1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bloodborne PS4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Has anyone tried Chalice dungeons? I've not even looked at them yet..

2. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

The chalice dungeons are pretty cool though their scaling for difficulty is a bit weird to figure out. The further down you go the stronger everything gets and the more enemy varieties. I've only beaten two floors so far but the extra bosses seem hit and miss. Apparently its the end-game challenge after you beat the main game so difficulty could be a bit insane.

Apparently there is a weapon hidden in the dungeons somewhere so I'm tempted to poke around for that.

Also, BSB just go in with fire paper, a few oil pots and be careful. avoid his pounce because I'm pretty sure its an insta-kill move (or I just have low health). His right hand swipe is easily dodgeable to the point where you can just walk under it (I do this because I suck at timing the parry). Stick to him like glue and you should be fine since everything he will try to hit you with is a frontal attack. Beat him and the next boss will be easy since its basically a slower version of it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  3. Gengar

High Score:
    Definitely counter the right swipes. Dodging is giving up free damage! Lol

4. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've done a few Chalices. Basically, you have set chalices pre-made by the devs, and completing those gives you the next chalice and a root version of the same chalice. Root chalices are the random, procedurally generated ones.

The hardest chalice dungeons give you negative mods, like the Pthumeru (or something like that) hardest chalice makes you go in with 50% max hp. There are unique bosses, one (?) unique armor set and every weapon actually has three versions with different glood gem sockets, you find the other two versions in chalice dungeons. You also get crap like blood gems and stuffs.

The early ones are a little sparse and easy, the late ones are harder than the main game. It should be awesome, but it feels kinda meh to me >_>

5. Gengar

High Score:
    You might need to loot from there to NG+. I'm hearing it's suuuuuper tough.

6. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Just saw a video of someone fighting a boss called
    Beast-possessed Soul and it looks exactly like an enemy I fought at the bottom of the Healing Ward Workshop. Did I miss this boss somewhere or have I just not gotten to it yet? For reference, I'm in the Unseen Village fighting the One Reborn.

7. Clerith

High Score:
    Chalice Dungeon boss.

8. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

So, managed to smoke Father Gascoigne last night on my first try since the last time I played. And yeah, that Cathedral guard with the ball and chain is a prick.

On a completely unrelated note, I went over 15 Insight for the first time today. I'm half tempted to stay over that number just for the challenge alone.

9. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So I got this game three days ago and have been playing it in bits and pieces since.
    First Fromsoft game, so I died a lot (15 times, I think, so far. Probably more.)
    And I finally got to the Great Bridge today in Central Yharnam, and after taking care of those werewolves/black dog-ish things, I decided to explore.
    Suddenly a Latin Choir starts playing and I damn near shit my pants when the Cleric Beast showed up.
    Still won, though.

tl;dr I accidentally a Cleric Beast.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  10. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

So the witch of Hemwick is pretty much like playing a retarded game of whack-a-mole with constantly summoned adds. I haven't had a boss fight that easy since... I honestly don't know when a fromsoft fight has been that easy.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Fuck. I messed up my one playthrough Plat. Fuck.

There are several missable trophies in this game that I somehow miraculously accidentally didn't miss, except for the ending ones.

Don't eat 3 Umbilacle cords until you're ready to get all 3 ending trophies. One requires you not to have eaten 3...

Now I either have to reroll and beat the game again (ugh), or beat it on the supposedly miraculously difficult NG+ (URK)

If you care about trophies, I'd very much recommend consulting a guide so you don't miss any.

Or don't. But I have other games to play :(

12. Clerith

High Score:
    Hugs, I keep hearing about people beating NG+ in a few hours. Most people seem to say that it's easier than NG, except the later bosses. And the game has so much optional content, you can just blitz through the main ones.
    Father G -> Vicar -> Shadows -> Rom -> Reborn -> Micolash -> Nurse.

If you just run past all the enemies and only kill the required bosses, it shouldn't take you very long, since you're already familiar where you need to go, how to take the fastest route there, and how to beat the bosses.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm reluctant to believe what people say regarding its difficulty tbh. Hard to say if they duped or not.

I'm gonna be doing it regardless. At least I know which ones will suck.

Edit: Beat it.

I got 2 of the 3 endings according to the trophies anyway. The first and third.

