1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I've got to admit, that's a pretty awesome skin. I mean, not that I would buy it, but who knows? You can even get Ultimates from Mystery Skins, after all, if I remember right...

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Because Bork active will always be broken on Zed.

3. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I got Spirit Guard Udyr from a mystery. Was a good day.
    I'm just wondering if DJ Sona will be on sale day one or not.

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    BY FAR

(6-0, to be exact)

5. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Nemesis would probably be fine if you could veto that one retard on your team's selection that flies in the face of the comp you built for the other team--and actually provides the thing they need to succeed. But what do you expect from a simpleton with poor comprehension skills.

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Always ends up battle of supports for me.

Except this one time some retard picked Yorrick for them because, I quote, 'No one is good at him. No one'.

Naturally he proceeded to go 25/3/8

7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Thoughts on the Mordekaiser changes?

8. Radmar

Radmar Disappeared

Is it possible to dodge some spells with kata using w(Sinister Steel)? I am asking because I've seen kata use Sinister Steel to apparently dodge some Zed's spell in this video (it happens during fifth second). I tried to do it too, but failed.

9. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Are you talking about Zed's E? That definitely hits her, you can see she gets slowed. It just did like no damage because the Zed looks to be very far behind and Kat already has the armor from Zhonya's.

10. Radmar

Radmar Disappeared

Oh. Thank you.

11. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Probably going to be the worst implemented and most character killing rework for the community that favors him since Cassiopeia.

As it is, if they went through with the changes they posted, Mordekaiser is dead to me.

12. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They really screwed him over, yeah. Taking burst away from a champ who has no cc and no mobility, that's basically a death sentence. Especially when it's replaced with pretty weak shield mechanics.

13. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

What do you mean no mobility? He now gets to run slightly faster at one ally champ! Truly, his movement will know no bounds.

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Or minion behind the target!(the more likely usage, due to laning)

15. Gengar

High Score:
    I don't understand why they'd nerf/ change him. Was he even seeing high level play?

16. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I'm guessing they are making him tankier and thus want to nerf damage to avoid "burst." Pretty stupid regardless, since he's hardly bursty without DFG unless their squishy is dumb enough to let you Q them.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    If they're removing his burst they need to give him a CC, otherwise what role does he serve?

He has no engage.

18. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    They're (trying) to make his tankiness scale better, while reducing his damage (and his incentive to build damage) at all timings of the game. Obviously, as the board's most vocal player of Mordekaiser i'm doing figurative tons of math to see just how badly these things are going to play out.

What i've done first is lay out a probable build, and some general ideas for you to toss around as if Mordekaiser had never existed in any other state before. This is to allow people to see how much power he has now, as opposed to how much he was throwing around before.

The build (items)

Will of the Ancients: +80 AP, 10% CDR, +20 Spell Vamp
    Liandri's Torment:+15 Magic Penetration, +50 AP, +300 HP, Burn passive
    Rylai's Crystal Scepter: +100 AP, +400 HP, Slow (15/35%)
    Sorcerer's Shoes: +15 Magic Penetration, +45 MS
    +2 Items of Choice (Void Staff, Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, etc.)

Additional Stats: +230 AP, +700 HP, +30 Mpen, +10% CDR, +45 MS
    Total Stats(@18 w/ items): 2715 HP, 230 AP, 30 Mpen, 10% CDR, +45 MS

So just to toss some numbers out for easy reference:

1. 4% (hitting any target with an unisolated Q or an E) is +108.6 shield
    2. 8% (isolated Q) is +217.2 shield
    3. 1% (hitting 1 target with W) is 27.15 shield per second
    4. 2% (hitting 1 target with 2 W's, or an R ghost is out) is 54.3 shield a second
    5. Maximum shield is 630.
    6. Generation on a minion is reduced by 30% (.3)

So just to before/after damage and shield:

Pre/Post Q on an Isolated Champion (shield generated):
    481 Damage (168)/ 379 Damage (217.2 shield)

*Note: The amount of damage (and shield) pre 5.4 would actually be lower because it is reduced by the enemies magic resistance

So just looking at an isolated Q, it looks like the rework is working as intended. More reliable shield, and less damage overall just as planned. However, there is a catch.

On multiple targets you lose significantly more shield.

On a 1 champion 3 minion E (a typical harass pattern)

Pre/ Post E damage on 1 champion and 3 minions:
    1552 Damage (543 shield)/ 1460 damage (206.34 shield)

*Note: In this case, minions have no resistances to this build (~30 mpen), so while the shield would be mitigated to some degree (on one target), getting an E on 3 targets is 1164 damage (or 407 shield). Just to expand that point, the shield generated from E'ing just 3 minions before the changes is almost TWICE the total shield generated by hitting 3 minions and a champion after the changes.

At lower levels these issues become even worse. You basically HAVE to take E at level 1, since the other methods of generating shield and pushing the wave are more unreliable and unsafe (that being said, if you were a god you could get 864 damage out of a 6 second 6 minion W).

At level 1 you have a base health of 555. 4% of your base health (hitting a champion) is 22. Hitting a minion will give you ~6.66 shield per minion hit, so in an ideal world you could get 41.98 shield for a standard harass combo after the changes. Before them you would gain 98 shield.

I could belabor the point more, but I think the evidence speaks for itself. The only way these changes will come out ahead is if you remove any kind of priority to building damage, and go straight tank (building health+resistance items) but i'm not really sure that's a viable option. As pointed out many times in the past, the part of Mordekaiser that makes him strong is his combination of damage and tankiness. If you have no damage, but are much more tanky, why would anyone feel the need to kill you?

My conclusion: I'm hard pressed to see any way that these changes make him tankier (in terms of having more shield) except that it no longer decays, and it is not longer effected by your opponent's resistances. It may open more viable build paths for him, but probably only ones that are less engaging than currently.

If for some reason you got to 4,000 health (+~2100 health from base stats) a 4 champion E or Q is worth your full shield, and an isolated Q is worth half of your shield. Your W is generating 40 shield a second per target you are near, with a max of 10 targets (5 each) for 400 shield a second. A more likely scenario is 2 targets with 2 shields, so 160 shield a second. Is this tankier? Yes, but you're probably generating TOO much shield at that point. At base health (~2000 hp) you're still getting half of your shield out of your E/Q if it hits 4 champions, and 80 shield a second for hitting 2 targets with your W (or you and your shield buddy are hitting 1 target each).

This also relies on you hitting only champions, otherwise you will ALWAYS generate less than pre-5.4.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  19. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Today's CLG vs TSM game is going to be amazing.

Let's go CLG!

20. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I'm so excited. Bring on the pink Greek.

Not open for further replies.