1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. blab

blab Second Year

You're right, he did post about how early it was in his first post, and he unvoted Citrus without revoting Newcomb despite spending the post on him.

I had him as town because I couldn't really see the scum mindset behind posting the "vigilante/doctor" thing. Scum usually try to be subtle, and that wasn't, so I gave him townpoints for being unconcerned about his own perception. Also Newcomb/citrus seems like a conspiracy-theory to me. They are both relatively town(at least to me) and pushing one is a towntell.
    Seratin:
    Why didn't you vote for Newcomb if you think he is scum and you unvoted Citrus?

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Sorry, been sick, looking through thread now.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Good news everyone!

Instead of 3, we got 4 baby cats today + the other cat is now known as the cat formerly known as pregnant cat!
    Might post a picture later, but right now it looks like black fur in black fur in a sea of red -ish goo. Not that sexy, but well, thats birth!

Anyways down for some real time talk if ppl are around. If not i will reread some interactions that i didnt get a lot out of until now. (Citrus vs. the world most likely)

4. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    his fluffiness, what's your opinion of Newcomb? Do you think he's a townie who got rattled by negative reactions, or nervous scum?

---------- Post automerged at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

I'm asking about Newcomb because I want to try and nail a more definitive read on him myself. I think he's most likely scum, but uncertainty is there.

5. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Not got much time to make a more detailed post right now, but am planning to read through specific players in isolation and their interactions later today.

But whilst you are around in real time Jan, have you got any questions for me? I haven't interacted much with you at all so far.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Last time i checked you don't like Newcomb, Fluffiness & Seratin.

While voting this early on does not mean everything, Seratin & Fluffi both voted early on Citrus.
    Do you think double scum would align like that or is it more likely that it is a scum hugging a town?

Newcomb afterwards started fighting with Seratin, do you get anything from that interaction? (and ended up voting on him)

Just curious because i was just looking over the votes.

---------- Post automerged at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

sry for the delay, only refreshing every 5-10 minutes while reading up on citrus.

7. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    UNVOTE.

Not wholly sure what to make of New's 53. On first glance, his response seems odd to me given the possibility of buddying/bussing between he and Citrus.

Rubicon responds to Seratin's question straightly. I don't like this line of thought from Seratin anymore now than I did earlier, but especially not since considering that the Scum probably don't know which roles this game has any more than we do unless they have Scumroles that correspond to townroles(IE Godfather=Cop) and bating for responses on this is baffling from a town mindset.

HF begins his ascent by freaking the fuck out over Citrus' Question. Instead of answering he goes off on a wildly divergent tangent.

Citrus prods New over New's insistence that they are not working together, prods HF on evasion, and prods Seratin on the PR question. Seratin prods New over his response. His response to Citrus on why he'd ask the PR question is also quite lacking - yeah, people might react, and in reacting give away clues and/or slips that the Scum are now undoubtedly on high alert for.

My vote is between HF and Seratin at the moment.

New throws a waffle at Citrus and votes him(again?). New constantly saying Citrus is right to stay quiet so that New can continue to doubt him is starting to become a theme. In hindsight, New is looking kind of like I did when I was on Math so hard in Narumafia, but unlike me he's shifting back and forth on Citrus from pretty near the get-go.

HF prods Citrus over the answer to the Question and says "there is no answer". Here's that vid I was looking for a day...w.youtube.com/watch?v=fNhh0IjcroA"]Buzzer vid code. I really should start previewing before I post.

---------- Post automerged at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Snow prods Blab and votes Seratin, then prods Seratin over Citrus, light prod of Vira's wall without a lot of comment on it - he likes her town reads. Three out of four of Vira and Snow's town reads align, including himself. Only HF is too high on Vira's. while New is at the top along with Scott and Blab. Citrus is too high as potential Scum. When you parse it, that's two matching town(without Snow counted) and two matching Scum. So should he have more-or-less agreed to liking her scummy players as well or even said something about it and having Citrus/New placed wrongly in his opinion?

