1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Age: Inquisition (Illiterate Edition)

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by ScottPress, Aug 14, 2013.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can drop danexus files in the override folder, but that's about it. When it comes to computers, I'm an amateur. I really should start getting more into this whole programming thing or whatever the collective name is for the digital know-how considering the times we live in.

2. ScottPress

High Score:
    So I found a link on BSN:

Info on some of the abilities

Some interesting things:

- A Storm/Inferno mage will be an absolute arcane motherfucker.

- Grappling Chain is part of the Battlemaster tree.

- Combat Roll is also part of the warrior's Battlemaster tree, which makes me wonder if rogues will have some sort of move to close distance. I thought this was well done in DA2: warriors had their dash, DW rogues had the leap. I guess we'll see soon enough.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jessie Cox (i think that's his name?) has a long gameplay video on YouTube with a preset party. Rogue MC, Cassandra, Varic and that elf mage dude. I think Inferno was the name of one of his skill trees. Could be wrong.

The rogue MC has a blink backstab that teleports you behind your target from range, 90% sure that was in DA2 too.

4. ScottPress

High Score:
    Actually, so far rogues look the most underwhelming to me. Maybe it's because we haven't seen their specs, but puny traps aren't my thing. None of the videos I saw showed any hard-hitting skill for rogues, like Twin Fangs (that's what it was called in DA2, I think it's the same in DAI) - well, except for the archer's Longshot, but fuck archers.

2h warriors especially seem to have some cool stuff and we always knew that mages were going to rape everything. Show me the Assassin, damn you!

And yes, backstab in DA2 was a short range flanking teleport.

5. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Eh, Rogues don't seem that bad. They're not as flashy, sure and they don't have any Big Hitters, but they're not a class that focuses on moves that deal a fuck-ton of damage in one it. It seems like they're more about getting a bunch of moves off more quickly than the other classes.

Though Assassin might have the big-hitter moves, so we'll see.

Anyway, Inferno Mage looks like it has good synergy with the Spirit Tree, for Barriers. Can't wait to start messing around to see which trees work best together.

6. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Probably a male elf mage, the flashier the better, if possible Dalish, and a Female Qunari, probably a 2H warrior. I always played with Rogues first, but I'm very uninpressed by them till now. Do you need the DA Keeper to use you older saves?

I propose we post hour continuum from all DA games, can we post here or create a new thread?

7. ScottPress

High Score:
    Invictus, AFAIK, you will can synch your saves with the Keep to then customize that save and upload it to the game proper, so yes, DAKeep is mandatory.

I don't understand what you meant by the last sentence. Though I suppose if DAI turns out to be big among DLPrs, we could make a discussion thread in Multimedia then.

8. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Yeah, need DA Keep to get your saves from older games onto the new one. Or, you can make an identical save, replicating all the choices and such.

I think what Invictus is asking is to post Savegames here, to share em. Which is also something you can do in the keep. You can create a save, lock it, and then share the save and then people can browse them on the keep and choose one.

Honestly, my biggest gripe with the keep is that you can't change the default names of the default starting character they give you >.> Also, I'd rather have a ave where I know the Spec of the character I'm using, which you can't do right now because syncing is down.

9. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Yep, that and share what choices you made and why. I think knowing how different people views of the game helps to enjoy it even more. And helps to give more hype before the game and such. I love watching movies and reading books about the period I'm going to play in Total War Games.

10. ScottPress

High Score:
    On second thought, this is a thread about DAI. So why don't we just keep posting here. No point in making another thread if we already have one.

As for story choices, who says we need the Keep to discuss the choices we made? Invictus, you brought it up, you wanna get us started?

11. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Eh, personally, I have two sets of choices I tend to go with for DAO.

