1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Honestly, Azir works well with a lot of builds, and you just need to be flexible with what you build. There are some teams/mids you go against where there's is simply no need to get the hp from ROA, making Morello's a more attractive choice. On the other hand, going against someone like Ziggs or Xerath may make catalyst>ROA a more attractive choice.

Also, Azir has a REALLY strong early game. That is definitely not a problem for him.

If I go Rod of Ages, I tend to build a Twin Shadows too (pretty underrated item tbh). I've tried out Nashor's tooth, and while nice, it's really not necessary for Azir. I've found that it simply does not add as much damage to him as if he simply build more AP/Mpen. Like Phantom said though, stopping at the Stinger is really nice too.

General reminder though that "optimal" build in the pro scene and solo q are quite different.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I get one CD item (to cap). Morellos or NT. I'm aggressive, so I need the mana and health from RoA. That makes the regen on Morello not as great/ necessary.

So it's 50%AS vs 20AP for me. I chose the AS.

Sorc boots, roa, nt, rab, zh, vs final build.

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

TSM/CLG hype. Also excited by how well CST and GV look.

For future reference:

Renekton - tons of fun, lane bully, super cheesy.

Aatrox - can be strong but gets shit on by a lot of tops.

Fiora - Easy way to cheese in soloq, gets into a lot of trouble if they go AP/CC top.

Kha'zix - One of my favorite jungles. Yeah he's an assassin, but he's also a nice split pusher, and has great sustain. With recent jungle changes he's one of the last viable junglers left.

Lucian - Still one of the better ADC's, double shot is just so strong with crit.

4. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Cho Gath is the best jungler. I'm so happy that I can go back to playing my old season 2 favourite again, and being super strong on it.

5. apoc

apoc The Once and Ginger King DLP Supporter

I think you misspelled Sion somehow Peteks don't know how that could've happened.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Sion jungle? o_O

You must be pretty godly to be able to manoeuvre his ult through the jungle...

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, they did make it turn on a dime now. :p

Jokes aside, though, it actually is much more maneuverable now than when the new Sion released.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Something something fuck new Ahri (though she's got relatively huge nerfs in the pipeline)

9. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

You just run through river or down lane. Easy. o_O

10. apoc

Your ultimate is for bot lane ganks or for mid-game initiation in the tight quarters of the jungle where your opponents can't dodge.

11. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Real Talk: Thoughts on Darius. I'm not too worried about being kited, but how strong is he otherwise? I haven't seen him a lot (Which doesn't bother me, I do play Morde after all) but I feel like Darius is worth learning -since I have most other champions I feel are pretty well balanced- because I can take him top into some of my bad matchups as Morde (Riven, Wu Kong and Fiora specifically) and I feel like WK is really strong right now, but not well balanced.

12. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Lane bully that falls off super hard after early midgame if he doesn't snowball very hard. Struggles heavily against ranged and anyone with strong sustain. He's very good against other bruisers like Jax and Irelia who you want to shut down early. But honestly, renekton does a very similar job while being a less risky pick.

You won't lost the game by picking him but he's a midtier pick at best.

13. Wildfeather

High Score:
    To be honest I was looking at him more as a very threatening tank with extensive peel that can bully early. Would you say that's a bad assessment, or just a different one than most people play (more of a bruiser-bully trying to get to the enemy back line). Also I secretely love that he can fuck poppy up all game long.

14. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

The issue is that he has no natural tank stats so he needs tank items but his damage scales really badly without damage items. So he lacks threat if he's very tanky. Other champions peel better than him in teamfights so I wouldn't pick him for that. I think ideally you'd want to play him to win your lane and then try to snowball with early teamfights when you can still ruin the enemy back line with resets.

You probably can play him that way but he doesn't fulfill that role especially well and other champions do it much better.

15. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Alright you convinced me, I bought Zyra instead.

16. apoc

Darius is an absolutely stellar counterpick to many champions however. While I prefer Renekton when I need a lane bully, Darius offers less variation but counters a lot of champions extremely hard. An early kill with Darius will rapidly snowball into a sufferfest for the other laner, especially if you get an early triforce, for which the base speed increase makes him incredibly obnoxious. This leaves you very squishy but because Darius is a bruiser people are unlikely to focus you in fights, instead going after your carries until they realize how much damage you do.

17. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
  18. Gengar

High Score:
    That's fucking genius. I don't even play her and I'll buy it...

19. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I think this reddit comment sums up tonight's H2K vs SK game:

20. Gengar

High Score:
    In retrospect, I kinda wished I liked the concussive song more.

Or even better, if you could use your own music ;)

---------- Post automerged at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Watching the H2KSK game now. Why are people still building AS on Zed? I figured his AS changes would have forced people to focus damage items and play him like an AD mage/assasin?

Not open for further replies.