1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yo HF. Readwall please and thank you.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Rubicon, sorry for necroing in this thread, but do you mind talking about post #528 to me.

Or rather why exactly u used the first line, it does look kinda random and useless in that post.

And afk for 20 minutes ..

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm genuinely having trouble seeing anyone other than fontisian & HF as scum.

- Snowvon is town.
    - Vira's active, scumhunting, confident, I can follow her thought processes etc.
    - fontisian isn't wrong about Zenzao's end of day posts looking town.
    - Jan's scumhunting, has a laidback energy, isn't coasting even though it would be easy to in this game state, Snowvon's vouching for him, etc.
    - You've got a paranoid vibe about you that looks town.
    - Scott's D1 posts were pretty good.
    - weiyaoli's analysis posts are very well thought-out, not manipulative, and I agree with most of what he says, etc.

Least confident about you being town, because I don't think I've read you correctly even once in the past. Jan and weiyaoli seem very town, but have experience outside DLP and I could be underestimating them. I haven't bothered to think about teams with any of these people, though, because I townread them.

More like, "I know he'll probably brush this off as just a joke, but it still feels wrong."

That was me being an ass and quoting what fontisian said to Vira.

Implying she was making a wrong assumption about why I asked Zenzao those questions.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Kinda off topic, but really? Never been able to confidently read me? Never had that impression before

---------- Post automerged at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Are your townreads sorted from most confident to least? If not, do you mind doing so?

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Vira: I like her reads, she's proactive and pokes at this she finds scummy. Also, I like her regular readwalls and just how she's present and towny.

Zenzao: I like that he argued against giving people townpoints for voting Seratin late, once the vote was all but confirmed (especially because that category of posers included him). I like his active scumhunting and his poking at inconsistencies (such as fonti's). Overall, he's just been very towny to me.

Weiyaoli: Another poster who I find analytical and who pokes around, and who generally scumhunts as opposed to merely being defensive. Has a lot of content, and more importantly, a lot of good content. Comfortable with calling him town.

Citrus: I read him as disaligned with Seratin, since I doubt there would have been that much bussing straight from the start on Seratin's part. I like some of his posts today a lot. However, I do dislike his interactions with Rubicon, which is why I still have some doubts about him being town.

Jan: Likes making long quote walls to refute points, which denotes him putting effort in, which is good. Scumhunts, which is also good. Tells Vira not to townread him for VCs, which is also good. I just generally like the things he's posted too.

Snowvon: He's just confusing to me. For example, let's take post 535. He says he dislikes what Citrus is doing wrt blab and Rubicon, before calling Citrus hard town. I just don't get Snowvon. Also, just so many fluff posts. My head hurts now.

Blabtisian: Like I said, I am not at all impressed with this slot. It has been under analytical and overly defensive. Frankly, the only reason it is not red is because of Rubicon. If he were to be confirmed town, then blabtisiabn becomes my number 1 scumread.

ScottPress: I frankly barely remember Scott. I looked back, and that's because he has made a two (fillerish) posts on Day 2. That's it. He had voted Seratin towards the end, which is a point in his favor, but, like I said, his posts have not left much of an impression on me, nor really have his reads. Especially since I don't know what his reads are like now that his strongest scumread has flipped town.

Rubicon: I believe that he is scum because of his interactions with Seratin on Day 1, and his attempts to divert the lynch.

6. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What about Wei? These reads are just one or two sentences declarations, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with them.

Have you voted for Rubicon? I honestly can't remember.

Considering her readwall said:
    I sure didn’t.

This looks good from what I can tell, but I'll examine it more after my exam.

7. Rubicon

Citrus

Snowvon
    Jan
    weiyaoli
    Scott
    Zenzao
    Vira
    Citrus

in descending order of how surprised I'd be if they flipped scum right now, based on gut

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That awkward moment when I'm scrolling through my QT looking for my town!Jan notes and all I see is a post that says 'lol i have no idea how to read him.'

