1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

CYS: Aria of Torment

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lexicat, Sep 12, 2014.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No.
    /ten char

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Thanks for sticking around Zenzao!!

Sorry RL hectic. Definitely need to see Scumhunting from Aekiel.

This Fonti citrus battle is interesting.

Atum -- <3 the math reference but I actually don't know what Sword of Mathematics is. *is blushing profusely*

---------- Post automerged at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Ohhhh I love that now that I get it after thinking a minute about it!!

Atum -- you make my night.

So far on my awesome list -- Atum, fluffy Snowvon, The MotherFluffer, and those who say they won't lynch me today :D

Not awesome list -- Aekiel/PoD for saying I should die. :(

Not sure list -- Sloth for saying I should die in a few weeks. Anyone else who says this. :(

---------- Post automerged at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

And Zenzao is on my awesome list for being authentic with us!

3. Titus

Titus Squib

Sloth, I play on many different sites. This usually had shorter deadlines (24-48 hours). However, this game mirrors mafiascum deadlines. They require different approaches.

My front lobe needs no explaining? So I take it you have an expertise in brain power.;)

I like Aekiel as town. All math's posts are scum 101. She just claims neutral to sail.

4. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Titus, how do you approach shorter vs. longer deadlines?

5. powerofdeath

powerofdeath Muggle

I'm really sorry but I've been really busy with school and stuff. I will try to pick up my activity.

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sorry about lack of activity yesterday. Got my new graphics card and spent the majority of my after work time setting up my computer.

Heading off to work now, but I'll be posting tonight.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lexi! Vote count plox. I want to do things.

8. blab

blab Second Year

These opinions are kind of bland, they could do with a bit of rseaoning.

9. Titus

Titus Squib

@Sloth, is that your profile.

@Blab, quote boxes can come when I have time. Math is stopping townblocks from forming by using her scumreads. Math's Aekiel read was bad. A surv should not care who is lynched but just play like ika regarding hanmers.

10. blab

blab Second Year

@Titus
    ??? i don't get it ???
    What exactly is Mathblade's read on Aekiel?
    How does she prevent townblocks with her reads?
    Which townblocks would have formed without Mathblade's interference?
    How did you come to this observation in the first place?

Can you also give reasons for the two townreads because I don't see where you are coming from.
    What's your reasoning for Citrus?
    Is your reasoning for Aekiel similar to fontisians?

11. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Well, I know I wouldn't like to have my eye gouged out, but that's never happened to me. But more seriously, I enjoy mafia because of the mystery - i.e., not knowing what factions people are. Scum just seems like town except without the mystery and a QT which I would be forced to use. Also, dat role flavour. Got to keep in character.

Sorry to have to tell you this, Lyrium... but I am da bomb ;)
    I'm doing good thanks, just eating some toffee popcorn. You? Don't forget to take another look at #285.

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Hmmmm I like Titus but her flipping on me is weird. And the defense of Aekiel is utter shit. Makes me think that maybe Titus was nicer at the start to try to avoid my radar? Possible Titus/Aekiel alignment?

And damn straight I should care who goes. If someone who says I need to be eliminated when I am not acting against either group there is a problem.

So yeah -- say you're out to get me, I'm out to get you. Pretty simple.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hey Kalas, while you're waiting to see if your totally awesome modvote will work, can you tell me more about where you tip on the Survivor!MathBlade scale?

14. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Can someone toss me a vote count? Doesn't have to be official.
    Game's sort of dead for a bit, so little data coming in.

This has been your daily Sloth Check In.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

1. And that's something I don't do, because obviously I wouldn't lie about something like that as town and as scum I would feel like it toes the lines of IRL/experience lying which I'm very against

2. Fair enough, it'd also help if I had any idea how to use the search function here (I pretty much only use it on FS)

3. I didn't say nothing. But you're not taking control of the game as you normally do as town. Town!Fontisian tries to solve the game D1. Scum!Fontisian tries to set up mislynches. You've poked people but you aren't pushing your town/scum block stuff which you did in the other witch hunt game here where you were town that I was in with you. That game you pushed those block ideas a few times, this game you've mainly focused on the two people that voted you every

So why bring up your activity is less on other sites? That's literally irrelevant if your point is your scumplay is higher activity on DLP

5. At that moment. It's indicative of someone's reactions. For example, if you vote me right after I vote you, then later say it's based on my earlier posts, but at the moment it was because I voted you. Your vote looks and feels like an OMGUS because I went from not your focus to scum where the only difference was me pressuring you with a vote. Hence OMGUS. And if you really want me to explain my scum meta I can do so, but you're going to claim I poured wine all over it so there's no point really. That discrediting you early thing only happened in the most recent game, whereas if I were scum I wouldn't care because I could just push to night kill you, since if if I were scum obviously I'd have that power.

