1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #4

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Scum dare try to murder my OTP again!?

Bill/Atum... vanish. Scum Ika wouldn't reveal Card info, so that further townfirms him IMO. Lynch Bill, have him shoot Atum. Or have him shoot me and I'll give my life to Chad.

GG.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I wanna lynch ika. Still on holiday. Will be able to post properly tomorrow.

3. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

ika's not happening today, especially given Titus flipped scum.

Lynching Bill is wrong because if we mislynch town!Bill at the bubble he'll probably know his correct target and win the game for town. And scum!Bill can never win because we should lynch him on the bubble for that exact reason.

Realistically, I would consider any of [ika, Lee, Atum] but I'm obviously leaning toward Atum.

If Bill is not townfirmed, he should be lynched at some point. Probably tomorrow. Just not today.

---------- Post automerged at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

I realize that sounds like I'm contradicting myself. To be clear, my preferences are:

Would Fasthammer: Atum
    Probably Not: ika, Lee
    Definitely Not: ChadMiler, Lyrium, Bill Door

4. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Hmm. Fair enough. I just feel like ending the game without them getting a double kill would be our best bet.

I'd prefer to lynch Bill tbh, I feel like it's the fastest way to win. I'm town for what it's worth, Lyrium is townfirmed, Chad is townfirmed, and I have a strong town read on Ika. Titus is a scummy liar and tried to point you guys at Ika and I, so that should count for something I hope. Bill or Atum have to be scum, end debate.

---------- Post automerged at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Hm. Rethought it, and yeah I've changed my mind-

Lynch Atum

Atum can burn. We can lynch Bill and have him shoot me tomorrow. The game ends, GG.

5. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

Barring something absurd happening, I'm fine with agreeing to fasthammer all this stuff so as not to drag it out. Like, if we lynch Atum I think every living player agrees that we're prob lynching Bill tomorrow.

---------- Post automerged at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

well except Bill

---------- Post automerged at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

In fact, that's 2 votes of 4 so lynch Atum

6. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Vote Count 6.01 (#3345)
    6 alive: 4 to lynch

Atum (3) - ika, Luckylee, ChadMiller

Abstain (3) - Bill Windows, Atum, Lyrium

Day 6 ends here.

(Vote [Player] format should not be hard to remember, guys...)

7. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

-.-

@bill, you want to lynch me yet you dont vote me...... facinating

im back from being out all day and caught up, i noticed not much has changed overall but some minor discussion.

i was thinking about something as i read up and remembered something...

DOB doesnt have to opt for a kill iirc, same applies for BOD

can DOB/BOD opt to not give out life/kill

just to confirm it im going to ask. but if this is true we might be able to lynch BD today by having him opt for no action on his lynch.

8. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

Lee might not want to give out his extra life if there are no townfirms left. Bill should 100% use his DOB kill.

---------- Post automerged at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

lynching Bill today and having him hold back the kill is strictly worse than just lynching him tomorrow and letting him shoot someone if the game isn't over.

9. Sloth

There are situations where that's possible.

10. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

What? That seems uncool. Regardless of alignment DOB or BOD should have to take or give a life even its to the enemy.

I feel like if that's the case then Bill needs to be murdered. If he's the witch then he kills a townie bit its game over.

Atum could be the witch especially with that weird comment to Titus that she can self vote if she wants to.

Lucky, I'm not sure how you know that there was more then one murder attempt ?

ika, why would Titus narrow down scum to Atum and Bill? What do you think?

Rubicon, Citrus, Titus and Witch X

11. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Uhm? What? I meant that they tried to kill my OTP Klackerz, and now they're trying to kill you, my second OTP.

12. Lyrium

Atum dissapears of course. I'm tempted to hammer.

ika, repeat the cards used by witches?

13. ChadMiller

ChadMiller Muggle

Guys, if Bill is scum and we lynch Atum tonight, here is the worst case scenario:

-We lynch Atum tonight (4 town)
    -Bill nightkills 2 town (2 town)
    -We lynch Bill tomorrow (2:1 vote)
    -Bill kills a town when he hangs (1 town)

The only way the lynch Atum today/Lynch Bill tomorrow plan fails is if ika or Lee is the last witch, both are alive when Bill dies and Bill kills the wrong one. If ika and Lee are both town then it can't lose, barring some freak scenario where Lyrium is a witch somehow.

---------- Post automerged at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

^ ika's last infodump

Witches will almost certainly use the last witch card tonight.