1 is: Human Male Noble.My King Warden Save. Major story choices are:
    Romance: Leliana (hardened)
    Urn: Kills Dragon Cultists
    Mage Tower: Saves Irving
    Redcliffe: Uses Mages so as to not have to kill Isolde or Connor
    Orzammar: Put...Harrowmont on the throne? The one who wants better relations with the surface, anyway.
    Dalish: Let the Werewolves slaughter the Elves (He believes in eye for an eye justice)
    Alienage: Kill the Tevinter Slavers
    Landsmeet: Kill Loghain, have Warden marry Anora.
    Morrigan's Ritual: Yes, because why the fuck not?

2 is: Human Male Mage. This guy doesn't really give any fucks.
    Romance: Morrigan
    Urn: Kill Dragon Cultists, because fuck those guys.
    Dalish: Cure Werewolves, save Dalish. AW Get.
    Mage Tower: Save Irving, cuz fuck the Templars.
    Redcliffe: Take a moment to go Harden Alistair, then have Jowan murderify Isolde. Makes a deal with the demon for Blood Magic.
    Orzammar: Break the Anvil, put the same guy on the throne.
    Alienage: Kill the Slavers
    Landsmeet: Have Alistair slaughter Loghain, he marries Anora.
    Morrigan's Ritual: To him, this basically just another reason to have sex with Morrigan.

I can't really remember much about my DA2 saves, but I know I prefer Mage Hawke with my Mage Warden. Rogue Hawke for King Warden. And basically take every non-horrible choice? I kill off Anders every time, because fuck that whiny ass bitch.

12. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

It's the other one. Harrowmont is the decent guy, but a total traditionalist. Bhelen is an asshole, who is ultimately very forward-thinking.

Isn't it impossible for them to marry if Alistair kills Loghain? I seem to remember that.

13. ScottPress

High Score:
    Then you mean Bhelen.

That's impossible. If Alistair kills Loghain himself, Anora absolutely refuses to have anything to do with him. It's one or the other at that point. Alistair and Anora will rule jointly if the Warden kills Loghain, or Loghain joins the Wardens, hardened Alistair marries Anora and assumes the throne immediately, Loghain takes Alistair's place in the party.

Will post my save in a moment, need to refresh memory.

EDIT: the save I prepared for my first DAI playthrough (whenever that happens)

Origins

Male Dwarf Commoner (warrior). Gladly accepted Duncan's offer because fuck Dust Town.

Quests:

Redcliffe: killed Connor in real world. Killed Jowan (as a casteless dwarf, my Warden was desensitized to violence and having worked for Behrat he's used to dishing out death).

Sacred ashes: slaughtered the cultists, let bro Genitivi go (what do I care about funny human religions, anyway?)

Mage tower: dwarves don't know much about this magic business and Cullen made a convincing case. He did survive, after all. Slaughtered everything in the Harrowing Chamber.

Brecilian: let werewolves kill the elves.

Orzammar: spared the Anvil (Only willing dwarves would go under the hammer, right? Right? And golems, man. Those darkspawn ain't gonna kill themselves). Put Behlen on the throne (He wants to make goody-goody with surfacers. Harrowmont doesn't think anything needs changing, fuck this guy).

Alienage: killed slavers.

Landsmeet: Secured allies to win the debate. Alistair said he didn't want the throne, fine. He'll make a better Warden anyway. Let Anora rule. While she's at it, I'll kill her dad.

This magic thing again. I didn't feel so confident about human-dwarf compatibility, so I made Alistair do the godbaby-making with the Wicked Witch.

Then Alistair killed the Archdemon and I became Paragon. Was hard at work creating my noble house for weeks afterwards. Didn't have time for romance during the Blight, so I made up for it.

Companions:

Recuited everyone but Zevran. You send assassins after me, I send them back to you in pieces.

Sten got his sword back. Both Leliana and Alistair were hardened. I cut a deal with Flemeth for her grimoire, didn't really feel like taking on a supposedly madly powerful, powerfully mad Witch of the Wilds. She's weird, but in a cool sort of way.

DLC:

Ostagar: burned Cailan in a pyre. Alistair was there, would've been kinda insensitive to throw his brother's body to the wolves. Or darkspawn.

