1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Philly Homer, May 3, 2009.

1. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

Or like with Marillion and Lysa, it'll be hand-waved in some fashion. Doesn't really matter in the end and since we haven't seen any of the Kettleblacks I doubt we'll see them now.

GoT - Bloopers

2. halfwaydecent

halfwaydecent Fourth Year

Yeah on the show they try to paint Cersei in a much more favorable light so having her sleep around probably won't be a part of the show.

Lol Cersei's Joffrey impression in the bloopers is incredible!

3. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So the Walk of Shame is definitely going to happen, despite some of the rumors of it getting cut.

[​IMG]

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

For some reason I can't stop being amused by the dude in the North Face vest just looking at his food like "What is this I'm eating?" with no fucks given to what else is going on around him.

6. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

Seven Hells, I hope they don't mess that scene up. If they turn it into just a chance to show Cersei's bewbs, I will be paying a visit to the House of Black and White with some payment and names.

BTW, does anyone think they're going to bring in the Myrish swamp?

7. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

The newest photos from the production are probably spoilers even for this thread. I would say they are not just skipping parts of 4th and 5th book, but 6th too.

8. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

And still not even a peep about more Greyjoys.
    Just saw some of the pictures and yeah, it looks like we might get some plot-fast-forward. I don't know how I feel about that.

SPOILERS!
    2 pics
    Gallery of stills from a set

/SPOILERS

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  9. Celestin

Got The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones. It's big, well designed, full of nice artwork and puts most of information about this world in one place adding new things.

10. Hal

Hal Professor

I especially loved our new Tully characters.

11. Celestin

A trailer for season 5.

And there is a confirmation that 6th book will no be published this year. Will they manage to get it out in the first months of 2016 or the TV show will spoil this one too (nothing can be done about doing it to the next one with season 7 in 2017)?

12. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So... no Aegon, and Varys is backing Daenerys?

It would definitely simplify things, which TV loves to do -- combine characters, etc.

But it's possible that Varys is playing Tyion and Aegon is still in the picture.

13. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Well we've not seen any footage of Aegon in the trailer, the Bolton's don't feature as far as I can tell bar their sigil yet they're in the released photo's.

Awaiting the anger over no Greyjoy's because again, nothing in the trailers yet or casting so far as I remember.

14. Celestin

I could simplify things, but the question is if Dany being his long game isn't contradicting some of his actions from earlier seasons.

If Aegon is in, he may be revealed at the end of the season, already in Westeros and conquering it. Since apparently there was no casting that would fit his role, it may just be mentioned by Varys in the finale with a quick scene presenting an invading army. But there will need to be a setup for this. If someone, probably in Dorne, starts mentioning Elia's children by their name, it would suggest that this is their plan.

Or Aegon is just a side plot in the overall structure of ASoIaF and he got cut out just like Arianne.

As for Greyjoys, I expect at least Euron to appear in the TV Show, but in the next season and with a proper announcement like other main characters got. And since he and his brothers are the last big characters to be possibly included from the published material, any other casting call this summer will be a potential spoiler.

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll do a filler prequel season before truly getting ahead of the books.

16. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

The fact that they cast a girl to play a young Cersei's makes this possible. Or at the least they'll have entire episodes dedicated to flashbacks.

17. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Greyjoys are not appearing this season. They've already announced this.

I can't see them not appearing in the series at all though, due to the horn. I'm assuming they will be introduced next season to go rescue Dany.

18. Atomicwalrus

Atomicwalrus Fourth Year

To be fair revealing Aegon in the trailer would be pretty shitty. You aren't meant to reveal twists like that in a preview.

19. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

So an early draft of the outline for Game of Thrones novel hit the internet. Obviously a lot has changed, but some of it might still be relevant. Spoilers.

Tyrion, Dany, Jon, Arya, and Bran were listed as surviving the series. Pairing was set to be Jon/Arya. Maybe this has changed but it shows he wouldn't be afraid to pair Jon with a relative.

edit: The original tweet by the publisher has now been deleted, but see page 1, page 2, page 3.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  20. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That was written in 1993, and holy shit, it's interesting to see how many things have changed from the original draft.

A love triangle between Jon, Arya, and Tyrion? I have a feeling the Stark children started out older in this draft. Jamie was the villain of the Lannisters, Cercei wasn't mentioned and neither was Stannis or Robert, and Dany killed her husband out of revenge for her brother.