1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #4

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jun 1, 2014.

1. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

F TO THE I TO THE L TO THE L TO THE E TO THE R!

2. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

NIGHT 6 IS OVER!

A terrible creature, she had been. Put up quite the fight; they were lucky to be alive. The wench had hacked at their souls, honeyed them with words and temptations, and bargained with treasures and pleasures to be offered if they should join her…

…Or maybe it had been a little girl, barely a woman, crying and begging to be allowed to see her father.

She had turned cruel and ugly when words failed, flung her captors off with demonic power, seizing rocks as weapons – no, she had turned into a bear, as tall as 2 men and 10 times as strong, claws eager to rake – no, it had been a dragon, with black, glistening scales and foul emerald flames spilling out of its mouth…

…Or she had tried to run, just once, and tripped into the mud and the weight of her ropes. Maybe she had tried to crawl, but a kick to her side from one of them had put a stop to that.

Nevertheless, after the terrible battle, she had been brought to God’s eyes, and His flame rose to cleanse her. She wailed in fury, then, spitting out inhuman words and noises like braying animals: Spells meant to curse them and their lines, impotent before the might of God on their side.

Or there had been no spells. There had been pain, and agony, and screaming, and quiet – quiet save from the jarring sounds…not spells…not spells…but the sound of her twisted, blackened body contorting to the flame, of her skin sizzling and eyes boiling. Of the meat in her bones heating like trapped sap, making them crack and explode like kindled wood.

And if smell had a sound…

The men that returned from Titus’ Cleansing all had their stories to tell – wilder and grander as more ale was passed around and as the women gathered around them. And with each glass they downed, they found it easier to ignore the Ors.

They spent their night in an endless cycle of drinking, retelling the story as wildly as it could be told, and indulging in the pleasures of loose, naïve women, until it all became a blur of hedonism.

It was eventually the barkeep that put a stop to their growing boisterous deeds, demanding they left once they broke a table in a reenactment of their epic battle.

And so, they found themselves out into the streets. The rain had stopped, and the petrichor was heavy in the air.

None of them wanted to go home, so they wondered. Most of their town slept, as it was the wee early hours in the morning, so the activity was quiet, peaceful. Perhaps it was what they needed more, rather than what the bar had offered.

They continued walking together, no destination, no purpose, no words exchanged. Their daze was so potent, they almost missed it.

But after rounding around a corner, they froze.

The hooded figure froze with them.

For the next few seconds, the only one capable of movement in that alleyway was the woman in the stranger’s arms, weakly struggling against her captor.

And then the trance was over, and the men’s confusion was replaced with fury.

HEY!

The mystery man dropped the girl instantly, fleeing down the alley and disappearing over its fence.

The men ran forward themselves, the first one to kneeling by the girl as soon as he reached her.

“GO!” he barked, and one of his companions continued the chase, while the other two stood at his back as sentinels, looking around.

The first man growled, knowing that intoxicated as his companion was, he’d likely return empty-handed.

“…I…”

He started, looking down at her. “Lyrium! Don’t move!”

Lyrium was naked, like klackerz, the only other victim they had found, had been. She looked pale and sickly, and had precise stab wounds in her stomach, wrists, and ankles – the only one missing being the one in her neck. Sigils of a malevolent nature had been traced all over her form in her own blood. She had been drained for quite some time.

And yet she had still struggled.

The man took this all in as he shed his coat and wrapped it around her, while another applied pressure to her cuts.

“…t-they said…”

“Lyrium, try not to talk,” the man muttered, glancing at his third friend. “Get the doctor. Now.”

He nodded, and vanished into the streets.

“S-said…you’d come…”

The two remaining men exchanged glances. “Who said that, Lyrium?” One asked.

The girl coughed, struggling to remain conscious. “They…our f-friends…The lost ones.”

“She’s not making any sense,” the man heard his friend say.

“No!” Lyrium snapped with conviction, the words stumbling from her mouth, “When I was taken—tonight, t-tonight I saw…they whispered…said that help was c-coming…said they sent for help…to hold on…jus' hold on…jus’ hold on, L-Lyrium…p-please…

The men were silent.