I think I've just vaguely liked his reads/reasoning/tone enough not to want to run over him with a steamroller.

Also, fun fact, Scott was the last person to be voted, courtesy of Vira back in 567.

---------- Post automerged at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

fluff, I hope I make your head hurt in the best of ways.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

you made me laugh out loud, so that's a plus. :)

noone actually can know how to read me, because i never rolled mafia. (well once in a 50 player mashup 2 weeks ago, but the moment i realized how much of a buzzkill that kind of game is, i kinda stopped playing)

i still appreciate your townread out of thin air!

10. Vira

High Score:
    Back from my exam! It went well. :)

But this thread has barely moved. We only have half a day left.

You say you don’t think Citrus is aligned with Seratin, but think there’s a chance he’s aligned with scum Rubicon. Wouldn’t that align Citrus and Seratin, anyways?

I get what you’re saying, but that's kind of fence sitting. Just make them both red if you think they’re scum and then make an updated readwall when one flips.

I don’t believe this. Didn’t a bunch of people vote for Font after me?

#583: Rubicon votes Font.
    #605: Citrus votes Font.
    #606: Zenzao votes Scott.
    #611: Font votes Rubicon.
    #612: Wei votes Font.
    #619: Zenzao votes Font.

So, yeah, I don’t know what your fun fact was about unless you wanted to incite someone to make a votal... <_<

@Font, Rubicon: What do you think of Fluff's readwall?

---------- Post automerged at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Messed up my mention.
    fontisian. ^

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Yes, which is why I put Citrus as green. As in "he's a townread, but there's this one worry. Still probably town though." So there's an outside chance he's scum with Rubicon and Seratin, but if Rubicon is town Citrus is town, and if Rubicon is scum Citrus is still probably town.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Vira, I meant Scott hadn't been voted all game and you were the first to vote for him (so he was the last person in the game to have not been voted for).

---------- Post automerged at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

Also good job on your exam. :)

13. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

fonti/blab (since the start of D2)

#456 - Thought the narrative being pushed here was a little strange, so I went back and checked the context again. I don't think Rubicon forgot to colour his vote here (so making his vote invalid) in #219 on purpose. (If he did, what's the point from a scum!Rubicon PoV? He's announcing his intention to vote blab in this post anyway, so it's not like he would be getting away with starting a wagon on town!blab). Other stuff is a bit more jokey, so I'm not sure how much to read into her points.

#458 - null, not much to read from her realising that there are like 2/3 votes on Rubicon already at this stage.

#460 - Quick check at this point for who is voting for Rubicon and for what reason:

Citrus - Votes Rubicon in #434, reasoning:

Also what Zenzao said, since the quote ate his post: "Citrus, you're voting Rubicon for trying to sway the lynch off of Seratin and onto Blab, right?"

Zenzao - Votes Rubicon in #441, reasoning:

fluff - Votes Rubicon in #443, reasoning:

I mean I agree that some of the votes (namely fluff) were a bit weak, but I don't agree with fontisian's reasoning for voting either in #456. Just noting these votes down to see if fontisian's reasons for voting Rubicon later on actually agree with some of what Citrus/Zenzao says.

#485 - Banters with Citrus and Rubicon. Nothing particularly useful to analyse. Basically the only analytical/useful thing she's done so far is her first post.

#495 - Ignoring the first part of the post for now, I'm getting more and more concerned that she doesn't seem to actually want Rubicon lynched (her scum read). I guess there is a lot of pressure already since there were 4 votes on Rubicon close to each other, but there is no analysis/case.

#497 - Jan exaggerated, but this post is full of cherry-picking things like "blab did stuff" (wow, what things?) and "not hard-reading Seratin town" (There's no difference if blab never gave many other town reads but Seratin). This vote is even worse than the one on Rubicon.

#499 - More vagueness on things blab did.

#504 - Useless vague first comment. Finally an opinion on other people in the second half of the post.

#512 - Would have to go back to check exactly if this is true, but I guess it's an opinion/feeling either way.

