1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Quality Naruto fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Inert, Feb 17, 2012.

1. EspadaraUchiha

EspadaraUchiha Muggle

Hm...Dawn's Sage is a really good fic, where Naruto accidentally gets sent to Mt Myoboku after the Kyuubi is sealed inside him. He gets trained in the Sage techniques (Even managing to collect Natural Chakra while moving.) He joins Akatsuki with a female Deidara, and helps them collect the Biju. It's a really nice fic, and it's complete!

There was this other fic I read a while back, but I forgot the title. It had Hagoromo dieing in the battle against the Juubi, and so Indra and Ashura got different morals. Hashirama and Madara HATED each other, Madara won their fight, people have no idea what chakra is....Naruto was born with the Rinnegan and sets out to bring chakra to the world with Rock Lee as his bodyguard. I don't know if it was abandoned or not, I'll try to find it again.

2. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

3. EspadaraUchiha

EspadaraUchiha Muggle

No, the fic I was talking about had the present day still stuck in the Warring Clans era. Minato/Kushina were still alive, Madara was killed after Naruto left...Hashirama is apparently alive too, but wears some kind of disguise so it's probably that worlds version of Obito or something. The writing is sorta average, but I mainly like it because it sounds fairly interesting.

And I read the Samsara and its sequel. I kinda stopped reading when they started bringing tons of different gods into the mix.

4. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Oh. I never actually read the Samasara series it just didn't click with me, but some of what you said before sounded like it.

5. EspadaraUchiha

EspadaraUchiha Muggle

Found it, Looks like it's discontinued...it's a shame, the author actually has a few good ideas in some of his stories, but varying update times.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10105256/1/Rebirth

By KenshinAkagi

Princess Kaguya failed to bring peace. Hagoromo failed to seal the Juubi. Madara never met Hashirama. How can all of these changes, seemingly minor on their own, affect the lives of everyone in the ninja world? Can Naruto, as a new Sage, spread Peace to a world ruled by clans and war? Story will get much darker. MASSIVE AU. Rinnegan!Naruto. DISCONTINUED

6. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Too bad, but I can see why. It's a shame that this author couldn't do this idea more justice.

7. Xcaliber

Xcaliber Muggle

Hey just gonna throw this out there to see as i can't see it on this
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9685327/1/The-Spring-of-the-Plague

Edit: i was so tired last night i forgot to post the summary

" When Konoha ninja return from investigating one of Orochimaru's laboratories, they bring back a devastating strain of chakra bacterium - Kimimaro's sickness developed into a bioweapon. As Naruto and his surviving friends struggle to live in Plague-stricken Konoha, Madara plots, an anti-ninja cult demands repentance, and, in the midst of it all, Sasuke seeks a perfect revenge."

BTW Neji is a badass!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  8. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

The total lack of information really makes me want to read it.

9. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not even totally sure what they were trying to say.

10. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

In Fire Forged by OmgImPwned.

"In a world where modern physics and chakra are seemingly irreconcilable, fifteen-year-old Haruno Sakura graduates as a first-grade genin with the year's highest academic scores and is thrust into a world more complex and a lot less nice than she would have thought at first. AU. Volume one of a planned trilogy."

It's - obviously - a Sakura-centric story (first person POV). This may turn many off to the story almost immediately, but I've been enjoying it quite a bit. You'll find the Sakura here a bit different from canon Sakura - in many ways. She takes her ninja training seriously, is still friends with Ino (probably having something to do with Sasuke being female).

It's AU, so other differences are a bit more pronounced. The society is more technologically advanced (at least, it feels like it is), ninja seem to almost be treated like celebrities - Kakashi is described as famous.

In any case, it's definitely something I recommend at least checking out.

11. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

how is naruto treated in the story?

12. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

He's... not exactly the same. He certainly isn't bashed - but he's definitely not canon Naruto. He's best friends with fem!Sasuke, and knows wind jutsu upon graduation. Also, he seemingly isn't ostracized by the village (at least from what I've seen so far), and seems to be a well-liked individual.

13. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'd read that.

14. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Okay, only read 2 chapters for now, but this is surprisingly good. I was not expecting that tbh.

15. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I like it. It tries to portray a slightly more "realistic" version of the Naruto universe, but without being as grimdark as many of the other stories with that concept. It also has a retelling of the bell test that I really enjoyed. (Which is quite an achievement, since I've read about that tests dozens of times in other fics.) It diverges after that.

Here is a slightly longer description of the story by the author:

16. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

That sounds really interesting, only Sakura being the PoV seems like a downside. Will give it a try anyways.

17. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I lost my prejudice against Sakura PoV after reading Time Braid. Definitely gonna give this a look over.

18. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

It's pretty good; I've actually become a fan of Sakura-centric stories recently if only because having an everyman protagonist isn't done very often in Naruto.

19. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

This version of Sakura really reminds of Taylor from Worm for some reason.

20. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Well shit, I was going to read it, but now I don't want to after the Taylor comparison.