1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter crossovers you want to see

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Download, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

I want to see GOOD Naruto/HP crossover.
    The ones I've read tend to make wizards completely defenceless against ninja, or the complete overwrite of Harry's character because he was raised at Kohona.

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

A good Naruto/HP crossover is possible.

I could be pressured into writing an outline for one.

But it would probably have a sad ending.

3. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    1. I like Dragon Age. It has mages.

2. HP has wizards.

3. Mages=wizards. Sort of.

4. Put HP characters in Thedas.

5. ???

6. Profit. Or something.

4. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

5. Warburg

Warburg Seventh Year

Am I going to be frustrated by the fact that the story is only 30k long and the author hasn't updated in 3 months? Because let me tell you, I've had it with these crossovers that, while good, are so short that they feel like you only had the appetizer in a three-course meal before the chef quit?

6. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's in my favorites on FFn. I wish the author would update, but oh well.

7. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

A good Harry Potter/Percy Jackson would be nice. In theory, such a story would be awesome, provided it's executed right. The problem is they never are. 95% of them inevitably involve FemHarry/Percy, FemPercy/Harry, FemHarry is also FemPercy, and other such pieces of nonsense.

The closest thing to a good one is Prince of Death and its sequels, and even then it falls into far too many annoying Cliches, like Ron/Ginny Bashing, Harry befriending only cool and awesome people, most of Harry's friends being girls (which makes the fact the Authors say from the beginning it's going to be Harry/Thalia all the weirder), the Author(s) clearly being in the story as Self-Insert(s), Magical America is so infinitely better than Magical Britain, and Manipulative Bastard Dumbledore (and even then, they never really portrayed him as actually a bad guy while simultaneously having everyone royally hate on him for no real reason). There are also plenty of things that make no sense, like all the wizard demigods attending Hogwarts instead of the American school, or how absolutely no one figured out they were demigods. And it doesn't help that both Authors are teenage girls with Slasher tendencies. When I tried to get a response from the Authors, they only gave half-ass answers to some of the questions I had. The fact I stuck with it for so long is a testament to how it's the only "decent" HP/Percy Jackson Crossover attempt out there.

8. Wolfeinstein

Wolfeinstein Squib

I would like to see a good harry potter/chronicles of narnia crossover story.

9. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Wolfenstein. Welcome to DLP. Pleeeeease remove that signature before I remove your trachea with a salad fork.

10. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Yeah -- these types of fic are the only ones written, these days.

11. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

You know, I honestly think someone should take the time to study FanFics. They could probably find some interesting stuff on the teenage girl's mind, like what drives them to write all the various things they love so much.

12. capo327

capo327 Sixth Year

A HPxDead Like Me crossover would be fantastic. It would be cool to see him working as a reaper.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  13. XanatosGambit

XanatosGambit Squib

I've been on a Shadowrun Returns kick lately (Just purchased the Dead Man's switch and DragonFall directors cut as well as downloading numerous User generated content.) and I was thinking a fusion of the two verses. Maybe the world awakening to magic again earlier then the standard time in the sourcebooks and the Plot would partially deal with how Potterverse characters deal with the consequences such as Muggles all of the sudden developing magic and going under UEGE. Would like to fit in some kind of divergence within cannon, maybe having the Awakening occur during fifth book or even during the Second Wizarding War. Any thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  14. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not sure if it's come up in here yet, but Dresden Files/Hellblazer could be a good mix from what little I've read on John Constantine. Surprisingly zilch on FFN.

15. ihateseatbelts

ihateseatbelts Seventh Year

There was a thread on this a couple of years back, but I'd really like to see a HP/nWOD crossover. The system in Mage: The Awakening allows for a lot, but it'd be interesting to see how HP characters would be affected by the constraints of Paths, Orders, Legacies etc.

Unfortunately, I've only seen one or two Mage fics on FF (which weren't very good) and the sole crossover around was OC-centric, and abandoned at that.

16. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

I don't know much about nWoD, Buuut I love oWoD. A mage story could be awesome. What with Umbra, technocracy and like.

17. TacosRule

TacosRule Squib

Having recently completed a playthrough of Persona 4 Golden, I'd kind of like to see a good Harry Potter/Persona crossover. The section has like 10 'fics on fanfiction.net and they're all...uh...kinda shit. There's a fair bit of overlap what with the teenage characters going to school while investigating a mystery that adults are powerless to solve. Maybe a fusion 'fic - the Midnight Chamber opens beneath Hogwarts at 12 o'clock, or something like that?

18. Jackarall

Jackarall Guest

Something I'd personally love to see would be a HP/[Sci-fi Video Game] that isn't shit. Tried to find them before, looked at HP/Halo (all shit). Then HP/Mass Effect and everything was how Harry became a Dark Lord, took over the world then kicked the shit out of the aliens and became galactic emperor. Blue Magic (by Tellur, I think) is the only one I've seen that seemed pretty good, but Harry's just become another genius 11 year old teaming up with 11 year old Genius!Hermoine. What I'd really want to see, at least in the Mass Effect universe, is given the wizard lifespan, wizards maintaining the Statute, while possibly confined to Earth (magic=Earth, nowhere else?) until First Contact, then... something not shit? I don't know, but my first thought is always along the lines of Harry going into operation as a mercenary of some sort, or into intelligence (Shadow Broker?).
    Apologies if this is too 'plot bunny-like' to fit the thread.

19. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I was toying with a HP/Halo crossover at one point. The idea was that the HP time line was moved 500 years forwards and the Human/Covenant War was in full swing. Harry, before he got his Hogwarts letter, had dreams of joining the UNSC but once he got his letter he pushed that aside.

With his hero complex however, and the dangers found in Hogwarts he begins to reconsider his idea of joining the UNSC with the thought that he could save more lives that way. He then starts studying his muggle subjects in his spare time so he can take his 12th grade muggle exams. I was then thinking one of his pureblood friends joins in in studying when they discover that aliens are more of a threat that Voldemort.

Eventually, with Sirius' death, Harry leaves the magical world and enlists with [pureblood friend] and ends up in military intelligence. The plot would revolve around Dumbledore trying to convince Harry to come back and save them.

I never went anywhere with the story though.

20. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you're going to fuse HP and Halo, I'd advise against including the Voldemort plot to such an extent, at least in that fashion. I just can't see Harry ignoring Voldemort to fight the Covenant, even if he sees them as the greater threat. Voldemort killed his parents.

Also, if you put HP in ONI, then you're hamstringing him to working within muggle limits. Waving something like magic under their noses is just asking for trouble.

I would like to see HP and Halo put together though.