Warden's Keep: killed everything. I'm not a fan of undead and this blood magic business unnerves me.

Stone Prisoner: I'm a dwarf, you really think I wouldn't want a golem?

Amgarrak: I killed everything. Was there another way to do it?

Witch Hunt: whatever, she's not the mother of my kid, Alistair might get pissed if I killed her. She can do whatever she wants. If she causes trouble, I can always ring up Flemeth.

Awakening:

Gave Nathaniel a chance to redeem his name, gave Anders a cat, killed even more darkspawn, pimped out my fortress, protected the farmlands (I'm a man of the people, yo), saved Amaranthine and killed the Architect. Too freaky, this guy.

DA2

Male Mage Hawke - I can't help it, the Destiny trailer is just too awesome. Became a BAMF, but without blood magic.

Was Witty!Hawke, because. Because!

Recruited all companions, romanced the slutty pirate. Fenris got on my nerves.

Was pro-mage. Carver joined the Templars.

Killed Arishok in single combat.

Stopped Anders from killing the mage girl.

Had Anders momentarily heal Bartrand, spared his life. Sided with Orsino in Act 3. Had Sandal neuter the idol shard.

Told Terrorist!Anders to get the fuck out of Kirkwall. I understand his reasons. His fate is not my decision, but I don't condone his actions either.

Fought against Templars in the finale.

DLC:

Killed Corypheus, killed the secret boss, took the sneaky route during the party.

That's the major stuff.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  14. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Just a heads up, but all elf players are dalish. On mobile so cannot really post the summary, but each race acts like a background ala Shepard back stories. Also Mage class differs per race.

15. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Yeah, got the saves mixed up. Alistair Slaughters Loghain in the King warden Save.

16. Pasta Sentient

Post contains minor spoilers

Elves: 25% ranged defense
    Dwarves: 25% magic defense
    Qunari: 10% melee defense
    Human: Bonus Ability Point

Elven Mage:

Enslaved long ago by humans, most elves still live as second-class citizens within human cities. Elves who reject this life are known as the Dalish: nomadic wanderers who strive to keep the ancient elven religion and traditions alive. You grew up in the wilderness, a member of the Lavellan Dalish clan and apprentice to its leader and guide, the Keeper. The clan wandered the northern Free Marches, and you had little need to interact with humans—until the Keeper sent you to the Chantry's conclave as a spy. What happened there, she said, would impact not only the Dalish but indeed all elves. She could not have known how right she was.

Elven Warrior/Rogue:Enslaved long ago by humans, most elves still live as second-class citizens within human cities. Elves who reject this life are known as the Dalish: nomadic wanderers who strive to keep the ancient elven religion and traditions alive. You were raised in the wilderness to be a hunter, relied upon by the Lavellan clan for food and protection. The clan wandered the northern Free Marches and had little need to interact with humans—until the clan's Keeper sent you to the Chantry's conclave as a spy. What happened there, she said, would impact not only the Dalish but indeed all elves. She could not have known how right she was.

Human Mage:

Born to the Trevelyan noble family of Ostwick in the Free Marches, you were originally intended for a life of privilege—until magical abilities surfaced at a young age and you were forced into a life of confinement within Ostwick's Circle of Magi. Protected but stifled, educated but isolated, the Circle would have been your entire future had the mages not rebelled against Chantry rule. Like it or not, you had to fight for your life against templars hunting down all "free" mages. You joined the delegation of mages attending a Chantry conclave in hopes of negotiating peace with the templars. It didn't go well.

Human Warrior/Rogue:

As the youngest child of the Trevelyan noble house, you grew up in the Free Marcher city of Ostwick and have enjoyed a life of privilege. With close family ties to the Chantry, and many relatives among the priesthood and the templars, you were always expected to follow a similar path in service of the Maker—regardless of how you feel about the matter personally. Willing or unwilling, you were sent to the Chantry's conclave to assist relatives who sought to make peace between the templars and mages. It didn't go well.