Dat thirdv ending though... o_O

This is def a 10/10 for me - it def helps that I have an SSD, making for far more bearable load times. I like it a lot more than its spiritual predecessors. I was never a huge fan of the weapons or shower paced gameplay in them. I loved the quick stepping around enemies. And the cane...

And the burial blade, holy christ that wep...

you can only get it in NG+, or other versions of it in Chalice Dungeons earlier

The music and sound design in this game too are horrifying and thrilling in the best way. If you don't get what I mean, turn the sound down when you're feeling stressed, feel the difference...

I adored it. Will keep playing. At least until plat :)

14. Clerith

High Score:
    Beat it myself aswell. I think this is a 9/10 game. Different from Souls. Some stuff I liked, some I didn't.

I've been wanting to reroll for a while, and I'm definitely going for the platinum as well, but I'm not sure how successful the pvp component will be. If I could get matches faster, and some of the ridiculous stuff got patched... maybe.

I ended up getting all three endings too, lol. Couldn't resist, had to get the lore. Yeah, the "hidden" ending was lulzy af ;D

How long did it take you? My as close to 100% as I could get playthrough took 37 hours, though I only did two chalice dungeons and like two hours of pvp.

Oh, and what were the toughest bosses for you?

For me, Martyr Logarius, Ebrietas and Gehrman were the three that took me a handful of tries.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  15. Gengar

High Score:
    I grind a lot while listening to podcasts, lol. Finished in 52h.

There are no pvp related trophies, unless you mean chalice dungeons (I'm doing those trophies now). I've played the whole game offline, fuck those annoying notes :/ (though someone told me if someone approves your note, no matter where you are, you're instantly healed to full, lol).

My toughest bosses?

Ebrietas was tough, yeah. Rom was hard for me. After teleporting, he kept aoe blasting non stop, so I couldn't get close. Then his babies dive bomb me to death.

BSB took a while. I knew how to do it, execution was key

Paal was hard too until I realised I could 'turn him off', lol.

Honestly, Blade of Mercy does so much damage so quickly, most fights just boiled down to finding that window and unloading.

I'm using BB a lot now, which has more 'dmg' but it's slower. It's brilliant for groups of weak enemies.

I might fuck around with the Victorian Gunblade too, lol. It's a rapier Gunblade. Win/win.

16. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Hey Hugs, how long are your load times for deaths and teleports to a level? My PS4 has a normal HDD and I'm considering investing in an SSD. I'd like to confirm whether or not the difference is worth a purchase.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Worth it for one game? Fuck no, not with how expensive they are. I also have enough disposable income where I can make stupid purchases - like a SSD that cost more than my console :/

I do notice quick load-times and installs across the board though, especially in BB. Loading into Yarnham was 24 seconds the one time I timed it. It differs depending on zones though.

I don't regret buying it, but it depends on the user I guess. If you're fine with a 250gb SSD for example, and accept having to constantly delete games off your drive, go for it. I wasn't though, so I bought a 1TB one (and haven't had to uninstall for space yet). I also made the purchase knowing I wanted a 1TB HD first, then said fuck it and bought the SSD while shopping.

BTW, that's not a joke, the 1TB SSD cost more than my PS4...

It's hard to judge its worth though. Bloodborne is the first time I could actually look at results of non-SSD and chuckle, because the load times are so long and people are complaining about them so much.

Friends have come over and claim they notice the difference, but I've not done any proper comparison. The guys over at digitalfoundry do the in depth comparison tests, but my load times were faster than theirs for BB, so it might depend on the specific hard drives too.

tl;dr: If you can stomach the huge investment, go for it. It will speed things up across the board. Whether it's enough is up to you.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  18. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Thanks for the info. I think I'll wait till SSD prices drop and I have more disposable income. Still, these load times are killing me. It takes around 30-40 seconds for the game to load after a death or teleport. It's making it real hard to actually enjoy the game. Honestly, after a while I just got so tied of waiting to respawn, I just quit BB and started playing DA:I. So far, I'm enjoying it a lot more than BB of only because I don't have to read a book to pass the time every time the game needs to load. I'm really disappointed this hasn't been patched yet.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Sounds like it'd be annoying. They should have put random lore or something instead of the title constantly, lol. Even a replay of your death would have been humorous.

20. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

It wouldn't be so bad if dying wasn't a core part of the gameplay.