1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else Video Games Thread [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erandil, Oct 28, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, P4: DAN just came out in Japan (September for west I think).

You know you're a stupid crazy persona 4 fan when you're spending hours watching/ looking for gameplay videos of a rhythm game...

2. Gengar

High Score:
    Is anyone getting J-stars victory VS+?

It looks like Dissidia with shonen jump heroes instead of final fantasy characters. I'm firmly 'studying' Cammy atm, so I've no mental space left for another fighting game.

I'd love to hear stories of people beating up Sasuke as Gintoki though...

Oh, and Naruto is still using clones to make Rasengans in the trailer, did that still stay a 'thing' until the end? o_O

3. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  4. Gengar

High Score:
    I actually only just watched it, thinking it'd be not that interesting because no one is going crazy about it, lol.

I dunno, did we see a new character in there? The dude with the paint bucket near the end?

Also, the end heavily implies you're somehow imprisoned in the other world, and you become a thief to 'buy' your freedom? I dunno, still interesting.

I can't tell if I like the girl either. I bet I'd be way more into her if she didn't have pigtails.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My money is on the main antagonist but we'll see. She's no Yukiko but Pigtails isn't too bad. They all seem interesting at least.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Yukiko? Pfft, Chie is best girl.

7. Gengar

High Score:
  8. Koalas

High Score:
    Chie is literally the worst PC, let alone romance option.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Blocked.

/10char

10. Koalas

High Score:
    The nerd rage is real.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Enjoy your tea ceremonies and flower pressing scrub while I go eat beef bowls, play street fighter and watch kung fu movies with my waifu.

12. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Nah, man. Marie is way worse. Way, way worse.

13. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I picked up Life is Strange upon recommendation from a friend, and I really enjoyed it since I'm a sucker for being able to change the story. There is one major problem I have however: The ending of Episode 3. Don't even glance at this spoiler if you want to play the game

At the end of Episode 3, when Max goes back to when she was 13 and saves William it really ruins the story, since all the things you did previously like talk Kate down from suicide or gather information to find Rachel or save Chloe don't happen anymore, since the End of Ep. 3 just rewrites the past and makes all your choices useless.

14. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I feel at the end of Chapter 4 you're going to

Go back to your timeline.

Although it does make them useless in the sense that Max could have simply flashed back to previous photos and stopped them from happening in the first place. Meanwhile I'm gonna have to see that moment where she picks reality over the AU consigning
    Chloe back to her life of woe is me.

15. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Apparently, Sega has registered the domain for Dawn of War 3.

Wonder if they keep on with the gameplay mechanics from DoW 2 of if they'll bring back basebuilding and stuff from the first DoW series of games. I'd much prefer the latter.

16. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thanks for putting the extra warning, honestly. Usually I'll go "Eh, whatever, can't be that bad." Avoiding it this time.

I do love games where I can actually influence the story, wish there were more of 'em.

17. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Yeah, I peeked at a spoiler on the Steam Community forums and ruined part of the story for me. For the game itself, it has a 97% approval rating on steam and the actions you make actually change the story, unlike Telltale's The Walking Dead and other games of the same genre. Plus £15.99 is a really good price for the game.

18. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I actually did try Life is Strange a while back, though only the first two episodes. Since the newest episode comes out soon I might go through it again with three and four.

Gameplay-wise I thought it was a refinement of Telltale's formula (though I've only played the first season of The Walking Dead). The choices seemed to matter more, especially at the end of episode two, and they seemed to have a more logical outcome than Telltale's did. And the time-rewind stuff was neat.

But I had issues with the characters and how... hipster-y they all are. And there were times I cringed hard at the dialogue. And then any time Chloe was holding a gun I wanted to reach into the game and slap her shit for being a retard...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  19. Gengar

High Score:
    Anyone here play FFXIV?

I picked it up last week and started playing seriously for the first time since arr beta.

Aside for some really unintuitive quest design (I'm lvl49 and not at expac content yet), I really, really like the game.

Ninjas are awesome too. You basically have 3 'hand signs' (off gcd but input speed governed by lag) and you can combine them in a bunch of ways to execute different ninjutsu. It's really, really fun when you're not lagging.

It does piss me off that it's always either night time or raining though. The game looks the best during the day time, which it never seems to be.

I'm playing on a U.S server, so I hope it's not a time zone thing...

20. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

How "seriously" is "seriously"? You reached lvl49 in (at most) 11 days. Did you hardcore-grind levels or is it just that easy?

Not open for further replies.