“…s-so, I held on…and here y-you are…”

“…Lyrium, did you recognize any of them? The ones that took you?” The man prodded gently. “Do you know where? How many?”

The girl looked at him like she didn’t understand the question.

He sighed. “Come on, help me pick her-”

Whatever he was going to say was interrupted by Lyrium’s hand grabbing onto his wrist. He stared at it. The grip was weak, but, all the same, it was relentless. So, he looked to her face.

Lyrium was pasty pale. She was shivering, and had developed a twitch on the corners of her mouth out of fear. Her eyes were feverish and glassy, and the bags under them hadn’t been there the day before.

But she was grinning.

“I have…information.”

--
    THERE WAS AN ATTEMPT ON LYRIUM DURING THE NIGHT, BUT SHE WAS PROTECTED FROM THE KILL.

Player List
    1. fontisian - Bombed Night 1
    2. blab - Killed Night 2
    3. klackerz - Killed Night 4
    4. Snowvon - Judged Day 4
    5. KaiDASH r. Vira - Suicided Day 1
    6. Citrus - Judged Day 2
    7. Rubicon - Kamikazed Day 1
    8. Bill Windows
    9. Titus - Lynched Day 5
    10. Atum
    12. Polysemous - Judged Day 3
    12. ChadMiller r. Riley Poole
    13. Lyrium
    14. Luckylee
    15. ika

With 6 alive, it's 4 to hard lynch - There is NO soft lynch.

IT IS NOW DAY 6.
    You may begin posting.

Day 6 ends in 72 hours.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  3. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

well intresting feedback....

i think i will wait on it though.....

build up some suspense

---------- Post automerged at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

also my comming in and out may be spotty later due to the fact i have to get my engine checked out today and then tags done for tommorow

---------- Post automerged at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

i just read the rp (btw i love reading rp), and there is one part that made me lol

4. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

Wait, does that townfirm Lyrium?

ika, I assume no cards were used last night? What cards have been used so far again?

5. ika

basicly unless if witch attacked themselfs and got healed.

oh something was used last night, im just wating on everyone else to check in first

but what is known as of now is this:

the first 2 witch cards have been used before.

last night someone activated a card, i'll leave you to figure that out for now, irather have everyone check in

---------- Post automerged at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

but long story short is this:

lyrim is techanly confrimed

something was used lats night

what is known used (i have announced): the first 2 witch cards

6. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

Can you remind me which card was used which night, either now or when you announce last night's card? I know it probably doesn't matter much but I like to have all of town's info at day start so we can easily reference it.

7. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

The RPs or flavor is really intense and awesome.

So, Titus was a witch bomber. That means one witch is alive. I assume they didn't use Last Stand because they thought I would be dead and they could make confusion.

Which of my charming beautiful friends tried to kill me in such a ghastly way?

---------- Post automerged at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Oh, thank you Angels. Sorry it took me so long to you know.

Now who's the last witch?

8. ika

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

one moment ill compile everything to one post. as well as some nice juicy info

9. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

ok ika, no one else can possibly have info at this point so you might as well spill the full card history

10. ika

NIGHT 1: NO CARDS WERE USED
    NIGHT 2: NO CARDS WERE USED
    NIGHT 3: SHENANIGANS WAS PUT INTO PLAY (AKA USED)
    NIGHT 4: BACKUP PLAN WAS PUT INTO PLAY: (AKA USED)
    NIGHT 5: THE FOLLOWING WAS PUT INTO PLAY LAST NIGHT (AKA ACTIVATE): HEAVENLY CHORUS and ARCHANGEL

---------- Post automerged at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

this means that lyrim was probally a curse target and they used both cards as a failsafe if they went for last stand attack on lyrim+you

11. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

Thank you.

---------- Post automerged at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

And yes, I agree with your conclusion.

12. ika

time for some elimination:

multi-post incoming:

it helps me when i put it out step by step so my thoughts are clear

current Player List
    8. Bill Door
    10. Atum
    12. ChadMiller r. Riley Poole
    13. Lyrium
    14. Luckylee
    15. ika

13. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

And yes, I agree with your conclusion.

14. ika

removing the confirmed (and myself)

8. Bill Door
    10. Atum
    14. Luckylee

the last scum is in this pool

---------- Post automerged at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

out of those 3 i see it being out of atum/bill door

the kill i could not see coming from lucky tbh.

---------- Post automerged at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

out of those 3 i see it being out of atum/bill door

the kill i could not see coming from lucky tbh.

---------- Post automerged at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

all 3 of atum, bill and titus were on my train.

im going to look at votes and see if i can devine anything. but remembering some of bills posts, it pings me that hes last scum.

and even if hes town he can hit atum

15. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

I think the case for lynching DOB/BOD last from yesterday still mostly holds, although the counterpoint is that if one of them is the last witch, that's clearly who we want to lynch.

Lyrium and I are townfirmed at this point.

ika's certainly not getting lynched today.

So by process of elimination, unless someone makes a strong case elsewhere I think today's lynch pretty much has to be Atum.

---------- Post automerged at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

Note that if witches use Last Stand and BOD/DOB are both still alive, witches have a good chance of being forced to either bounce a kill or trigger one of their abilities for us

16. ika

give me a moment to crunch numbers

---------- Post automerged at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

8. Bill Door
    14. Luckylee

15. ika (town)
    12. ChadMiller r. Riley Poole (confirmed)
    13. Lyrium (confrimed)

random scnarios:

facts to be known:
    a person will be cursed and a person will be healed
    they will heal one of the 2 confirmeds

scnarios running:

A)
    one town!firmed dies and i die

leaves 1 town!firmed and DOB/BOD, lynch DOB to hit BOD and game

B)
    one townfirmed and DOB

leaves townfirmed, me, and BOD

DOB hits BOD and game ends

C)
    one townfirmed and BOD

leaves townfirmed, me and DOB

BOD gives life to townfirmed

lynch DOB and game

------------------------------

however we can do this:

lynch DOB to hit BOD, BOD gives life to lyrim/chad, if games not over we have the following

me
    atum
    lyrim (+1)
    chad (+1)

whoever is cursed, they heal other, that way they come day break if games not over by then it would be one of the following

A)
    me
    atum
    lyrim/chad

or even better would be:
    B)
    atum
    lyrim
    chad

----------------------------

personally i think its bill who is last but i need some time to look it over

17. ika

also with 2 town firmes i am placing vote first

[vote] bill door[/vote]

if anything i want the 2 town firms to be final voters, i also request they do not vote, the only way a hammer can be made without townfirms is via everyone else voting+self vote

18. ika

also with 2 town firmes i am placing vote first

[vote] bill door[/vote]

if anything i want the 2 town firms to be final voters, i also request they do not vote, the only way a hammer can be made without townfirms is via everyone else voting+self vote

---------- Post automerged at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

is anyone else having site problems right now?

vote bill door

19. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

ok, yes, looking at scenarios here:

Worst case scenario, we lynch Atum and he's town. Witches kill you and one of the townfirms, leaving Bill, Lee, and a townfirm. Lynch Bill, either Bill is witch and town wins, or Lee is witch and town still wins when Bill DOB-kills him.

Ways this can go "wrong" seem to be fine:

-Atum is the witch and we just win today
    -Angels get a successful block and we're in a similar position tomorrow with even more info
    -Witches are forced to NK one of the death-trigger guys for various reasons. This is still fine because townfirms will make their decisions better than random (e.g., if Lee dies he definitely +1's a townfirm)

So I'm really liking this plan:

-Lynch Atum today
    -Reevaluate tomorrow, but definitely lynch Bill Door if there are exactly 3 players left

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Let's see, Lynch Bill -> pop Lee:

-Lee gives +1 life to one townfirm
    -Ghosts haunt the other townfirm
    -Angels protect whichever of ika/Atum is town
    -Witches are forced to target both townfirms, killing one and eating the extra life

Wait, angels do see coven in this version, right? Does this mean town just wins? Anyone seeing a hole in this plan?

20. ika

i just want to see what both of them have to say about it as well. im not opposed to either plan long term, i just think that bill is last.

hmmm im going to generate some stuff and look over my old notes.

personally i want to hear from the rest of the people before we make anything final