1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Bungle in the Jungle: A Harry Potter Adventure by jbern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Apr 13, 2006.

1. mjc

mjc Seventh Year

After that 'punch line' I'd like to see someone compare Crabbe and Goyle to a troll in Harry's presence...and watch him dissolve into a laughing puddle of goo.

I nearly gave my monitor a tea bath with that line...it is the best.

Funny how Harry has this knack for getting along better with nonhumans than with humans, isn't it?

2. Duke

Duke DA Member

Awesome story. It is definately my current favorite. Possibly a favorite of all time, though its got some pretty stiff competition for that title. First story I saw that carried of the second person....though that may be 'cause I haven't been looking in the right places. Ah well, it's still bloody awesome. More so because it is occasionaly bloody =]. The fact that its hilarious while being serious puts it in a class of its own. The fact that I'm rereading it for the....6th? time, probably puts me in a class of my own too, one that gets a discount on wall padding.

3. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

another great chapter jbern, love the way this story is heading and very much looking forward to more. keep up the good work.

4. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I have no qualms about saying (again) that this is what is keeping firmly rooted in the fandom right now. Nice work Jim. If I were gay, or a woman, I would appear in your bedroom to ravage your writing skills in hopes of picking your brain.

But alas, I'm not gay, or a woman, so I'll have to make do with some more shameless plugs.

~o(-_O)~~~o >(;0_o)>

5. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Thanks Lutris. A bit creepy, but thanks. :)

I've had some great feedback from this chapter. Several reports of choking on food/drink and the snorting of beverage both up and out the nostrils.

So needless to say I am pleased with my efforts.

Jim

6. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Just curious, but I don't remember any Canon Animagus eating another animal.

So your chapter on harry eating a goblin brought the thought up; say Harry in his animal form eats a large hunk of troll and then transforms back into human which then causes him to be knocked out for days when he can't regurgitate it.

Would he suffer any side effects from having a piece of raw troll in his stomach?

7. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Yeah they never mention it, though I believe that Sirius ate rats to stay alive in his dog form. It can be assumed the magic of the transformation would protect the animagus from internal damage, like Minerva eating something big and transforming into her cat form and back out.

Hope that makes sense. Harry's going to have a talk with Thundercloud that might help. Otherwise Harry might end up in treatment for "Eating Disorders".

He needs to come to grips with coming back to his form with a full tummy of nice raw meat.

Goblin - "The other white meat" or "Yes, it does taste just like chicken"!

Jim

8. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Another brilliant chapter, i liked how no-one is invincible, even the pros got hurt or had a bit of trouble, loving the runes, keep it up

9. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I would think that what ever is in your stomach when you transform would disappear. Like your clothes and stuff do when you turn animal. Then again, McGonnagle's and Skeeter's glasses become part of their forms, so maybe those things are still there.

I wonder if McGonnagle would still have the markings if she took her glasses off before transforming? Or if she could still see as a cat?

10. Duke

Duke DA Member

A bit out of sync, but you know, that infravision charm Thundercloud taught Harry.....it can probably see through invisibility cloaks. After all I doubt the cloaks were desinged to conceal heat signatures.

11. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Chapter 14 is up

We are getting ever closer to the events of chapter 1. Hope you enjoy the Kwan school of rapid wizarding advancement?

Duke - The charm would work, but only at night. Daylight would really mess you up.

Jim

And now for your comments...

12. gadriam

gadriam Second Year

I for one can't help getting a bit philosophical about that goblingirl. Did he kill a goblin Jeanne d'Arc? Did you make him do it just to make him kill a female?
    Equal opportunities, anyone?
    The concept of Troll friendship gives me a warm little glow. The Incredible Hack is a great guy. Not Thinker Of The Year, but he's a right Hardcore
    Hufflepuff.

Harry, playing the B-team. Gotta love it. The smallest troll, the dumbest goblins and the Cursebreaker kid. The Karina-situation can't be fixed this easily. Then again, i've never actually seen him pay himself out of a jam in a fanfic. I'd love a greater focus on other things, training, learning the Kitty Ways and of course Luna, since i love to read her letters. I missed that.
    Great chapter, by all accounts. It really makes me look forward to the lovesick tiger of next chapter. Keep up the good work.
    g

13. Naga's Shadow

Naga's Shadow Seventh Year

Great chapter. I especially loved the magic bullet theory. And whatever Bill's flying boulder of pwning turns out to be should be cool.

14. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

That was a great chapter. It was full of all the things I've come to love from this story. Hack is really developing as a character (which is surprising from a troll), we get more of Kwan's School of Magic for Stupid Dead Cookies, and some cool cursebreaker stuff.

I'm glad they're going to be able to ditch Karina now that they've got the money. She was starting to get more manipulative than Dumbledore for a minute there. Give her the money, screw her goodbye, and thank God it didn't get really messy.

15. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

"Not much of day one left!”

Heheheheheh

16. Wisdom's Mountain

Wisdom's Mountain Sixth Year

I think the character development, especially in these recent chapters, are excellent. How many other stories are out there characterizing a troll, a sadistic Korean guy, an AK-47 wielding Texan and a half Troll, half Mexican cursebreaker?

Originality rules.

17. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Great job, Jim. This chapter was awesome! Good action, great characterization, and even better writing. No complaints from me, just keep on doing what you're doing and update soon.

18. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I believe you mean male.

I think I saw one other typo in there but thats it.

I'm glad to see the goblins fighting better and in there natural form, but still would have liked to see some cave fighting, but I'm sure we will see some latter when we get to chapter one time.

I know you wont get to the third day cause you arent allowed to kill Harry.

19. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Thansk for all the feedback. I am glad that the story is still up to people's standards. Hack has joined the cast for the duration.

Unfortunately, Harry was stuck with the JV squad for this battle. What is it frontline troops say about rear echelon troops.

I am pleased by everyone commenting about my characterization. It is a high compliment considering that you never get outside of Harry's mind.

I had to throw the magic bullet theory in there. In one draft there was a couple more lines to Collins' response where he said that he had been in New Salem at the time and after the assaination they had been sent home for 2 weeks mysteriously. It ended up on the cutting room floor. IP82 and the others voted it down. It was actually too much information and better left with only a hint and inuendo.

Next chapter the train wreck finally arrives as the Karina story arc comes to a conclusion. Well they have some gold now, so he should just be able to hand her a sack of galleons and problem solved - right?

It never is that simple is it?

Jim

20. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

In your responce to my review you said something about the absobtion of special talents ie parcelmouth vella charm ect if a person was bound and killed to the braclet. Does that mean it can carry multi peoples talents or just one at a time. I can imagin Voldemort getting it and capturing every unique talent out there.