6. Except I didn't even notice he had, but you did because you explicitly said so. So I'm trying to reason things out looking from your PoV. The key part there is you vote A and A votes you. Then B votes you. Then you vote B claiming B is scum as well as A. That's calling your entire wagon scum, so you're basically discrediting.

8. I said they're more likely to belong to scum? If my 'not's are flipped it's because I typed that during a study break and typo'd

9. Of course you do over the course of the day from people that aren't scared you'll jump down their throats (scum OR town), but in the intial parts of D1? When there's theoretically easy mislynch bait floating around? Nah

10. "before you attacked me." See, this is actual self-consciousness.

11. You did, but it's also buddying. You're associating with Snowvon and making yourself feel more comfortable/towny with him. Ex: encouraging him when he said he thinks you're town

---------- Post automerged at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

So bring it back to life Sloth. You posted a cool wall, are you going to do anything else with it or were you trying to make the room we're all playing mafia in more colorful?

---------- Post automerged at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Vote-counts are all 0-2 votes on any given player anyways I think

---------- Post automerged at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Hmm. Actually Vote: Sloth

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Votehunting? I can do that.

(I may have missed some votes that weren't colored but I skimmed very carefully -- Lexicat will have the final say so eh, I tried.)

Present Unofficial Votals:

Aekiel (5): Rubicon, Snowvon, TerRaine, MathBlade, Sloth
    Citrus (3): Lyrium, fontisian, blab
    fontisian (3): Citrus x2, powerofdeath
    blab (2): Rubicon, Aekiel
    Rubicon (1): Zenzao
    Sloth (1): Citrus
    Lexicat (1): Kalas

Not Voting: Atum, Titus, Doctor Whooves

People Who I'm Pretty Sure Have Yet To Cast A Vote For Some Reason: Atum, Doctor Whooves

I may have fucked up with regards to Citrus because I have no idea how his votes/unvotes work or how he intended to use them or if voting for someone else nulls the other two or or or stress.

Citrus votes for blab x3 in 29
    Titus votes for MathBlade in 31
    Snowvon votes for Titus in 32
    Rubicon votes for MathBlade in 33
    fontisian votes for Zenzao in 34
    Aekiel votes for Zenzao in 43
    Lyrium votes for Titus in 45
    Kalas votes for Lexicat in 47
    MathBlade votes for Rubicon in 51
    Titus unvotes MathBlade in 63
    MathBlade votes for Zenzao in 113
    Zenzao votes for Titus in 125
    blab votes for fontisian in 128
    Aekiel votes for Rubicon in 131
    Zenzao unvotes Titus and votes for fontisian in 136
    Citrus votes for fontisian in 137
    fontisian unvotes Zenzao and votes for Citrus in 140
    fontisian unvotes Citrus and votes Rubicon in 144
    Citrus places a second vote on fontisian in 147
    MathBlade unvotes Zenzao and votes for Rubicon in 169
    Lyrium unvotes Titus and votes for Citrus in 188
    Zenzao unvotes fontisian and votes for Rubicon in 190
    powerofdeath votes for fontisian in 200
    Rubicon votes for Aekiel and blab in 215
    Aekiel votes for blab in 241
    Snowvon votes for Aekiel in 249
    fontisian unvotes Rubicon and votes for Citrus in 254
    blab votes Citrus in 292
    TerRaine votes for Aekiel in 307
    MathBlade votes for Aekiel in 308
    Sloth votes for Aekiel in 332
    Citrus votes for Sloth in 355

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Holy shit thank you Snowvon!

I only have 1 vote so those are the only ones that matter, I have only demonstrated (when an official votecount comes) that I have but one vote to give

---------- Post automerged at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Well fyi my vote is on Sloth, also did not realize we had wagons already interesting

---------- Post automerged at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Snowvon's Updated Unofficial Votals:

Aekiel (5): Rubicon, Snowvon, TerRaine, MathBlade, Sloth
    Citrus (3): Lyrium, fontisian, blab
    fontisian (1): powerofdeath
    blab (2): Rubicon, Aekiel
    Rubicon (1): Zenzao
    Sloth (1): Citrus
    Lexicat (1): Kalas

Not Voting: Atum, Titus, Doctor Whooves

People Who I'm Pretty Sure Have Yet To Cast A Vote For Some Reason: Atum, Doctor Whooves

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Saying the same things over and over again doesn't make them true, Citrus.

