1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Almost Recommendable Worm Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by NoxedSalvation, Nov 12, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Can we have summaries? What is it about Worm fanfiction that causes this? I'm not even sure what WTNV is supposed to represent here.

2. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Were you so desperate to set me right that scrolling down a single post to read a summary didn't occur to you?

In any event here is a summary.

Danny triggers, stuff happens that I can't say because it's literally 10k words long and I would give away the plot, it's light hearted and funny, and I have no idea what WTNV is supposed to represent either.

With that amazing summary out of the way, I hope you read it, and enjoyed your opportunity to tell me off on a forum as you should have.

P.S, is your name a reference to those insects in Morrowind?

3. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    WTNV means Welcome to Night Vale, a podcast about a radio show in a small desert town, where every conspiracy theory is real. It's very good, humorous and with some creepy vibes.

4. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Notes, the author to Cenotaph has begun writing the sequel. You can find it here,

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This is the best news I've heard all week. :D

6. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Scroll for a summary where? The only post that seemed to have info was pretty generic and didn't even mention the crossover name. Everything else was in spoilers. It's kinda strange to rec a story, leave no summary then expect the people reading to get spoiled just to grasp it.

Even the author didn't give a premise.

And yeah, part of it was meant for both you and anyone that would submit a story rec. Am I insane here? Part of a good recommendation is actually explaining what makes the story good. Instead people on SV/SB and now here just give us one tag (AU!Worm, SI Worm, Worm/BSS) and then just plow straight through to writing or gushing about it. Like I said before, SB and SV writers may get away with it because all their stories star off in the Wormverse threads so some people get them but it's still pretty annoying.

Also: no. Never played Morrowind.

7. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

Just read go gently and loved it. From what I have grasped wtnv is about a town called night vale where ridiculous and crazy shit happens. Apparently there's a cloud that rains dead animals or something. Also author implied Taylor is going to get some sort of communicator/qa mixtur e. Also Scrub its pretty short just read it, cant really expect someone to give you a summary.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  8. oghmanian

oghmanian First Year

Yeah I'm with Scrib in that you can expect someone to give you at least a basic summary. Regardless of how short it is it really doesn't take that long to pen a quick summary to let people know the basic premise. With that at least they can know whether or not to read it. Saying "RANDOM FIC IS GOOD" doesn't mean much if there's no actual description of what 'it' is.

That being said I do like Go Gently a lot 5/5.

9. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

Also uhhh was typing on my phone dam auto correct:p

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Go Gently is a fic where Danny triggers after Annette's death and becomes a cape, without telling Taylor. For reasons that Danny won't explain, their house collapses soon after and the two move into an apartment full of Asian people. This includes Mr. Eikawa, the tall, muscled, tattooed and mysterious Asian man that lives next door.

Hijinks with 12 year old Taylor ensue.

There, a summary without giving too much away. Enjoy.

11. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

A super useful and revealing summary. Seriously though in a story this short a summary is either pointless or a gigantic spoiler.

It updated btw.

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

A summary gives you an idea of what the fic is and if it's worth reading. Aekiel's summary was neither pointless nor a gigantic spoiler, so you are quite obviously and blatantly wrong about this subject.

13. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

I looked back a few pages and couldn't find them so I thought I'd rec two fics.
    Dire Worm.
    An OC Tinker supervillain named Dire falls from her universe into Worm because of a negative reaction with one of Bakuda's time-bombs. She then meets the Undersiders and pursues a path that will lead her back to her own timeline so she can continue her struggle for world domination. From what I understand the villain is partly based on Doom and has some of his mannerisms (speaking of herself in the third person, bombastic, hammy dialogue) and skill with tech, but flipped a bit.

Most of the fights are awesome and show how exactly someone with her tech and savvy would win or be beaten and Dire doesn't just hang around the Undersiders like a puppy helping them through all their problems. She has shit to do.

Heels over Head
    Not as well written as Dire tbh. Taylor triggers with the power to counter the powers of others and then promptly joins the Wards. It's still in it's early stages, with the story not having gone past the power testing phase. Has some tropes that some people probably won't like, like the classic fanfiction/anime, "everyone's stares at your power-level" thing.

Stronger.
    Taylor triggers with Dauntless' power (the ability to imbue objects with a little bit of power every day to make them better at serving certain functions). This is a bit like HoH: still early days.Taylor has just started doing her job and we spend a lot of time on her augments. I like it because I get to geek out as I wonder how far Taylor will go when it comes to munchkining her ability. The author also has an obscene update rate so the story is probably going to over-take HoH soon.

14. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

I was debating about recommending Stronger, and I didn't for a couple of reasons really.

The first is that it's quite short, and the quality of writing presented hasn't enthralled me in the way that Go Gently did, and the second is that the update speed is obscene, so I want to wait a bit before casting judgement on something that may or may not end up the way Silent did.

I'll have to check out Dire Worm.

15. Aekiel

High Score:
  16. nath1607

nath1607 Groundskeeper

I like it. It is incredibly difficult to do a Daultness-power cape as while it is an OP power it takes years to reach that level. I also liked the bit where it would be a random object on you that would be empowered first, which makes sense.

I think it was Cenotaph that did an excellent Dauntless interlude that I would recommend.

17. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

18. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Just went trawling through the ideas thread on SB, and came across this gem, titled 'Think of it as a Game', it takes a more literal approach to the cops and robbers aspect of parahuman life, as it appears to be a real game.

That said it's very, very short, is only one chapter long so far (no idea if the auther that wrote it is likely to continue it or not), but it is interesting.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  19. Aekiel

High Score:
    Link's broken, dude.

20. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Ahh, whoops.

Not open for further replies.