#518 - Elaboration of her town-read of Zenzao's voting record.

#525 - I don't see where font is attacking Rubicon for not town-reading Zenzao.

#537 - fluff

#550 - fluff. Her content to fluff ratio is pretty dang high, but she did say she was phone-posting. Haven't liked what I've seen of her content so far, there's bits of misrepresentation/exaggeration for that Jan vote.

#568 - Back to the odd reasoning for suspecting Rubicon's position when he voted for blab. Wrt to the rest of the reasoning on Rubicon, there isn't really any evidence to back up her arguments, so I'll just keep them in mind for now when I look over Rubicon over D2.

#581 - Nice to see the promise of more content coming soon. I liked the direction it was going with her last laptop post (though I'd have to check the specifics - like how her first point about Rubicon's position in the blab wagon is bad).

#584 - No, but other people also want to see things.

#587 - The hint of anger I get is a bit overblown. Why is she annoyed at Rubicon wanting her to post more stuff? It would be one thing if she's posted lots of useful content already D2, but she hasn't.

#611 - The analysis is good, if it wasn't the first few pages of the game. Or if she wasn't allowing her opinion of Rubicon already to colour the analysis. Stuff like "weak, buddying, die" isn't useful. It's not going to convince anyone who didn't already think Rubicon was scum.

#618 - Not seeing your point. What was the point of being cagey about whether or not you gave reads? (Apart from finding another reason to turn it on Rubicon).

#627 - I keep disappearing from people's read lists :S Yes, you gave reasons/thought processes behind the very start of the game, but I'm not seeing your brigade against Rubicon at this point.

#634 - I mean, I agree with font on her first point. It's pretty clear what she said about Zenzao. So it makes stuff like fluff's post before this one rather odd.

Conclusions:
    Will fact check #568 next (probably not enough time left today to do a full read of Rubicon). I'm suspicious of font/blab now. Font actually made the slot seem even more scummy. So, I guess you can also treat that as an unofficial vote. Will be around at deadline to vote.

---------- Post automerged at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Also, font could have claimed earlier when she left, so we don't really have to wait for a claim since I'm assuming that she would have claimed if she wanted to.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Ew, Day is over while I'm at work. THAT'S FUN.

blabtisian (4): Snowvon (#523), Rubicon (#583), Citrus (#605), Zenzao (#619)
    Rubicon (2): hisfluffiness (#443), blabtisian (#611)
    hisfluffiness (1): weiyaoli (#612)

Abstaining (3): ScottPress, Jan, Vira

I can probably move my vote via phonepost later, but for now I'm leaving it.

15. Vira

High Score:
    I've been checking Scott's activity on his profile, and he's definitely been on DLP today. :/

I don't exactly follow, but okay.

I'll officially vote for Font in a couple hours so there's no hammering.

16. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Now why is Fonti in cyan, a color generally regarded as light townread, when your conclusion is that she is making a scummy slot even more so? Not yellow, not orange. Blueish green.

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm going to respond to wei, since he's apparently the only person reading and thinking about my posts?
    Thank you. I did not know that Rubicon had attempted to vote before then and it makes that interaction a lot clearer. It also makes him slightly less likely to be scum.

Zenzao's does not. Voting wrong and against a scum lynch is not a crime. Zen's stuff was, as usual, all surface level accusations. Citrus's was better, because Rubicon changing his vote at the last minute for /no town reason/ is very scummy, but it's not everything.

This isn't actually true. Those posts pointed out, in order, 1. Citrus was being overly needy for some reason in regards to his reasoning for voting (hence the "yes, you're pretty" comment), 2.Rubicon's comment about wanting me to be town was a lie, 3. A request for a consolidated case from Rubicon so I could understand his thought process because I didn't have time to post dive, 4. A clarification for Jan, and5. A reaction to Rubicon's refusal to be helpful by emphasizing that he will be lynched if he doesn't try to solve the game (hence the choo choo comment).

These are all analytical and serve a purpose.