1. Good thing it's not actually lying then. Creating an image that is sort of true but overall gives you a more favorable impression is in a more gray area.

2. No, not fair enough. The basis of your case was either a lie or a result of you not reading the game. This is why you are scum. You don't get to dismiss it as you somehow not knowing how to use control f.

4. I am pissed at you, outside of a game context, for attacking the amount of effort I'm putting in when I am putting in more effort then you. It's hypocritical and bullshit. Clear?

For the actual relevant point, I am solving the game, idiot. I only have a solid town block of four people, and lighter town reads on an additional four, so pushing lynches on the remain seven plus Mathblade would be moronic. Of course, the point you are trying to make here is bullshit, because you first attacked me for doing nothing less than 16 hours into the game, i.e. earlier than I have been able to break any game ever.

5. Seriously? You. Did. Not. Have. Any. Earlier. Posts.

Yoou do not get to dismiss the fact that your logic was shit simply because I am the one pointing it out. Had you made a similarly bullshit filled case against another strong town player, I would have driven you into the ground just as hard as I am doing now.

You don't have to explain your scum meta to me. I've already observed it. This is fitting into the pattern beautifully.

6. Oh look, another lie. I didn't even notice that you and Zenzao were voting next to each other until you pointed it in an attempt to clear yourself. Quote the part where I mentioned it before then. I dare you.

You're also deliberately messing with the order of events. I voted Zenzao and then he voted me. Had the reverse been the case, you might actually have a point. You then took advantage of his vote to jump on the Fonti wagon, while making up reasons, and dismissing my accusation as focused on self defense.

19. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Do you mind posting those quotes? I read back, but I couldn't see anything more than standard early-day-one banter.

20. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd respond to individual posts directly if the quotation wasn't broken again(turning up blank after clicking quote/multiquote).

@Kalas Thanks man. I haven't really had pressure put on me before in these games, I'll try not to let it get to me from here on.

@fontisian Yeah, thank you.

@TerRaine No worries, and will do.

@Lyrium Yeah, Survivor was the best of times, pity the last game fizzled though I understand Lexicat had her reasons. What I really want to know is where have Zeit and Caligula vanished to?

@Sloth Flustered primarily, and I didn't realize I should have let the matter go or tried to turn the tables back on any accusers. Most of my knowledge on these games is minimal and I've had to check several things against mafiascum.net to understand them. I have a decent clarity of different roles/powers and the regular day/night term, but this game is something else entirely. Assumptions made that are useless here.

Alright. Faintly suspicious is Rubicon in #33, using the term "speedwagon go go go". Probably jest given what was said later about speedwagon's being immediate scumtells but whatever, newb scumhunting indicates it is worth notation.

@Citrus, @Fontisian, I just checked and at the point Fonti laid her vote on me in #34 she was indeed the only one to have actually voted on me. Aekial only followed suit in #43 and also provided the only vote tally I recall seeing so far.

Vote Tally(as of 5:20)
    Blab: Citrus, Rubicon(Did NOT Unvote Mathblade from #33, split vote on Aekial), Aekial(Did NOT Unvote Zenzao from #43),
    Mathblade: Titus > UNVOTE, Rubicon
    Titus: Snowvon, Lyrium, Zenzao > UNVOTE.
    Zenzao: Fontisian > UNVOTE, Aekial, Mathblade(Did NOT Unvote on Rubicon from #51) > UNVOTE.
    Rubicon: Mathblade|Mathblade, Aekial(Did NOT Unvote Zenzao from #43), Fontisian > UNVOTE, Zenzao > UNVOTE.
    Fontisian: blab, Zenzao > UNVOTE, Citrus|Citrus, powerofdeath
    Citrus: Fontisian > UNVOTE, Fontisian, blab(Did NOT Unvote Fontisian from #128).
    Aekial: Rubicon(Did NOT Unvote Mathblade from #33, split vote on blab, Snowvon, TerRaine, Mathblade(Did NOT Unvote Rubicon from #51/169), ---------- Post automerged at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------[/SIZE]

Aaaaand Snowvon beat me to it while I was screwing around with all the html tags, mfw.