1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I thought you meant high like skilled, not high like often. My bad.

I like to see more counter play for champions than having them just get numerically stronger. I don't know a lot of lane bullies that don't have any kill pressure pre-6 beside Morde even with ignite, so changing around some of his power is something i'm interested in doing while increasing his counter play. Maybe i'm just in the wrong game, but i'm given to understand that's how buffing works in DOTA (and theoretically in league). So if his R had some power taken away (or moved around, maybe over 4 seconds the damage is dealt instead of over 10+ half up front) they could do something about the invisible power on his W.

Not sure what you're talking about each discussion being an attack on him. I posted one time using a rational method to show the changes were a straight nerf, and the next time to show I didn't personally like the changes but they were good. Some hyperbole is almost inevitable in a discussion I think, but I like to think I always rely on the data than an emotional response to something (or when it is an emotional response I point that out).

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Yeah counterplay balancing always works out. Veigar and Kass can tell you all about it.

:/

3. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RIP Kassadin. It's time to play him as AD like I did while leveling. Manamura essence reaver is go!

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    AP static shiv hype.

Not sure how that's less broken than DFG, lol. Not complaining though.

5. Rynonis

Rynonis Slug Club Member

The Veigar changed pissed me off. No one played him anyway. I used to bring him out as a cheese pick but now he is useless.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    You guys think Akali and Kass have a rework imminent?

7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    For values of 'rework' reaching anywhere between 'nerf' and 'nerf some more'?

8. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Nah, he was actually being played a lot as support cause of that OP stun. Not anymore though :p Honestly, he got quite a bit stronger with the Q changes, though that's counterbalanced by the E nerf.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    They can only nerf so much until one of them realises, 'you know what? Maybe something's just broken here'.

I wouldn't be shocked if Akali's ult became a SS for example.

10. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I played him to reasonable win rates as a Tanky-Veigar. 4:1 in season 3, and 11:7(Akali was being banned a lot when I was playing near the end of the season...) in season 4.

While the E delay is unfortunate(and ult scaling to a much lesser degree), the lowered CDs on W and E are handy since I have max cdr, and the enhanced Q farming of the new Q works really well since I have less total AP.

Hell, the first game I played with the new Veigar, I managed roughly 400 Q-based AP, ending up just shy of 1k AP with only Deathcap, Abyssal, Rylai's and Sorc Elixir for AP items(no AP from Runes/Masteries, but I suppose we had the pre-5 dragon buff to AP). The math checks out.
    Absolutely destroyed the 'normal' Veigar opponent in that game since his full combo didn't kill me at around 3.5k HP and 150+ mres.

I don't usually build Rylai's, but I couldn't get DFG, so I figured I would go for something that had high AP, some tank and utility. Void Staff would probably have been more useful, but meh.

Even a more close game still ended with almost 300 AP from Q(only 6 kills).

I'm biased as a Tanky-Veigar player, but I actually like the new changes almost entirely because of the Q change. For what it's worth, I almost never use W on creep waves, unless it's to push or counter push. Frozen Heart and Warmog's let me ignore the minion damage while waiting on Q CD anyway.

-----

As for Akali, while my KDA is .4 lower than season 3, it's still .2 higher than season 4. Although season 4, and especially 5, are certainly smaller sample sizes than 3.
    Losing the Q-E proc was painful, and set back the damage chain from roughly 1~1.5 seconds to 2~2.5 seconds, and more importantly gave enemies a significantly higher chance to use escape moves(which actually is a greater source of damage loss by far). It took some getting used to but still, my average kills have actually remained almost the same compared to last season(even slightly higher than season 3, but that's mostly a matter of further experience).
    I fully admit that some of this has been due to people thinking that the new Akali is 'worse than Urgot now', and other such things, and thus underestimating her.

The greater loss, personally from season 3 to now(since I didn't play for most of season 4...) was the W Shroud changing from 10~50 Armor/Mres to 20~100% move speed. My death average has gone from 3.7 in season 3 to 5.0 in season 4 and 4.8 in season 5. KDA offset a bit by slightly higher kill and assist scores, but overall lower than season 3.

Honestly, I would semi-gladly take a skillshot ult if they either made E proc Q again, or slightly shifted back some of Qs damage to the primary throw. I pretty much almost never bothered to help junglers with blue buff pre-new-jungle since my Q did less than 40 damage on impact, and the short range would often have me miss a minion by the time I got back to lane. I suppose a reversion of the range loss would likely happen, but I don't really care about that.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    So, the new AP item (basically a 120ap, 8%ms static shiv equiv) gets stacks with akali ulti atm. Really nice.

12. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, why wouldn't it? Shiv gains stacks from movement abilities(including Akali ult, if one chose to make it...).

13. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Rylais might actually be a pretty good item on Veigar now that his Q is a skillshot too.

14. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

15. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Good synergy with my build, too... Might build it next time I do Tanky Veigar. Played two matches last night as Veigar, but I only got to five items(Merc Treads, Frozen Heart, Warmog's, Abyssal and Deathcap) both times, so I didn't have to make my choice for sixth item.

16. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    It's confirmed, Eu Dlpers are better than Na at League.

Rip freedom.

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Did you want to 1v1 me again Lucky?

And lose.

Again.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Ugh, the 1v1ers coming out strong...

19. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Got Kass in an ARAM today, first time I've played him since the nerf. I can't tell if they touched the numbers on the actual damage of his ult but it really does feel like peanuts compared to previously.

Even If I got the jump on Vayne with 3~ stacks & did my full combo with a Dcap I still only did like 65% of her health before she could get away.

Definitely well & truly gutted though. It's sad that this is the way he had to get nerfed though till Riot gets their ass in gear & completes the full rework on him, the way they've been balacing for a long time hasn't sat well & if things like this continue to happen then I feel like it can only get worse.

We've got multiple champions basically just benched/nerfed into oblivion because Riot refuses to deal with them or just wants to put them on the back-burner. That said I can't think of anything glaringly OP currently, but again I haven't really done much but ARAM & watch the LCS/LCK since season 5 started.

20. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Not open for further replies.