1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Sorry, poor wording. What I mean to say is that we weren't all sitting around utterly unsure of what Kalas was. I was steadily repeating that Kalas was scum, and I think slowly people were beginning to listen. When Riley did his thing it was more "yeah, you guys/Typhon is right, he was scum for sure" rather than us going the wrong way and Riley jumping in to right the ship, or him preempting discussions about Kalas by saying upfront that he was definitely scum.

In context, I don't think it necessarily indicates that they are unaligned.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Immediate reaction to the Sesc death is the same as Newcomb's: if we don't lynch Citrus at this point, we're idiots.

But my main thought revolves around this question: why would the witches kill Sesc? If Citrus was scum and Sesc town, then the witches had us in the perfect position at the end of the last day: confusion which had us at a 50% chance of lynching town (and the priest). In reality greater than 50% because of the way Citrus has everyone's trust. Night killing Sesc seems to have no purpose in such a situation, as it would traditionally resolve the town's confusion and we'd then lynch Citrus straight off, exactly what the witches don't want. Killing Sesc seems designed to get us to lynch Citrus.

For that reason I'm leaning against it, even though if feels crazy to say it.

Of course, there's two weaknesses here:

1. Scum knew the above analysis would be made, and so are double bluffing: they kill Sesc to make it look like they're trying to force a Citrus lynch, we realise this and don't lynch witch!Citrus.

2. Witch Citrus had the balls to bet on his ability to persuade us not to lynch him, even though he counter-claimed a confirmed town player, and even though that counter-claim turned out to contain a manifest error that he had to backtrack on.

Both of these weaknesses are very risky strategies from the witches though, and at this stage of the game it feels like they wouldn't be taking that level of risk.

So where I'm at right now is that we don't lynch Citrus.

Like Newcomb, I'm going to kick myself very hard if Citrus does turn out to be a witch.

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Cobalt

When you mention softing, are you referring to Typhon potentially having concrete information on Kalas?

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

One or two of the posts you made had me soft townfirming you because you were so sure Kalas was a witch.

Was I wrong or right to do so?

---------- Post automerged at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

See the above post.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I can confirm I have balls. That is why Eidolonic entrusted me with the role of Priest.

Unfortunate that this post is so late, because I can't truly read the genuinity of it, unlike stuff that was posted as we went.

---------- Post automerged at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Typhon

I am asking you to answer this question truthfully.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Literally all of us are saying that right now to ourselves, I think. Lol.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm not. I'd be quite proud of myself actually.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I actually feel better about Citrus now.

---------- Post automerged at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Quite honestly, if witch!Citrus pulled this off I'd gladly hand you the win. You'd deserve it.

I just think the level of bullshittery required would be something completely transparent and thus impossible.

9. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I feel like we're kinda gambling with all of our fates if I answer that truthfully with the soup in play. Would prefer to not unless it is absolutely necessary. But I will if you guys really need me to for your worldbuilding.

10. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm very nervous about Newcomb, because I'm aware that I'm assuming that he's town, and I'm worried that the only reason why I'm doing so is that I spent so much time assuming the priest had checked him and confirmed his towniness by silence, as the Plan stated.

But of course that never happened.

It's 9AM here, just got up.

In favour of the post's genuineness, I'd say that the "Why kill Sesc?" analysis is not something that anyone else has said yet.

---------- Post automerged at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Er, 8AM. Lol.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I think I said it though, but oh well

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Citrus

Did you get the same thing I got from reading this?

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I don't know

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Are we all in agreement that Riley is a good choice?

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I mean, I think everybody but fonti is anyway. Don't know where she'd stand at this point.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'd like to hear where Riley stands, personally.

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Oh yeah, we certainlynch don't need to lynch him without giving him a chance to respond.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yeah, that's why I'm not voting him yet. We can't get anywhere near that hammer just in case he's town and a witch decides to drop it.

19. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Loool. I have no clue how my phone autocorrected into certainlynch :D

---------- Post automerged at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

But same, Cobalt.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

My phone started correcting lunch into lynch.

Like, what???

---------- Post automerged at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

#mafiaplayerstruggles