1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Is there a reason why you forgo Rod of Ages? I feel like it'd be as perfect as you can get for tanky veigar.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    YOU SHUT UP

3. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, Frozen Heart is for Armor/Mana/CDR, Abyssal is for Mres/MPen/bit of AP, Warmog's is for raw HP/Sustain, Merc Treads are for Tenacity/Mres, Deathcap is for Raw AP/AP scalability. Last item Rylai's or Void Staff would be for Raw AP/HP/Utility or %Mpen/bit of AP, respectively. Rod of Ages wouldn't be bad, really, but would only really be chosen for the raw Mana on top of Frozen Heart, with even more HP than Rylai's as well.

Now, I do freely admit that without blue buff, mana can run out fairly easily during extended engagements(blue buff aside), so that's not a bad idea, but otherwise RoA is less damage than Rylai's and definitely less than Void Staff, while also trading Rylai's utility for RoA's Mana and higher HP.

I'll try it, but I'm not sure I'll like it. If nothing else, than because I prefer getting specific items early depending on the opponent, and that would delay the RoA.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've seen Night blue raving about Fizz. Did something change or just the meta ebb and flow.

5. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Surprised she didn't come to mind, I guess I kind of forgot about about her after they nerfed her spears to be a shadow of what they were. Still pretty darned effective though.

Fizz is... well, from what I've seen from Voyboy and a couple of others basically a bruiser same as any other apart from the damage amplification with his ult, his god damned troll-pole and I guess his W? There must be something else to him but I've not seen him used too much jungle wise, just more as a top-lane on-hit bruiser with stuff like a BorK into tanky and doing surprisingly well with it.

As I say that, all the previous 10 (current) Fizz games on Probuilds have him being played in the jungle - with the red dueling jungle item & Blade for damage followed by going tanky as hell, throw in a Triforce here & there for the stat party. Not sure how it works but hey, apparently it does.

6. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Yeah, if you get it later, there's no point anymore. ROA has good stats for sure, but the main benefit comes from having Catalyst (which is OP in lane). That it transitions into a good item doesn't hurt too. Greater sustain generally just means more Q farm, better trades, etc.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    Want to have fun with Fizz jg? Go devourer, Tri, Botrk and Wits End ( last one there is a lil overkill). You shred everything.

8. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Re: Nidalee: I always have and always will hate any combination of poke, sustain, and assassinate/mobility. Nidalee has all four on a short cool down, it's not surprising she sees play, it is surprising that Riot is okay with the counterplay for her boiling down to "stay out of the jungle and Dodge Spears" since once she marks you, she has a 900 range gap closer and an auto attack reset execute...

Fizz bruiser works because he is slippery and he has an on active percent health execute for 5 seconds on demand. So if he makes a bad engage, he can q E away, and if he makes a good one, he can kill someoneand then troll pole around to dodge some of the backlash.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Oh wtf, just realized the cost of RP in Oceania is going up... I thought it was a bit pricey to begin with...

10. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

I've relocated my main account to EU West. Summoner name currently Peteks Supreme, until Riot get back at me and allows me to change it to another one, as the transfer somehow automatically changed my name.

But anyway, if anyone wants to add me, feel free, my friend list is quite barren at the moment due to leaving the server where I've resided since the server split.

11. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Add jjb! And I'll add you to the EUW DLP Ranked 5's team. :D

12. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

I have a new love. His name is Heimerdinger.

Seriously. This guy. This friggin' guy. I've always been vaguely interested in turret and minion champs, but the only one that clicked with me was Azir (who feels more like playing an ADC to me.)

Then I noticed he did almost as much damage as a full LeBlanc combo with his E>R+W combo. Then I realised that I could do the equivalent of set up an Azir turret anywhere on the map by dropping three mini ones.

The damage is just insane. Then you get into the hilarious tactics you get to pull. Like say 1v2ing your lane and the jungle with turrets and Zhonya's. Too damn funny.

13. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

It's even more hilarious when he does the ult + zhonyas combo too early, and everyone just takes a few steps back, waits for two seconds and then destroys him. And then you laugh as his mega turret disintegrates. (This might be the sign of a bad Heimerdinger, I don't know how hard it is to time.)

Has anyone seen the Kassadin PBE changes? 2 seconds cooldown riftwalk at max rank (not including cdr...), added 50 range, lowered mana cost. I don't know if it'll be like pre-nerf Kass, but the 2 second cooldown just seems like way too little. If anyone's had the chance to play him on PBE, I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts.

14. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

The timing between getting jumped on/dropping your turrets/not dying/zhonyas can be a very fine one when playing against good opponents.

15. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

It's not as fine of a line as you may think. People that dives in to try and kill Heimerdinger is where he excels the most in. (Though, if they don't, his E+W combo is pretty lethal too).

Honestly, I see Heimerdingers always putting down their ult turrets, when that is not really that great to be using the ult on. The best time (really only time) it should be used on is if enemy team is doing some heavy engages onto your team. Otherwise, his R+W or R+E is much more game changing.

16. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

That first game. Are there any words for it?

17. Swirly Mango

Swirly Mango Seventh Year

Yes. Desperation. Seriously, could C9 have played that any worse? It was like watching a solo-Q game where one team have gone 2-2 in their promos to get into challenger.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Am I the only one really sick or Corki? He just seems to be picked in every game and is boring as fuck to watch.

At least to me. I dunno.

19. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

C9 has been scrimming GE all week.

Instead of their normal style of play, they specifically try to cheese against them, and try all out aggro plays that, if they worked, woulda been huge.

Chances are they scrimmed their usual play style, got shanked hardcore, and decided that they might as well try something else if their normal play doesnt work.

Got no excuses for them losing to Flash Wolves, though.

At least TSM wonned.

20. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

[​IMG]

TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM

Not open for further replies.