14. Lyrium

Ok, following townies on this even though I wanted to lynch BillDoor first. Next time then.

Vote: Atum

---------- Post automerged at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

That's 4. Please tell us its GG. Pretty please with sprinkles on top.

15. Sloth

PLEASE STOP POSTING IMMEDIATELY.

Vote Count 6.02 (#3354)

Atum (4) - ika, Luckylee, ChadMiller, Lyrium

Abstain (2) - Bill Windows, Atum

ATUM HAS BEEN LYNCHED.

---------- Post automerged at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

DAY 6 IS OVER!

This was wrong. This was all wrong.

How had it come to this? How had his life spiraled out of control, become this mockery? Desperately hiding his intentions from the cattle, reduced the midnight kidnappings and fleeing like a putrid rodent, choked by the encroaching noose of fear…It was wrong. When had it all gone so wrong?

When Titus, that lying whore that had said they’d be immortal, had come to him at the start, whispering the right seductions to his ears, had it been then? Had he smiled when he said yes, naked under the covers? He couldn’t remember – why had he said yes? He couldn’t remember that either.

Her kisses tasted of strawberries that day, just as they had the night before the cattle took her to the Shrine, when she laughed richly and promised they were so close to their dreams. Laughter bubbled from his lips, unbidden: What timing the universe had.

He wondered what her lips tasted like now.

Maybe it had been when the gambler and the sick jester had come to their town, all those years ago. They had brought their book – the book now clutched in his arms – and their whispered promises. They had ensnared Titus, and in turn she had ensnared him, pulling him to the men preaching to lead them all to greatness.

Until they had fallen. As soon as their work began, they were the first to be taken by the cattle, the new strangers among their midst. Of course they had died, and he had panicked then. Titus only laughed. “More for us, love,” she had said.

Or maybe it had been when that young child of an eternity ago had walked to his mother’s bedside as she laid dying, emaciated and plagued, a corpse that didn’t realize it was one yet. When she smiled at him through her last breaths and all he could think was that he couldn’t allow himself to end up like her. When he swore he wouldn’t.

Perhaps it was then that it all went wrong.

…They were supposed to be GODS.

He scrambled into the blackened wreckage, pushing the debris aside to reveal what remained of their work – the basin, filled with the blood of all they had taken, the candles, the sigils, and the blades.

It wouldn’t be long now, he knew, not after last night. He flipped the book and frantically went through the pages, dipping his fingers in the blood and panting a much larger, complex symbol on the ground. It was sloopy – Rubicon would have never approved – but he didn’t care, he worked. He had no time. He-

“Atum.”

-froze.

Slowly, he turned. The adrenaline and blood kept pumping against his ears, but the voice had snapped him to reality, and to other sounds: The rustling of chainmail, all around the wreckage. The sounds of people, many of them, moving closer. The slick, unmistakable sound of swords unsheathing.

Lyrium stood before him. She looked much better than the last time he had seen her, though still pale and covered in many layers despite the warm weather. Her wrists were uncovered enough that he could see the bandages on them.

She stared at him with such disdain.

“It took a while, but I eventually remembered,” she whispered. “They wanted to march on your home immediately, but that hadn’t been where you took me, had it?” He saw her glance around the ruins and fight off a shudder, pursing her lips. “It had been here. Fontisian’s house.”

He was silent. What did she want him to say? His ceremonial dagger was within reach, but she wasn’t.

“Of course it was,” she continued with whispers. Around her, more and more guards were becoming visible, “when my inspection of Titus’ corpse revealed what she was…it was obvious this had been your base of operations. That’s why you took me as soon as I left my office, isn’t it? You knew I’d figure it out. It wasn’t a gas leak that got her; she had just been your first victim.”

More questions she knew the answers to. Why bother voicing them.

“It’s over, Atum.”

Anger flashed. “Is it?” he snarled, seizing the dagger. The men tensed and moved their swords to a defensive stance against a single man with a small blade. He stepped back, holding it out.

“Yes,” Lyrium said simply.

“What the hell do you know, mortician?” the venom in his voice was potent, but no one stepped back. “You are blind to the Liar,” he could hear himself wheezing. Would the sigil be enough? It was almost time. “The Liar will come, once the sacrifice is worthy. It didn’t work with Fontisian alone,” The book had it wrong, Citrus had insisted, of course the book had it wrong: it was the book of the Liar, “but I have the life’s blood of three of your cattle now. You would have been the fourth. But no matter. I’ll make due. And the Liar will come – and I will get what I was promised!”

