1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else Video Games Thread [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erandil, Oct 28, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There'll probably have to be a GOTY edition for that to happen.

2. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Did they confirm that it's wholly exclusive, or is it just console exclusive? I played the first one on PC anyway, so if it's possible I may as well continue doing that.

E: Fully exclusive. Okay. Enjoy having your game tank, Squenix.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  3. Gengar

High Score:
    Okay I'm awake now! (fucking time zones)

The Sony press conference was okay. Bloodborne gameplay looks bloody phenomenal, ditto with the Order (they both got new trailers).

Rime continues to look really gorgeous and I can't wait for it.

I really can't stand minecraft, but there's a game that sounds similar but looks gorgeous and has a story / seemingly better combat called the Tomorrow Children.

Ninja Theory looks to be making a 'spiritual successor' to Heavenly Sword too, which is only a timed exclusive.

The rest was kinda 'meh' for me and can be looked up. The most exciting news is that BB is seemingly less than 6 months away.

Edit: oh, and Housemarque has a new twin stick shooter. Whoda thunk it. It looks to be in the same vain as Dead Nation though, and I didn't like how that controlled.

4. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Finished uploading my D2 Let's Play to youtube. 17 videos of roughly 30-45 minutes each. They took long enough to upload that by the time the last one was done, I actually finished recording my nightmare run, which was another 25 levels. Some of the episodes are pretty much just me grinding or dying to duriel or chaos sanctuary iron maiden curse for an hour straight.

5. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

TR2013 was a fun game, got it day 1, and enjoyed it greatly - that said, I'm still a bit pissed that their promises of additional tombs and challenge content that was never released as additional DLC (not that I like the idea of having to pay for more DLC, but this last game was kind of light on the puzzle side). I'm not talking about that multiplayer BS they did with maps and skins (who the hell buys Tomb Raider for mulitplayer anyway?), but more legitimate puzzles. A year later and we're still waiting for said content, so I can't exactly say I'm surprised by their move here. CD over projected sales to SE and under delivered considering how much their development cost, so a cash infusion from MS to help offset their crappy budgeting so they can do even more multiplayer is not that surprising at all. With MS's money, they can do what they want without being thrown under the bus by SE again, at least until this blows up in their faces and they realize that they just insulted and alienated about 2/3rds of their target demographic. Keep in mind, these are the same idiots that released the same game as a "definitive edition" to somehow lure counsel peasants to repurchase the same damn game at full cost on their new systems.

Am I happy about this? Hell no. Am I surprised by this? Well, they do have a track record of stupidity and not so great decision making, so I can't honestly say that it doesn't fit with their past actions in development.

6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Pshh, you didn't just play it on Hardcore for some tense recording?:p

7. Solomon

Solomon Heir

So it turns out that PT is

1) Actually creepy
    2) Obtuse as fuck near the end, and
    3) A teaser for a new Silent Hill game by Kojima and Guillermo del Toro.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Good creepy or kojima creepy?

9. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Good creepy.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    So happy you didn't say there's no difference, lol.

11. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

I was really impressed by that interactive trailer thing they did(basically a super short demo) it was cool and different.

12. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I could do hardcore if I wasn't playing a melee class. There are too many monsters that can kill in one hit, such as the flame-chanted ones that explode when they die (geleb flamefinger), not to mention being iron-maidened mid-zeal and having the finish the attack animation and then dying. I've gotten to Harcore-hell before, using a summon necro, but that's about as safe as you can get.

Also, started hell-mode, which is a pain if you've actually had to try it without the luxury of grinding NM baal. I ended up having to stun-lock more things then I care to admit with smite. My gear isn't even that terrible, but it is mostly just blood-crafted items + a Moser's shield that I was lucky to get from mephisto.

13. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Or some number of months pass. I mean, I guess this doesn't necessarily say that the name "Rise of the Tomb Raider" is just timed exclusive, but the game itself definitely is.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm hearing so many mixed messages about that that I genuinely stopped caring, lol.

I really appreciate how clear Sony was in their conference on the 'exclusive' details.

15. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Huh, Fable Anniversary popped up on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/288470/

Release day is set for the 12th of September.

I wonder if they're gonna do Fable 2 as well in this fashion. I always wondered why that one was kept as an exclusive.

16. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I just happened to come across that article and figured I should share, hahah.

And yeah, I agree about Sony. Their PR since the PS4 unveiling has been a real breath of fresh air.

17. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I'd like to bring this old game to DLP's attention, as I have played it when I was younger (and still do).

Zax: The Alien Hunter is an isometric 2d shooter adventure game for the PC and was released by Reflexive Entertainment in September 2001.

[​IMG]

The main characters is Zax, an alien humanoid who crash-landed on an unknown planet, which is overrun by hostile robot forces.

The game's plot is centered on Zax's hunt for ore and crystals, which eventually transforms into his quest to liberate the primitive Korbo race from the army of Om, a powerful robot whom Korbo believe to be an angry god.

The game is mostly a shooter with minor puzzle elements. A role-playing game element is also present, as the player is required to collect ore and crystals to assemble new weapons and items, such as energy shields, first aids, and protector drones.

The main accent in shooting mechanics is placed on enemy teleporters, which constantly spawn new robots unless a console is destroyed, which is usually somewhere nearby. The opponents of the game are robots, plus some of planet's dangerous wildlife.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In response to 'corporate greed' and for the promotion of the PC master race, yet another so-called 'hacker' group is going to be running large scale ddos on blizzard, riot, and PSN for the foreseeable future. They also diverted the SONY ceo's american airlines flight with a twitter bombthreat a few hours ago

All of my facepalms at 'hacker' attention whores.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    So, I'm not clued in on the technical side of these DDOS attacks or whatever.

I do know there's a lot of eye rolling and sniggering at Sony in the industry which really hacks me off.

Are they to blame at all?

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not really. I suppose they could throw money at the problem and hire better security teams, but large scale denial of service attacks (essentially flooding servers with ping) are hard to preemptively combat.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
Not open for further replies.