1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

"RWBY" fanfiction

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Nemrut, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Seems to me Neo won because she was a far superior fighter, semblances aside. Cardin might get beat into the ground since Blake's ditched the bow and since Cardin is a dick to Faunus.

But yeah, I'm thinking she'll try to fight Raven.

Neo probably fled because she knew the opposition was far beyond her capabilities.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That would vex me if that really were the case. We will see whether it was pure skill or a "I win" semblance in season 3, I guess.

3. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

This would require Yang to be a complete idiot, though. Don't tell me you've bought into the ridiculous tumblr version of events? Because in reality, this was what happened:

Jaune asked Weiss out on a date before their city mission, having bought movie tickets. He asked her to go see it with him, she said no, and he backed off and felt sad.

Sometime later, long enough for Blake to develop sleep deprivation and for it to be noticed in class, Jaune asked Weiss to the dance via Spanish guitar. Weiss listened tiredly and then said no again, at which point he left again and felt sad.

That was it. Two requests separated by an unknown but decently long period of time. The entire shitstorm that was spawned by that was merely proof that there are a lot of dumb people in this fandom.

Regardless, Jaune would seem to have moved on by this point and Yang's general reaction to his abject failure thus far has been to pat him on the back, being his friend and all.

Sorry, but this utter stupidity went on long enough in a number of forms that I've lost all patience with it.

4. OneirosTheWriter

OneirosTheWriter Second Year

I think it was more the case of Yang being outclassed. There didn't seem to be much illusion in what Neo did in their fight, she was just faster and far more proficient defensively.

Ryuugi, that's all probably true, but to be honest, Jaune isn't a character I'm interested in at the best of times, so I'm not likely to mount an argument one way or the other on the matter. I mean he was listed after Cardin (whom I also don't expect to see on the receiving end of the fight because that was Pyrrha's thing in vol.2) as an option for a reason.

He was the booby prize option.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  5. OneirosTheWriter

Chapter 12 of Four Deadly Secrets is up. I've done my best to take on board comments made here about the writing style (e.g., regarding POV/redundancy in prose) so should be a smoother reading experience for all. Mostly a set-up chapter for the next two, but it still has a number of developments and a couple revelations.

6. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've started a RWBY/GTA crossover fic.

It can be found in WbA and at FF.net

The story was inspired by Grand Theft RWBY which was an interesting concept but I didn't like the implementation. It's also the first time I've done any serious writing in about 6 months.

7. OneirosTheWriter

I read a bit of Grand Theft RWBY in its early days and agree that it had some interesting concepts. Didn't keep with it for too long, though. I'll give yours a look/review once I get the chance later tonight.

8. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Are there any good Weiss/Blake, Ruby/Blake, or Weiss/Yang stories out there? As much as I love Ruby/Weiss and Blake/Yang, there are so many of them out there and so little of the others.

9. Zeelthor

For Blake/Weiss or Yang/Weiss I'd suggest you check out http://archiveofourown.org/users/CourierNinetyTwo/pseuds/CourierNinetyTwo

Most of the stories are AU, some a lot, some very little. Some are a little heavier on smut that is strictly necessary, but I suppose the rating tag should warn you of those.

On an unrelated note: I've got two stories that I'd like to discuss and brainstorm if anyone's got time. (One is finished, the other very much a work in progress.) Gonna have to be via PM for the being.

I'd obviously offer help in return. ^^

10. OneirosTheWriter

Just discuss, or are you looking for proof-reading?

Also Download - anything new on your GTA/RWBY crossover?

11. Zeelthor

Discussion. I can do my own proof-reading for the most part. That's not to say I'd mind someone going over my writing and pointing out moments where I go full retard but that's obviously completely optional. ^^

I second the inquiry about the crossover fic, Download. ;)

12. OneirosTheWriter

Yeah, been hanging out to hear Yang try and find an excuse for forgetting! Generally though, it was a pretty good start and has a lot of potential to be pretty decent.

13. Download

High Score:
    I'm pretty awful when it comes to writing schedules so all I can say is it will be done when it's done.

14. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

15. Nemrut

High Score:
    Zeelthor: I am open for a RWBY discussion, if you want. Just shoot me a PM or VM or something.

16. Zeelthor

Felt there weren't enough fics that dealt with the Enabler ship in a fashion other than cutesy. This fic is... weird and creepy so be warned. Seriously.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3744298

Thanks for the help and the opinions, Nem and Oneiros. Couldn't fix all the stuff you pointed out, but hopefully I did get some of it.

17. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

GEP is also pretty notorious for springing some dark stuff on unsuspecting readers so I'd keep that in mind if you go looking at his other fics.

18. Nemrut

High Score:
    This is a fan manga.

Henceforward by Hedgehog with Roses (I think, at least that's the tumblr they are posted on)

AU, set in the future. Good enough art, good humour, heavy with feels due to the tragedy of the situation but still is able to make me laugh with its humour,.

Pretty good piece of work. 19 chapters are out as of now, plus four prologue chapters setting the whole story up.

19. Zeelthor

For a moment I thought you were reccing that anime thingy where Weiss wakes up from a coma with her memory screwed. A pox upon whoever linked me that and the legion of onion-cutting ninjas that followed. :(

As for the one linked. It's got an okay grasp of the characters, I suppose. Unfortunately, it's also got that In-Your-Face shit where subtlety is a completely foreign word.

And yeah, Mercenary. So I noticed when I checked some of his other fics. At first glance, the quality looks pretty good, but I rather dislike the lot of them. 0.o

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  20. Download

High Score: