone else who might of been easier. nope it apparently has to be titus that i MUST lynch to somehow win this game as a random scum who has a villager role card. apparently this entire game is a lie to me and that im some 5th wheel scum in all this right now. it must be obious how bad i am as scum right now to titus how i could of done so much better as any of the other roles. nope its not like i would of prefered gambler or maybe trickster as a role of choice, nope apparently me shocing spirtalist and yelling at you and me being an idiot is some setup and a huge fake thing.

whats next? my rage was faked? me using emotions is fake? the fact i cant logic for shit is fake? come on titus whats next in your amazing abilities of me being scum? what happens after i flip town? just going to say "oh its lyrim?" or maybe "oh its lucky" for sheeping so much? tell me whos the next myslynch in your pool?

---------- Post automerged at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

im going back to sleep i have to catch a plane in a few hours to head back to home

14. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

His play does not fit with what scum would do in his position. Like scum don't offer to suicide, ever. and I think he genuinely meant it, he wasn't doing it for towncred.

15. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

Now that Bill has said it: Lee can pretty much only be scum if he made that offer knowing town wouldn't take him up on it, or if he got really, really, Lucky that town didn't take him up on an awful (for scum) idea. It isn't just that he offered to suicide; it's that he offered to suicide at a time that would be at least worth considering as town but awful as scum. Either he gives the bonus life to the priest, or he proves he's scum. And unless Lyrium is also scum, town had the judge and Lee would know that. And even if such a plan "worked" (he gives 1 life to a witch and town doesn't immediately Judge that person) neither Lee nor the greater scum team even gains anything.

16. Bill Door

Also Lucky is one of the least likely people in this game to try a plan like that imo.

17. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

EBWOP: Actually I forgot Judge was townfirmed by those nightkills. So basically in no world does Lee offering to suicide make sense as scum, unless he was expecting town to decline or didn't know or didn't care how bad an idea it would be as a scum with no one pressuring him.

18. Titus

Titus Squib

@Chad/Bill, that's precisely when I would pull a stunt like that. Being townfirmed is invaluable and the risk was minimsl. Remember when Luckylee iffered, when we had confscum in Citrus. I don't see town moving from lynching confscum to lynching Luckylee. It's orecisely the scenario where Luckylee would have confidence. Throw in nightchat and it makes sense Lucky could have been coached. That's doubly true if ika is on his team. ika is a gambity, wily player unafraid of risk.

If ika is scum, what happened (lucky fits as scum but so does everypne else)

N1, no strat let it play out...nk Citrus bc he is catching heat.
    D2, Citrus is lynched bc cop check, ika and luckylee go along with judgecplan to earn towncred bc they know judge is town. Anyone who fears klackerz scum looks bad.
    D3, ika leads a whiteknighting charge to rescue me and vote Poly. This eliminates a town with two possible lives. Nk Klackerz to try and force Von lynch on same lines.
    D4,With Klackerz kill failing Von had to be the lynch. Scum stay out of the way while others doubtcast me.
    D5 ika opens with a vote on me, knowing that people likely have their attention on me know. Scum appear to waffle but have no chance if voting ika. That leads to a one day before lylo mislynch.
    Then all scum have to do is have one if them be town enough to survive the correct lylo.

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Hmph. My OTP is dead. I can't trust my bro Ika. I am a partially to blame for Fonti/Von dying.

At this point I only have one option... Trust in my comrades and believe in the power of friendship. Titus... I believe in Ika! I will avenge Fonti senpai. Also you're probably maybe scum. Dissappear

---------- Post automerged at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

For Justice-

Lynch Titus

20. Bill Door

Hey, I'm going to be away for all of saturday and sunday and most of monday. So don't expect me to be active at toDay's deadline or the start of the next day.