Jan prods Snow for highlighting Wei as town, soft agrees on my position based off previous game. Snow's response is bland. He prods Scott over Scott's early freak out over Snow's pressure. Also, ffs on apparently missing my vote due to the color. How could you read it all of last game yet suddenly miss it here?

Stopping here for now, this is becoming mind numbing.

Vote Seratin.

At this point I feel like he's been scummier than HF.

8. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

In general to the first question, I would say it's not too unlikely, especially if the two scum were (e.g. 2/3 or 3/4) on a wagon to see if it ends up having any momentum (though this is less significant 1/2 days into a 5 day D1).

With regards to this exact scenario, I would have to check the exact timings and vote counts but I don't buy the 3 votes that ended up coming down on Citrus in quick succession all being from scum. As to whether fluff and Seratin are the ones who are unaligned, and who would be the scum between the two if they were, I'm not certain yet because their votes on Citrus came from very different reasons so there's no clear "me too!" bandwagoning to spot.

To the second question, I have some conclusions, but I don't really want to go into them in detail before Newcomb either responds to Seratin's last post or declines to respond.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yo Zenzao!
    Why am i not in your scumcircle anymore?
    I don't think you liked anything I did this game, or i missed it inbetween the things about me you read scummy.

Why do you think Seratin and HF are the people you should focus on and leave me be for now?
    I know possible votes on them have way more traction right now, since other ppl are reading them scummy as well, but that should not change your mindset, should it?

10. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    As I progress through the posts you aren't anywhere near as scummy as Seratin blatantly fishing for PR slips or HF doing minimal interaction/fronting interactions but not really doing anything, then the meltdown around Citrus' Question.

And no, the votes on them haven't swayed me, it's their behavior so far through to post 64 or so and what I remember from skimming through to the present.

11. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Agreeing with Snow, why is Seratin so high?

This is misleading. We have one new player and another player who’s only played once. Not all players would know better to not answer that.

You’re rambling and being defensive.

Newcomb did that for a lot for his readwall, and so are other people. Why don’t you quote your post to show us he's wrong?

If you think Newcomb is scummy, why aren’t you voting for him?

This seems like filler and my eyes glazed over as I read it. It’s not relevant on Day One.

No comment on Zenzao’s recaps because he’s also replying to people regularly.

Pics, please. What color are they? D:

12. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The reason I'm not automatically voting for Newcomb is simply because I'm not sure. I had myself convinced about Citrus and now I'm not so sure. There's still three days to go so I don't see any point in rushing into it when I don't feel completely confident.

People are starting to tunnel on me and I get that. Because of my first post I'm an attractive target. Didn't mean anything by it other than to encourage discussion and maybe I've been out of Mafia too long but I still don't see how it helps scum to any real degree.
    Jan

What do you think of the situation? What do you think of Vira and Newcomb at the minute?

13. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    So I could have slipped misinformation in there and/or subtle references to Scummates and you'd have completely missed it. Nice.

The point was to not guess at how many mislynches we could afford before LyLo kicked in, as well as sorting out New's Scum hypothetical Scum ratio. IMO we're looking at 3 Scum to 9 townies and 0 3P.

Yeah, speaking of that. How're you feeling on HF and Rubicon now?

---------- Post automerged at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

I'm probably going to come off as a jerk when I say this. But Newcomb is not in any danger of being speedlynched. You're not voting so that your name can't be tied to any particular wagon early on and therefore not confirmed as Scum in later Days as we look back and start doing votal analysis.

This has been explained to you by no less than two people. By encouraging discussion about power roles and how they should be played, you are inviting the Scumteam to hone in on those behaviors amongst the players and therefore helping to encourage the Night Kills of those players that are likely the most helpful townroles. It almost makes me wonder if there isn't a souper in this game on the Scumteam again.

14. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Putting in misdirection would be a stupid thing to do that other people would catch. I also don't know what you mean by references. Giving your scummates subtle references, or coded messages, is against the rules.

