1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Batmafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Nov 26, 2014.

1. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Riley ():
    Snowvon ():
    Aekiel (1): Sloth
    Citrus ():
    Lyrium ():
    Sloth (2): Citrus, Zenzao
    TerRaine (3): Lyrium, AekielMathblade
    Qgqqqqq ():
    Rubicon ():
    Nemrut (1): His fluffiness
    Atum (1): Qgqqqqq

His fluffiness (3): Atum, TerRaine, Snowvon
    Quanksor (1): Rubicon
    Mathblade ():
    Zenzao (1): Quanksor
    Fishy Justice ():
    Kento Kraitos ():

Not Voting ( 4 ) Nemrut, Fishy Justice, Riley, Kento Kraitos

17 Alive, 9 to lynch

Mod notes:
    Deadline is almost one week away.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  2. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Ika you have lyrium twice. One as not voting one with a vote on me

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

What do you mean why? I rated Atum and Citrus as scummier than the others for respectively not particularly scumhunting (saying that based on meta, some people are dangerous is evident), and for that weird town block provided without any reasoning, and that included people I in no way saw as towny, such as Schrodinger and Quanksor.

Snowvon, i had marked as leaning town earlier in my QT based on general impressions, and i didn't particularly like Rubicon's repeated assertions that he is town, but they were mostly null reads for me when i wrote the post.

I like Lyrium so far, and i liked some of Aekiel's posts, so I rated them as townier.

Sorry for not answering earlier, but i was saying that everyone should read the rules thoroughly, not that town shouldn't read it any less carefully. I was saying that if anyone read the rules less carefully, they would be very slightly more likely be town, since villains have four roles whose interactions with others they have to pay attention to, and the Riddler needs to catch the subtlest tells, while each town member only has one role for which we need to particularly pay attention to the interaction with other roles.

In my QT, for some reason i had marked Snow as a light townread. Upon rereading the thread, I noticed very little content from him compared to the amount he was posting, and reclassified him accordingly.

---------- Post automerged at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Like i just told TerRaine, I had in my QT as slightly towny, and i copied that down for my post to the thread. Then when Rubicon asked me to look for posts I liked from you, I thought that you had actually not posted as much content as I thought you had had, so I changed my read on you.

---------- Post automerged at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Lyrium is a townread of mine, so is Aekiel, and Snowvon is not one of my townreads.

---------- Post automerged at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

There,Ii should be caught up on questions asked to me. Sorry for not being here yesterday.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Citrus, maybe Sloth.

What do you think of Quanksor?

---------- Post automerged at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Heh, that was tongue in cheek. I am town, but I don't expect you to take my word for it.

You've said Quanksor isn't a town read... do you mean he's a null read or do you find him suspicious?

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Quanksor is a scum read for me, and he is definitely one of the players I am currently most suspicious of.

6. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Unvote

/Gotham was a city of shadows, behind every smile lurked a heart of darkness

---------- Post automerged at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

1 serial killer
    4 scum
    12 town

hey MB, welcome to the game.
    TerRaine, there are some questions you haven't answered yet...
    Snowvon, hi there... how's it going?

7. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

The more Quank goes on the further he slips down my list Rubicon

Did he ever mention Clayface in this context at all before Citrus brought the role up?

He says "Well I didnt say it EVERY time"....did he say it ANY of them until he was called out?

This pings me as suspcisious. He's not voting Zenzao cause he thinks he's scum. He's pretty much saying he's voting Zenzao because Zenzao is voted him.

He then shifts in the same post to say he did it to test him.

Okay....and? What did you get from that test. His vote is still ON Zenzao so does he think he's scum?

Also avoids answering the alignment question.

---------- Post automerged at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Which ones? ^^

8. Lyrium

Here are some more questions:

1. What do you make of Sloth? Particularly what do you make of his rainbow changing from post #54 to post #212? How do you feel about his reads?
    2. What are your reads on Atum, Snowvon, Rubicon?
    3. Who is Quanksor aligned with?

9. Quanksor

Quanksor Muggle

As I have said before, the fact that I neglected to mention Clayface is only a scumtell if I believed that the thread could forget that role existed before massclaiming. Do you really think so poorly of me? :D

I think I have answered all the questions directed at me.
    Could you specify the one you think I missed?

10. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Could you give a brief summary of your thoughts about each player? Who are you suspecting and why? Who looks town to you and why? Etc.

11. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Sorry, haven't had much time lately, just one quick thing:

Firstly, like can recognise like. But no, I'm not a newb, I've played roughly 15 games, but on a different site/meta, so whilst I'm likely familiar with what the term is used to mean, that doesn't mean the same word is used where I come from.
    I still haven't got a response, btw, I still am not sure what it means.

12. Lyrium

Agent Q, a strange bird. For example, it doesn't read carefully and it isn't sure of the meaning of a word being used in an argument between two players but still comments.

I actually thought you were being sarcastic in your initial response Queeg especially after the excessive "fuck off" to a comment on how your play is strange because you keep responding\reacting to things that you haven't read carefully or I guess unclear on.

I think I used the word doubtcasting first so let me explain my definition of it:

Doubtcasting (according to the Dictionary of Lyrium): When a player purposefully and with malicious intent (as in scum manipulation) tries to cast doubt on the reads or words or playstyle of another player as a pre-emptive strike in case they have an ability that town may benefit from.

Example: T brings up a play by L wherein L pointed out scum interaction as if there was something wrong with it.

