1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

CYS: Aria of Torment

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lexicat, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Jesus Font, you're being kinda passive aggressive when you say stuff like this if you don't realize it.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

(I actually asked Lexicat what she would do if someone wished for something that she couldn't reasonably give, and she told me she would twist the wish against them somehow. So, it could have been worse?)

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    And that was obvious Fonti, BECAUSE I MANAGED TO FIGURE OUT THE SCUMTEAM. I GOT TOWNCRED FOR ACTUALLY ACTING TOWN. How can you not understand that?

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No, I couldn't have. I need to get a kill through in order to take majority with Von. Killing you would have been a risk, which was completely unacceptable.

And that's the point. It's not that you were immortal. It's that with our limited information, you might as well have been.

---------- Post automerged at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

I tired of Lucky defending Lexi's shitty modding because he wants a win.

5. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

font:
    i fucking called you out
    blab started a train on you
    lyrim derped called you
    lycky knew it was you

your arguemnt isfucking shit, your play was shit i called you out day fucking one on anohter game so yes continue to spew nonsense

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hey Lexi, next time say this first please?

7. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

font have you ever modded a game yourself?

seriosu question right here cus unless if your answer is yes, you pracitly have no rights to call her mod shitty.

8. fontisian

You didn't have to figure out the scumteam to win though. The fact that you did was completely irrelevant to your win. It wasn't like it was hard when Lyrium literally spelled it out for you.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

About modding.

The fact that it sometimes took hours (or even a whole day) to resolve a Day ability or a lynch is, respectfully, something that needs to be improved.

---------- Post automerged at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Although to be honest, I don't see why she couldn't have included Lucky in the count. I wouldn't have been told whose wincon belonged to whom -- please explain?

10. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I agree with this.

I understand not being able to follow the thread 24/7, but making Monochrome a full co-mod would have made a lot of sense.

11. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Oh and Zenzao, just so you know I was on this game to the detriment of other stuff I could be doing and the night you decided to battle kill me I was enjoying a nice dinner with friends.

Lucky was awesome. I was ready to believe that the dream had been messed with by Kalas.

I would never have lynched Snowvon due to the wish thing.

I was sure Zenzao was derping and interactions showed TerRaine was scum..I just didn't have time to go back and do TerRaine\Fonti interactions.

I thought my power was more like Seer rather then oracle (and Lexi I would love more on the "powers will grow") part and I thought my "suicide pact" gambit would force scum to give me a chance to have a good vision.

Of course was it Zenzao RBing me those two times?

I need to find a gif for it.

Also, of the three Kalas was the most suspicious day one. If TerRaine hadn't done the Fonti defend on day one I wouldn't have noticed her as much. Fonti's kill of Rubicon was what convinced me she was scum (and that fact that her and Kalas both antagonized him).

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

It might be a good idea if everyone's who's up in arms just takes a breather. Keep in mind this was a BASTARD GAME, which means it's not super hyper serious. We played, we had fun, we got to be the characters we asked for. Like there's no way you can't say players like Luckylee didn't do well this game, and it's also fairly objective to say the game was fairly stacked against mafia.

You guys can both be good, we haven't decided only one of Lucky and Font has skill whatsoever because only one of them won this game.

13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I don't want a win Fonti, I actually fucking won. You acting otherwise or claiming I'm Op is ridiciulous

I out played and out analzyed your team, get the fuck over it. I had to figure out the scumteam so I wouldn't be, you know, murdered by them? My wincondition is to BE THE LAST ONE STANDING. Figuring out the scum team was integeral to that.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I agree, I think it might be good to move that discussion to general mafia discussion though, because it's probably a good idea for all future games here in general

15. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

You know what Lucky Fuck you.

Just cause you're defensive and pissy dont fucking claim I LOST THE GAME.

Lexi said point blank that it would have meant a town win.

16. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Ok, so I was going off memory, but checking my list apparrently 6 people wanted scum, and here's why they didn't get it.

Zenzao wanted scum/town. There were no townies at that point so I gave him town because balance.
    Snowvon wanted scum or third party. I tried having someone whose main ideal was "if I die the universe explodes" as scum, but it only made sense as a third party supersaint bomb survivor.
    Citrus was ORIGINALLY scum. He was a janitor type thing where once someone died, if he targetted them in the same night, he could assimilate them and leave no corpse. In play testing, this would prove to be broken, so Bones (Titus' role) was made into a gravedigger as well (to see people he janitored) but even that wasn't enough. The gravediffer title in Titus' role is a leftover from that phase. Citrus needed to be shifted to third party to make him balanced, and he needed a non obtrusive role to not fuck balance again. That's what he got, with all the item producers in this game.

17. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

I liked this game, it made me want to make a game with lots of different powers.

And the choosing your flavor part was fun too.

18. fontisian

I actually approved of TerRaine's very minor buddying to me, because if either of us flipped, the other would have looked good. There's no reason for scum to buddy another scum, after all.

Also, the scum read of Rubicon was legit. As were the early scum reads of Citrus and Snowvon.

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Except I could've been wrong and shot a member of town, Raine? I figured out you were scum, so I shot you. I could've easily shot someone else, but ya know, I didn't and won. So yeah Fonti belittling my victory is really pissing me off.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Also @Fontisian

Why couldn't you just let me slide after I claimed Third Party. :(
    I was kinda trying to tell you I would side with you regardless when I totally flipped on my stance on you and you went and chucked me off a cliff (I guess it makes sense now why you were so aggro against Titus).

Also

@Lexicat

Umm, how was I supposed to meet my win condition this game? What if all the gift givers refused to gift give/they died early? Were there even many of them to begin with? I feel like my win condition was the most impossible one, like I genuinely still don't understand how I was supposed to meet my win condition this game:

"Hello Citrus, you are the Katamari Ball, Third Party Waste Disposal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMH49ieL4es (You wanted flavour? too bad, you get music. Enjoy this stuck in your head.)

(Active) ROLLIN'!: You may target a player at night. If they have any loose items on them, you will assimilate them into your ball.

You win if you claim 4 items into your ball.?