I can't remember any recent posts Fluff has done. Hold on. Okay, he said he was sick, so I'm going to wait until he posts before making a decision.

Rubicon seems towny, he hasn't given me any reason to doubt him other than his quietness. I haven't played mafia in over a year, so I don't know if this is in-character for him or not. He's a veteran so I expect him to be more active, but Blab is also in the background.

15. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    But if you were so quick to glaze over it than why not assume that others would too? My point being, ignoring something like that is unwise at best as it could have been laced if the Scum lack daychat. And for the record that was a hypothetical from my end - I am not saying I have Scummates.

I'll think on this.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah, Rubicon, I'm pretty sure Zenzao is town.

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Vira :
    His early readwall was kinda weird, not because of the content, but rather because it was really early.

I agreed with 3/4 townreads.
    The fluff read is something I didnt have, but rereading fluffs post, he did point out a logical mistake in wei's post. So i get why he might think like that.

All his reads are fine that early on, or rather i can see where he is coming, from wether i agree on all of them or not.

After that he interacted well with the thread. Pretty inquisitive, mainly talking to newcomb, but not in a scummy manner.

Overall after rereading him - Up there on my townlist with wei and von.

Newcomb :
    Didnt like him interfering with my Scott question early on, but that was more him being clumsy than scummy, i think.
    I think his play feels a bit different than last time, but he got pushed on by several people at once, which did not happen a lot in narutomafia.
    His reaction to it felt honest and more towny.

Would give him a town for now as well, not as much as the other 3 mentioned earlier. But still a slight townpass.

Which adds it up to 5 townread for now.

Snowvon
    Wei
    Vira

Zenzao
    Newcomb

I am completly unsure on scum right now. there are not that many things that i disliked. Only smaller stuff, no major flaws.

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

@ Citrus atm, I would let Snow hammer.

Also, Snowvon, you're totally scum.

Now, moving on.
    Vira: Starts out with a readwall, which is nice, but it's mostly fluff, which is not so nice.

She, like Seratin, seems to push a Citrus-Newcomb connection, and spends a lot of time explaining to Newcomb what he is doing wrong, before getting into a fight with him. I don't think they are coaligned.

She mostly goes after Newcomb and Seratin, but she has been giving some actual townreads too. I would like her to interact with more people though, and to give updated reads.

So overall, I feel she is pretty neutral, but would like to see more from her.

Seratin: Has been pushing a Newcomb-Citrus scum connection since his first post. Actually, he's done that in every one of his posts. At some point, that starts looking less like an honest suspicion and more like a tunnel, and it makes me uncomfortable about him.

He has only really talked about 4 people (me, New, Citrus, Vira), all of which he claims are scummy. Where are his townreads? And where are his interactions with over half the players?

He seems to be avoiding diving townreads or interacting with people he is not tunneling, and that is pretty scummy. I am not at all feeling good about him.

Blab's post, upon reread is clearly just banter with Snow, but at first read felt like, idk, he was really just posting to fluff and give out two unsubtantiated reads. Probably was nothing, but still, yeah.

Well, he's certainly not playing the same as in Narutomafia. Like, he accuses me of being too defensive while still being very defensive himself, which he was not last game. However, this might just be because he was never really pressured in Narutomafia. Still, the change in his style is worrying.

19. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Unlike most people, I thought his reaction test was okay. He should probably be closer to null though, since that is not a very strong point.

This may work better:

Me
    Snowvon - practically masons
    weiyaoli - strong town read
    Zenzao / Vira - weak town reads
    Everyone else who's active
    Newcomb
    Everyone else who's not active
    his fluffiness - forgot about him
    blab - scum

I've sworn off pushing lynches down people's throats on day one. But I've been calling him scum with conviction for a while, not just in #182.

Also, blab is a guy.

What do you think of him?

vote: blab
    Wanted to watch him for a bit, but his last couple posts are just continuing to be scummy.

---------- Post automerged at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Why Vira?

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Come on, guys, with enough support, maybe I'll actually get shot Night 1 on DLP.

Help me realize my dream.