Vs. actual scum hunting for which the example would be: T read L's scum game and noted that L posts less frequently as scum and fence-sits a lot.

One is doubt casting a town tell or play and the other is scum hunting. Does that make things clearer at least on my perspective on this whole debacle?

Oh and P.S., what happens in the game stays in the game. AT least for me. So say what you need to say and I'll respond accordingly.

Snowvon, I guess you don't want to say hi. Sadness :( Well, then let's answer questions:
    1. I liked how your broke down my town meta (although why do you have 1-2 scummy sentences in all your fluff? like why?). Can you break down TerRaine's town meta? So far most of what she's doing has been similar to her last game, scum game.
    2. Can you order the newbies from scummiest to towniest? Just the new puppies with their bows all sparkly and shiny.

Oh and Rubicon the above goes for you to. I haven't played with a town TerRaine (except in Werewolf where I was killed N1) and in that game (was it your first game Ter?) she was quite different in playstyle.

Questions in #288 are for TerRaine, but anyone else may attemp to answer as well. Not on her behalf but on your own :)

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, I'm alive and going through the thread. Work has been screwing me over the past few days. Feel free to ask me questions as I get caught up.

14. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Didn't feel the need to make up something new that may or may not have fit the problem that was already found there. If I had discovered something else, I would have mentioned it. That's the good thing with people agreeing, right? If several people have the same problem, it means there might be something. If everyone has a different problem, well, that's much less clear.

Then again, you have his fluffiness and Qgqqqq both agreeing with your read on me and not adding anything to your analysis, so, would that make them suspect as well?

But yeah, I suck, I agree. Can't really blame you guys there. Should have participated more but this unexpectedly started in a rather busy time for me. Good thing the days are so long. Hopefully, there will be more from me.

1. No
    2. Probably Snowvon. His weird fluff posts stuck to me as artificial, as if he was trying too hard to appear quirky town. He might just be that but in these games, that sorta thing seems to be frowned on, so, if he still tried that, might be a reason. Town shouldn't have a reason as to try to appear as harmless as possible, whereas scum might. Admittedly, not the best play but it does strike me as weird. So, it's more his general behaviour than any explicit thing he said.

People I have on my townread-list so far, would be Lyrium and Sloth.

Lyrium, mostly because she keeps the discussion rolling with the questions. It's a move that definitely benefits town more than scum and is a good thing to get people talking, so that we can sniff out inconsistencies. Can't imagine scum making that play.

Sloth, mostly because he is behaving consistently like he did in the last game I was with in. Especially with his habit of suspecting me =P

Other scumreads would be His fluffiness, mainly due to him voting so far on me. Whereas Sloth and Qgqqqq offered explanations for their suspicion, and it did seem only to be suspicion on their parts, his fluffiness was ready to declare me scum because my posts "are bad" with no real explanation on what the badness really is.

This seems a bit suspicious, to be ready to bring a new bandwagon rolling. Maybe one of his scummates is already enjoying some scrutiny with the votes and he hopes to dump it on me? I am also the 4th person he voted for, the others being Quanksor (although that was also his first post), Schrodinger, Sloth and then me. Seems a bit jumpy and free with his voting habits, as if he doesn't care whom he votes for, as long as it isn't his scummates.

I admit though, that I am also biased here since he did vote on me, so, am not certain enough to vote on him. And I did post only a few times, so, it is understandable that he doesn't have an accurate read on me yet. So, keeping my eye open there.

So, for now,

VOTE: SNOWVON

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Woooo finally got through my Hell week

I'll read through and catch up sometime today

16. Lyrium

Nemrut has an aura of blue. He also mentions trains a lot (at least it felt that way in avatar). Probably not scum. Nemrut, based on your read on Snowvon who do you think he may be aligned with?

Citrus, why did it take so long for me to enter your town block? Also, why be obvious with the town block and not your scum spects?

While I have a thing for Harley Quinn the character (and it would have been fun to rp\play that role), of the people that I could be shipped with in the game or out of the game (re:tags) Lucky is not one of them. He's like a pet or a little brother or a bit of both in the form of a pokemon.

Finally, his fluffiness and Quanksor and Kentos Kraitos and Agent Q:
    - What do you make of MathBlade who replaced Schrodinger? What is something you notice about Schro's playing style and then MB'S?

Snowvon, my adorable Purple Bouncy, where you at?

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Worry not, Lyrium, I'll get to you soon. Today is just one of those "I put everything off for too long and now I have to deal with it all at once" days.

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Well, currently I like MB a lot more than I like Schrodinger, and I think that that her two posts have more content than all of his posts.

To me, Schro was avoiding giving his opinions, and fluffposting a lot, while telling people to cut him some slack for not being good at mafia.

However, MB has already provided opinions on all the other players, and has made some good points, along with others I disagree with. I'll wait for her to post so I can read her better, but I still like her better than Schro because she's actually posting opinions.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'll have to go through Werewolf again, and that's something I won't have time to do until tomorrow, probably.

Do you mean people who are playing for the very first time, or the first time on this forum specifically?

Nemrut, is there anything else besides fluff that you feel complete and total disdain towards me for? Because I do it every game. Every single game. It's about as alignment-indicative as breathing.

Unvote

for now. I'm liking fluffy's recent posts. I'll be back tomorrow-ish (depending on exams) for reads and votes and all sorts of fun stuff.

20. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Going out tonight...will try to answer tomorrow. If not Monday.