Qunari Mage:

Followers of the strict religious philosophy of the Qun, the Qunari appeared like a tidal wave to the north of Thedas three hundred years ago. You are Tal-Vashoth, a Qunari who has rejected the Qun and never even lived in Qunari lands. You have earned a place within the Valo-kas mercenary company as its mage, possessing abilities that would have made you a pet slave among your own people, ignoring the fearful looks you receive from those around you. Most recently the company was sent to the Chantry conclave, hired swords meant to keep the peace—a task that has gone horribly wrong.

Qunari Warrior/Rogue:

Followers of the strict religious philosophy of the Qun, the Qunari appeared like a tidal wave to the north of Thedas three hundred years ago. You are Tal-Vashoth, a Qunari who has rejected the Qun and never even lived in Qunari lands. As part of the Valo-kas mercenary company, you have earned a living by your own wits and the strength of your blade, ignoring the fearful looks you receive from those around you. Most recently the company was sent to the Chantry conclave as hired swords meant to keep the peace between mages and templars—a task that has gone horribly wrong.

Dwarf Warrior/Rogue:

The dwarves of Thedas are known for their once-vast underground empire and guilds of merchants and warriors held in high esteem by the other races of Thedas. Not you. A cast-off "surfacer," unwelcome among the dwarves or most humans, you have scraped by as part of a criminal fraternity known as the Carta, smuggling magical ore known as lyrium. As part of the ruthless Cadash crime family, you spent your life on the streets of various Free Marcher city-states—until you were sent to the Chantry conclave as a spy and everything changed.

17. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

First Playthrough:

DAO:

A Dalish Rogue (2W), I tried to make him a Magnificient bastard, being mainly manipulative and with a kinda sick sense of humour. Basically me trying to make a Hero out of what I liked best in The Joker and Hans Landa. He despises people in general, and human in special. His main motivation to be a Warden is the power. A romance with Leliana and a friendship with Alistair softens him a bit, and hardens both of them.

1- Killed Zathrian because he lied to me and then I killed the werewolves (?).

2- Put Bhelen on throne because he promised more troops and support. Destroyed the Anvil because distrusted both Branka and the dwarved in general with it.

3- Abandoned the village, everyone dies, then makes Isolde kill Connor.

4- Helped the Circle since he didn't trust the Templars in battle, and Mages are much more useful anyway.

5- Promised to help the cultists, destroyed the ashes because fuck the Chantry, then killed them.

6- Killed the slavers because I hate slavery more than anything.

7- Won the support, let Alistair kill Loghain, and put him on the throne. Both because he is a friend and much easier to influence.

8- Made Alistair do the ritual and kill the Archdemon.

9- Recruited everyone except Wynne. Cut a deal with Flemmeth. Gave Sten his sword.

10- Asked for Dalish land and stayed as a chancellor.

DLCs:

Got Shale.

Let Avernus do his experiments.

Killed everything in Amgarrak.

Let Morrigan go but warned her. Better have someone watching Flemmeth. Let them kill themselves.

DA2:

A humorous female mage, who is just a swell gal that wants to lbe alone and have fun with Isabella. Max friends with Avelline and Varric. Max Rival with Anders and Isabella. The others aren't important. Except Merril that I maxed rival after Leandra's death.

Carver went to the Grey Wardens.

Wasn't very pro mage, but it was a clear side.

Sided with the Mages.

Fought the Arishokmfor Isabella. Made her not get the boat.

Did not let Anders kill the girl. Did not kill Merril's clan. Healed Bartrand and also told Anders to fuck off.

18. Pasta Sentient

Preload is officially available on the Xbone. Screw Microsoft and their bribes.

*Stares at PS4 screen*

19. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Doesn't the game release in the second half of November? Why would there be a preload so soon?

20. Pasta Sentient

Release date is the 18th in November. Not quite certain why it's so soon, but Xboners are preloading. They haven't even announced gold yet...

Someone mentioned the file size was 47 gigs on the Xbone. I think its 27 gigs on pc.