1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Quality Naruto fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Inert, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Eh, can't say I've ever seen
    Sasuke being mortified over his own beauty and, subsequently, over his daughter's
    done in the fandom before. It was an easy and nice read, and it stopped at the right moment. 6.4k is an enitrely appropriate wordcount for the idea.

4/5

2. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

I was talking about
    The overprotective father, supportive mother, wife always having an upper hand in arguments not to mention the husband being intimidated by the wife cliches
    And the original idea only paid off at the end... which admittedly is a funny conclusion.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  3. gundam_wizard

gundam_wizard Fourth Year

Oh my god, another insanely overprotective dad story.:facepalm:facepalm Bugger that for a game of ninjas.

4. Baradine

Baradine Seventh Year

Don't be such a faggot.

5. crimson sun06

Wow...Did you actually come up with that piece of gem all by yourself or did you have help?

6. Baradine

Baradine Seventh Year

All by myself. Now stop worrying about being politically correct and post what you want.

7. crimson sun06

I have been doing that so stop worrying about my non-existent worries and let this be the end of that, 'cause after all the shit Alexx has been posting it'd be a shame if I am the reason we have a new thread in the HoS.

8. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

The story is basically a love letter to Zoolander; I don't know where you're getting gay from.

9. crimson sun06

I refer you to the first paragraph of the spoiler in my first post on the topic.

10. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Small Changes by Digitize27 has been discontinued, along with all his Naruto stories. It was alright as a time waster, even if nothing to write home about. The reason he's quitting the fandom seems quite shitty, but oh well.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  11. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

You really need to watch Zoolander

12. LPriest

LPriest Muggle

Reading these post-war chapters has me really wanting a Sarada centric "fix it" fic. The horrors she'd face watching her parents interact, the colossal disappointment young Naruto would be to anyone raised around him when he's apparently the best ever.

I'd also like to see a fic where the person trying to fix everything was completely unaware of what really happened. She learned all this stuff in the class room and Konoha probably rewrites its history on a monthly basis. I doubt things like Root or that time an acting Hokage was assassinated by rogue konoha-nin made it into "Stabbing people, a retrospective" or whatever they name their history books.

13. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

So this story has been recommended a couple of times in the Other Fandoms Almost Recommendable thread, but hasn't really had much discussion since then.

The concept is that a young Sakura is forcibly recruited into being a spy by Kabuto. It features a terrified, victimized Sakura basically developing into being a competent, but disillusioned shinobi through her role as that spy. It is currently one of my favourite currently updating Naruto fics too.

It reminds me in feel to that Hermione-reincarnated-into-Sakura fic, Effloresco Secundus, so if you enjoyed that one I'd recommend this. If your first response to reading this story will be "How come Naruto isn't the main character", I'd recommend you don't bother wasting your time.

I've loved the last two chapters a lot. In particular, seeing how Kakashi has interacted with her the whole time was really heart warming. That acceptance of her betrayal, but still acknowledging that her as his wayward student that he cares for.

I'm interested to see how this new status and situation she's in will play into her interactions with everyone. It puts her in an interesting position for that. Orochimaru being a troll is fun too.

14. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Does Naruto have any interaction with her all?

15. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    So... Why should I read about traitor Sakura? At least try to sell it a bit.

16. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I'm giving it a try. So far it's well written, and I can kind of see the interest in it. Sakura is a scared little girl and she is betraying the village to protect herself. I am hoping that by the third or fourth chapter things pick up. If your bored and have nothing else to read I'd recommend this fic.

17. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

It's not really traitor Sakura but more hostage Sakura (in that she really doesn't have a choice). But it isn't that angsty about it, while still getting the stress across. Plus it has one of the best Ochimarus around.

18. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I checked the first chapter. It's definitely traitor Sakura.

Edit: Mobile OP.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  19. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Sakura is terrified of Naruto after finding out that he is the 9 tails Jinchuriki.

20. crimson sun06

As far as reasons for enforcing a plot point goes... that ranks right up there with some of the most retarded things I've come across.

EDIT: I seem to have misunderstood this. My bad.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015