“…Atum…” Lyrium whispered quietly. “Do you even believe that?”

Atum stared at her, more laughter threatening to bubble out. What did it matter? It was time. “The L-Liar…THE LIAR WILL COME!

He raised the dagger on high.

The mortician’s eyes widened, and she begun to move forward as the knife sank into his neck.

She got to him as he hit the ground, his blood seeping freely into the sigil. Lyrium would never forget the gurgling sound he made when she grabbed him, or how weak he had become in that short second, when he tried to grab her.

“T-The Liar,” he choked in her arms, looking around desperately, pleadingly. Had she looked like that when he had her at his mercy? “…the Liar…where…w-where is…please…Liar…not l-like…”

Not like this.

Lyrium held a corpse not two seconds later.

Slowly, she reached into her pockets, and looked in the body what she already knew she would find.

“…What now?” A voice asked behind her. Priest blab’s Acolyte.

Lyrium let out a breath, “Tell them.”

She didn’t look up as the footsteps moved away. The announcement flared soon after.

“GRAVEDIGGER Lyrium has learned that Atum was Witch INQUISITOR.”

GAME OVER.
    TOWN WINS!

~o~o~o~​
    The TOWN
    APPRENTICE fontisian
    FANATIC Polysemous
    LOOSE CANNON KaiDASH
    (Honorable mention to Vira)
    BENEVOLENT OLD DUDE Luckylee
    SURVIVALIST Snowvon
    PRIEST blab
    JUDGE klackerz
    DIRTY OLD BASTARD Bill Windows (Honorable mention to Bill Door)
    ACOLYTE ChadMiller
    (Honorable mention to Riley Poole)
    SPIRITUALIST ika
    GRAVEDIGGER Lyrium

The WITCH COVEN
    GAMBLER Rubicon
    JESTER Citrus
    BOMBER Titus
    INQUISITOR Atum
    COVEN CHAT 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

The DEAD
    Dead Chat
    Angel Chat
    Demon Chat

The GODS (obs)

THANKS FOR PLAYING!
    (Let me know if any links are wrong.)

~o~o~o~

EPILOGUE

It didn't take a complex ritual to call on the Liar. It took but to ask.

But what she would do then…well, it was in her name.

The blond girl sipped on her tea, putting down the newspaper, chuckling at the headline:
    BILL WINDOWS ARRESTED FOR TAKING OVER DECEASED BROTHER’S LIFE! – “SEX WAS EQUALLY MEDIOCRE” CLAIMED DISTRAUGHT WIDOW.

“Alright. I let you help out. Time to go.”

Fontisian, blab, KaiDASH, klackerz, Polysemous and Snowvon all turned to her, solemn. She chuckled at their expressions, and then locked eyes with them.

“Did you think I would give you a second chance after all this?”

Snowvon began to speak.

No.

They shrank. The voice, from such a tiny frame, was ancient and eternal. Absolute. She pushed up her librarian glasses and stood. She was 5 feet tall.

“Your Trial is over, kids. It’s time for Judgment.”

The specters of the old town met her eyes, unable to deny her words. In their minds, they took comfort on the fact that it was over.

The Liar raised a brow at them, and laughed – full and blooming with life.

“Over?” She chuckled once she could finally speak. “Over. Oh, little things.”

She didn’t change, but somehow she grew. And like moths to the flame, one by one, the ghosts came to her.

“It’s not over.”

She embraced them all, closing her eyes until she was alone. She smiled quietly, different than before, and strode down the street, hands lazily on her back pockets.

“Endgames are coming.”

---------- Post automerged at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

And that's it. You may now post. =D

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Whoo!

Knew we would get there eventually.

---------- Post automerged at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Well, I say "knew."

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

FYI For those interested. There was a reference in the thread about how there was a mod error. It was my bad. I didn't open up a quick topic to let the witches talk at 2 am. So we extended the day to fix my mistake. It also took the modding and put it where more experienced mods could help contribute so better all around IMO. But I did want to be transparent about it.

Also, congrats town and nice try witches!

18. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

gg everyone

chad hope you like the qt notes

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

also everyone may get some insight to how my mind may work its littered with notes and random thoughs

19. Sloth

JOIN ME ON #MAFIA, SUCKERS.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

WH is totally my favorite. That was really fun.

Good job everyone! ilu all.