1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 4.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Dark Syaoran, May 21, 2015.

1. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Explains why i'm almost always S rank when I play Mordekaiser. hue hue hue.

2. Torric

Torric Third Year

The cheese is real.

I'm not even kidding. Who the fuck knows what to do vs a Mordekaiser?

3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kite? Lol /10char

4. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Hahahahah. I don't need to chase you to win. I can kill almost anyone given enough time and people not focusing me, because my two skills that actuaylly deal damage are equal in range to almost everyone (Cait and Trist excluded) and Line of Sight is a thing. If (as a top laner) I've zoned the enemy ADC out of the fight, i've done my job. Since I have low cds, I'll just eat your tanks instead.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Wildfeather, I believe. Mordekaiser is super legit.

6. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

Holy crap, new Zeke's Herald is unbelievable.

Recipe Change: Glacial Shroud + Amplifying Tome + Amplifying Tome
    Total Cost: 2300 G
    +250 Mana
    +35 Armor
    +50 Ability Power
    +10% Cooldown Reduction

UNIQUE Active - Conduit: Bind to target ally. This will remove all other Conduits on your target (60 second cooldown).

UNIQUE Passive: When within 1000 units of each other, you and your ally generate Charges. Attacking or casting spells generates extra Charges. At 100 Charges, causing damage consumes them, increasing you and your ally's Ability Power by 20% and Critical Strike Chance by 50% for 6 seconds.

Yes, that increases your partner's crit chance by 50%. As in a flat +50% crit chance.

That is just ridiculous. Leaving aside supports who may not be able to use it or have the income to get it early, can you imagine it on a Nunu jungle? The power spike after your AD completes IE would be absurd. 105% crit chance with Phantom Dancer.

edit:

On closer inspection, the conventional wording of League would imply that it grants flat crit chance, but this may not be the case. It could also be a multiplier on your targets existing crit chance, so if they had 50% crit chance it would be:

0.50 * 1.5 = 0.75
    or 75% chance to crit.

This would be a far more sane way of balancing the item, but we'll have to see when it's available for testing.

edit2: Confirmed not the case.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm looking at that for Sona supp. :D

8. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Hoo baby, it's like the perfect item for her. Mana, armor, AP, CDR, and it massively buffs the ADC. I think I'm in love.

9. Phantom of the Library

10. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    What's more insane is the 6 sec duration, not so much the buff itself. Six seconds makes for more than 10 auto attacks(at least) in a heated teamfight.

11. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

CCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTPPPPLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAANNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKK

12. Wildfeather

High Score:
  13. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

I've been practicing a few pocket picks for the support role to play when my friends team goes to play on a lan tournament in a couple of months.

Shen became popular in the LCS, so that is kind of ruined, but Brand and Trundle support, combined with Vayne ADC against AD heavy comps, both work very well for me currently. Brand works anytime you are willing to put a bit of extra jungle attention on bot lane at levels 2-4 to avoid enemy jungler abusing your aggression, and Trundle is surprisingly awesome in this tank meta if you can time your pillars well and know how to force fights well.

Bottom lane hasn't been this fun for a while. I've actually gotten back to liking the 'normal' supports too by testing my limits with these new ones.

14. Phantom of the Library

So how 'bout that Fiora rework?

I am so pumped for this. Fiora was one of my original mains back in the day, and I have been waiting for this update for years.

Her passive is really cool. I watched a bunch of streams (no PBE access QQ) and it always led to an odd minigame where you both postured for position. And the damage is ABSURD. 3 (+.028 - .045 AD )% Max HP dealt in True Damage.

This leads to an absurd synergy with her ult. If you have 300 AD, proc your passive, use you ult and hit all four Vitals you will deal 82.5% Max Health as True Damage.

Did I mention that this would also heal you for 2200 Health and your allies for 1600 at max rank?

Broken as hell? Probably. That being said, I don't think full AD will be viable anymore and it's intentional. You only have your healing and Riposte as defenses, plus you're a lot less mobile, so being squishy seems suicidal. Bruiser Fiora will probably be King, so expect less True Damage.

15. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

I expect by the time you hit even 30% true damage, the target will be dead.

Updating my PBE launcher now to have a look see, but overall I'm loving all the changes to her kit, even if it makes her less ridiculously overpowered. Level 4 all-in for first blood then split pushing for days, you will be missed.

16. Phantom of the Library

On the subject of reworks, holy crap Gangplank is fun. The Barrel minigame is just too entertaining. Plus AoE Trinity Force is just sexy. Wave clear for days.

17. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hitting all 4 vitals seems... Not so simple, from what I gather.

18. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

It's not simple, it's not quite impossible but it doesn't seem worth it.
    First impressions: they made her a lot more mechanically intensive so you have to manage positioning for the vitals as well as timing attacks and her CC. It's no longer Lunge-auto-E reset-lunge, kite like an ADC and kill.

The new lunge is way different and takes a lot of getting used to. It's a shorter skillshot dash instead of a targeted ability, and it has a detonation radius so you can hit vitals. And you can dash over walls without vision, which is nice.

One problem is actually being able to catch up to the enemy to hit the vitals. I'm thinking Phage as a core, maybe even first item.

As for her ult, I find it underwhelming. Heal is nice, but it's redundant with the heal from her passive hitting all the vitals. It doesn't really add anything special to her kit.

19. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I don't think the heal is necessarily for you, it's meant more for teamfighting situations where you can land your ult on a low target, kill them fast, and generate a huge healing field for you and your teammates to fight on.

20. Wildfeather

High Score:
    I just promo'd into Plat V! Mordekaiser still going strong.