1. I don't make cases on the phone. It's too irritating and time consuming. 2. I didn't want Rubicon lynched at the time. I wanted to poke the people that wagon analysis told me were likely scum to see what I could get out of it and develop my reads from there.

Do I really need to explain why blab did? His posts are pretty easy to find. He poked Von, questioned him, and then used it to strengthen a town read, poked Vira, poked Rubicon, metad Citrus, went a bit harder on Rubicon (who accused him of buddying, fyi), and lightly townread Seratin. Then he disappeared off the face of the earth for a full 3.5 day before the deadline and got scumread for "lurking," which is bullshit. I went back to read this stuff specifically to see if Jan's comments were accurate, and they were not.

The first comment is incredibly useful. I don't know why, but lately people on dlp have gotten very, very bad at seeing people scumhunt when they aren't writing "scumhunting" in bold, colored letters. I expect better of Vira and find it suspicious that she doesn't see what I'm doing /and/ tried to encourage town!Zenzao's reading comprehension issues.

Go back. I'm reasonably certain Scott was town from that vote and it is the only thing I townread him for. Even if I get lynched, this game will be very easily won as long as the town doesn't kill itself by turning on townies and ignoring these clear towntells.

I had three fluff posts, total.

You don't know Jan like I do. He's a stickler for truth, tries to make his statements as true as possible, and calls people out when they say things that aren't quite true. That he deviated so much and exaggerated (especially when I'm really the only viable mislynch candidate if I'm right on Rubicon), is concerning. Unfortunately, with the way the votes are at the moment, I need him on my side to lynch Rubicon, so I can't go hard against him.

What the fuck?

How is there no evidence?

In DLP games, I typically like to get one Day to solve the game and lynch a scum. Sometimes people agree with me and things go well and sometimes they decide to vote me for bullshit reasons and /I can't be effective./ Then scum slide by to the end of the game and town votes for them, and then narrowly lynches someone else. Every. Day. It's old and tiring and I can't stand it. Let me lynch Rubicon. He will flip scum. I will be confirmed town enough to get shot, and I can stop giving a shit about a game I didn't really want to join in the first place.

Again, you're wrong. Rubicon's first post was the epitome of his scumplay. A joke that falls flat, attempted appeasement of everyone in the thread, the basic mentality being that he doesn't want anyone to look at him. I am not blinded by the wagon analysis. His posts condemn him.

"Have I given reads?" was a rhetorical question meant to show that Rubicon, most likely intentionally, missed the point of that exercise, which was to supplement the reads I already have and give me much needed context. Again, a tiny bit of reading between the lines is all that's needed.

I don't know, it might be because Fluff's Rubicon's scummate, doesn't want to stop bussing when he knows Rubicon's likely to die after I flip, but also would much prefer I die here. Nah, that's crazy. :facepalm

---------- Post automerged at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

It doesn't matter.

Stop being a paranoid, crazy person.

---------- Post automerged at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Like, this isn't a hard fucking game. Rubicon was right about that much. The only viable scum are him and fluff, with outside chances of Jan, Vira, and /maybe/ /maybe/ Von or Citrus.

Let me confirm myself with this lynch and it becomes /even/ easier.

---------- Post automerged at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Nah, Citrus is town, paranoid idiocy aside.

18. Rubicon

Good to see some effort, even this late.

I'm still town.

Please claim immediately.

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I find it interesting that you've been trying to get me to claim at L-2 for a day now, when you didn't do the same yourself. It's not happening.

Pretend you and I are town for a minute Rubicon. Tell me who the mafia are.

---------- Post automerged at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Also, if you could be a bit less patronizing. It's hard enough to resist shouting "fuck you" as is.

20. Rubicon

I was never in the situation you are. The day ends in a matter of hours, and if you wait until later we won't have time to wait for a counterclaim. That's scummy.

If you're town, I'd want to lynch HF today, and then I'd have to figure out which of the people who seem town are fooling me. Citrus asked me to rank my town reads, so check that post.