1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Given that Scott phrased it as a direct question I'ma have to say...

No U. No U. No U.

Huh. TIL DLP supports cyan, aquamarine, and this is apparently sapphire. And this is ruby? Wat?

Now that I've experimented with the colors at desktop I'll go with cyan I suppose for now on. Any thoughts on Scott and his agenda so far?

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hey Zenzao, I think you're my top town. How does that make you feel?

---------- Post automerged at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

Fluff hasn't called me scum all game. I'm feeling a bit neglected.

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

Fluff, put Citrus in the back of your mind for a second and tell me what you think of the 10 other players.

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

For the record, my expectations this early in a D1 of a mafia game are that typically wagons will end up very different by day-end from how they are at the start of the day. Especially at the beginning of a day, I aim to get a solid grasp on as many players of the game as I can, not to stubbornly lynch the crap out of someone after something pings me from the get-go (unless it's a scum-slip or the like).

It's not about the question, it's about his reaction to it. I want him to explain why he took it as an attack, why he got defensive, and I want to understand the logic that brought him to vote me and think I am scum for it. These things don't make sense to me from a town perspective.

I tend to operate via PoE. However, Fluffiness's posts don't make sense to me from a town perspective. I'm not going to let that go until I'm satisfied placing him back into null (or higher), OR until I have somewhere else I'd rather place my vote. To do otherwise would be to waste away the day.

---------- Post automerged at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

In case this wasn't obvious, with this in mind could you now answer:

"What do you think of his comments on how PR's play verses how non-PR's play?"

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Eh, after looking through fluff's posts, I don't really like him all that much.

Unvote
    Vote his fluffiness

At least until I see some thoughts about Other Things.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Why don't you like him that much? Are you referring to his stuff before engaging with me, or after, or both? (or neither?)

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm gonna paraphrase QT stuff.

Fluff isn't suspicious of me and hasn't really interacted with me at all, aside form calling me defensive and leaving it at that. He disliked blab's meta joke but also didn't follow up on that. He answers an easy question, kind of jumps on wei for using LYLO when he probably meant LYLO, and has since been too busy arguing with you to actually give thoughts on the other players.

7. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Citrus

I think nothing of it, because I don't know how PRs play versus how non-PRs play.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I meant do you have any thoughts as to Seratin's asking that question itself. Not asking you to answer the question, asking what you think of the fact that Seratin said/asked that.

Do you think it's something that indicates alignment in any way? Like would a town-player or scum-player be more likely to have posted that line? Or is it alignment-connected at all? Do you think it helps town or scum (or neither) more for people to answer it?

---------- Post automerged at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Ok, thank you for answering promptly

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm in the middle of reorganizing my reads list because the UNCERTAINTY is starting to kick in and it makes me nauseous.

---------- Post automerged at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Also, that quote should read 'LYLO when he probably meant MYLO.'

bluh

10. ScottPress

High Score:
    Citrus

I think if there are townies with roles in the game, it's better to keep the special abilities a secret. Townies can't communicate, scum can. Better than scum don't know who to kill.

---------- Post automerged at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

Better that*. Posting this bc no edits.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Answer the red part please. I'm wondering what you think of why Seratin said it, not your answer to Seratin's question.

12. ScottPress

High Score:
    Citrus

Not the smoothest move.

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

weiyaoli, who's scummiest in your view? I can't really tell from your posts.

This early in the game, my reads are primarily based on whose jokes are funniest.

What was your question, then?

I hope I get a better position on your list this time.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You're like in the exact middle.

Sometimes I think that's what you want.

15. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm just taking things slowly this time around.

Besides, I'll be confirmed town when blab flips mafia.

---------- Post automerged at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Why do you think Zenzao is town? #108 is very light on analysis and seems kind of like he just wants to be seen doing something.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Loud and clear.

---------- Post automerged at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Gimme a sec to switch from phone Latino.

---------- Post automerged at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

LAPTOP

THAT SAYS LAPTOP

---------- Post automerged at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Wow, I didn't realize Zenzao only has seven posts.

Anyway. These are what I'm townreading him for:

This I read as sort of a derpy but towny misunderstanding (him thinking Jan was being serious).

108 is light but Zenzao is attempting to go over the entire game, so. It's not bad.

I like his paranoia towards me. It reads as him being suspicious of me while also not pushing me for reachy or bogus reasoning.

As an aside, I don't think I will ever understand his sleep schedule.

17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Leaving aside Citrus's hypothetical being impossible (since having two people at L-1 means everyone has voted so I'll also pretend this is a hypothetical 13 person game), I personally thought the options were a little odd. I actually therefore quite liked fluff's first response to the question.

He doesn't want to rush through a day without making full use of the time, ensuring there isn't any speed lynching shenanigans. I feel he also answers his interpretation of the question pretty well - saying that he would probably would end up doing some form of A-lite, trying to convince Snowvon to vote for whichever of Blab or Rubicon he was voting for.

I also like the push-back on the two options presented, since there is a lot of middle ground between trusting someone to hammer (presumably because you think they are town) and wanting to try and lead a wagon on the last person not voting. I feel the names chosen were a bit arbitrary as well, but apart from not scum-reading Snowvon at the moment, I do note that fluff didn't comment at all on Rubicon/Blab. I can understand why he may not have - since at that point on p3 his only non-fluff post was a comment asking if other people thought blab's first post was fake - but I think that is only more reason to say something about Rubicon or Blab or flat out refuse to answer in the first place.

I echo others in wanting fluff's opinions on people who aren't called Citrus.

The one thing I don't like is the fact that him voting for one of Rubicon/blab isn't mutually exclusive with suspecting Snowvon to be scum. I feel it doesn't follow that whilst voting (and maybe you were one of the later votes too) for one of Rubicon/Blab you couldn't become suspicious of Snowvon/want to also vote for Snowvon.

However, I agree with Citrus's first point in #76. Apart from a weak poke at blab's first post, and the question to me, I feel fluff has been fairly tunnelled onto this question from Citrus and has been only defending against/attacking Citrus. I find the defensive behaviour fairly suspicious, even though I do agree with fluff that Citrus's options A/B weren't great.

Whoops, I have totally only now realised that 5/3 isn't LYLO because you can NL to 4/3. Blame my maths I guess.

Well, so far I'm the most suspicious of fluff, Seratin and Newcomb (weaker scum read since I haven't really read through their posts in more detail yet, only really their interaction with Citrus). Was waiting to post my half finished fluff/Citrus post from this morning before voting.

Vote: Seratin

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

? I think you lost me there

---------- Post automerged at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Oh wait, you were referring to Seratin's post. I thought you meant mine (unless you are referring to mine in which case tell me lol)

19. ScottPress

High Score:
    Citrus, I was referring to the part of Seratin's post you highlighted in red.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

But that was my post...

Ugh I'm on my phone, I'll just quote the part I'm asking about later