1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. chrnno

chrnno High Inquisitor

Indeed they were but can't deny their existence.
    Yep though it is relatively rare when compared to being related to Voldemort and/or Grindelwald. Dumbledore doesn't seem to get as many but entirely possible that is just coincidence for the fics I read. Not like I actually look for any of this.
    Hum... Now I can't help but think of James going with the flow and somehow making the best out of it.

2. Maeglin

Maeglin First Year

Sometimes Lily is a switched fay so there's a lot of variety in that department.
    I think I've read a fic where Lily was actually timetravel! Harry and he? gave birth to himself to avoid a paradox, if that makes any sense.

---------- Post automerged at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Just to be clear I've read it by accident, honestly. It's suprising what kind of filth you can bump into on the net.

3. KGB

KGB Headmaster

I've been rereading some older fics and both of them happened to feature a seer!Luna and Harry that just blindly fallows what she says.

So that got me thinking. Are there any fics where Luna pulls her fanon seer bullshit and it all turns out to be false and gets Harry into deep deep trouble?

4. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Can't say I've come across one, but that makes for a great idea.
    A fic where indyHarry stands up and starts to bash Dumbledore and the rest of the Order because Luna the seer told him that it would set off events that would destroy Voldemort. Only the Wizarding world completely turns on him and he comes to realize that Luna was actually planning his downfall.

5. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fallows? Really?

6. chrnno

chrnno High Inquisitor

I hadn't noticed the typo but now I hold the position that it is a play on words.

7. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Oh god damn it.

I'm sticking by it. Harry listens to Luna and leaves his corn field fallow one year, this has the unintended side effect of summoning Cthulhu. Wacky hijinks ensue.

8. rj45

rj45 First Year

Anyone know the name of a oneshot where it showed people believing voldemort to be their saviour, and he is curing an illness in a bunch of people. As this happens harry arrives and I think duels voldemort or someone.

9. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

It's Joe's terrorist!Harry oneshot.

10. rj45

rj45 First Year

can you link that story? or the username of author?

---------- Post automerged at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

nevermind, found it, thanks!

11. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Anyone ever read a crossover between Harry Potter and Fringe? I started watching through Fringe again yesterday and it just seems like it would be awesome, if written well. There are exactly three on FF.net and google-fu doesn't turn up much.

This may be my first writing attempt.

12. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Well, that's always the catch, isn't it? :(

13. rj45

rj45 First Year

Anyone know of an incomplete story of Voldemort some how being trapped in harry's body. It had a scene where he was boarding hogwarts express. It was like a redemptive story but very much in progress and possibly abandoned.

14. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

Is there any decent Harry Potter/Inception crossovers, or fusions? I looked on Fanfiction.net but they're all short, slash and crap.

15. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Looking for the story with Harry using the WWII-time battleship as his Occlumency defence. He 'walks' through the dark corridor full of water to listen what Voldemort is up to.

16. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I read a story a few months ago and already forgot the title of it.

It was Harry in Slytherin so don't expect anything great, I remember enjoying it because of the subtleties of Harry trying to gain power, cliche things like a seat in the middle of the common room that only the leader of Slytherin sits in.

One part I remember was that in the great hall traditionally the leader sits at the top of the house table, whereas Harry choose to make the middle of the table his domain so he could keep an eye on everything, it was strongly likened to how Tom Riddle took over when he was in school.

Not much to go on, but does anyone know this fic? It's probably some obvious one I am missing.

17. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It might be Choices, by kb0. I haven't read it, but googling for battleships and occlumency turned up this in Ch11:

While searching for this, I stumbled upon a fic where Harry has an interstellar battleship with laser turrets as his occlumency defense. When describing it he really says, "Pew Pew!"

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  18. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

That's Travel Secrets: Third you're talking about.

19. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

20. newageofpower

newageofpower Professor DLP Supporter

Link? Is the story at least halfway awesome?