1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Fleur Community

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Methene, Nov 22, 2007.

1. soccerfan12

soccerfan12 Squib

I don't really see an issue with the relationship. It happens plenty of times in the real world. I just don't think a relationship would last very long between Harry and Fleur. They just don't seem like they would mesh well to me

2. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    If that's where it remained, then yes. But if you gave them depth, let them discover more about each other, etc., then no.

Anyway, my point was that Harry and Fleur have more in common than Harry and Cho. If you give the first two 17 seconds for the TWT being what they have in common, I'd give the latter two half that.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Harry's love for Quidditch beyond playing it is purely speculation iirc, but if he's like any other sports fan, connecting over a shared passion is hardly negligable.

4. Joe's Nemesis

High Score:
    I'd say the same is true for life and death experiences (dragon), saving one's sister, or saving one from being cursed in the maze (forgive that one if I'm remembering it wrong).

But, to take this to a deeper level than just back and forth, I think we're both in agreement that something has to happen to be link between them so they can actually begin the relationship. Where they go from there is something else, altogether. Unfortunately, I think that's why so many people start with the second task (not to mention that's when Fleur warms up to him).

---------- Post automerged at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Don't remember seeing this discussion in this thread, in this way. So, with links (or pics, post who you think best resembles Fleur Delacour, outside of the actual actress.

Here's one option for me . . .something a little more ethereal Utahan what we got int he movies:

[​IMG]

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think I must be the only person alive who thought Clemence Posey was a perfect Fleur...

6. Joe's Nemesis

High Score:
    I know a couple others.

I've seen pictures where she really does look like she could play the role. But in the movie itself, I was pretty disappointed. Part of it was that Posey just didn't stand out from anyone else at Beauxbatons like Fleur supposedly did. She looked (again, in the movie) too much like the normal, cookie-cutter blonde, I thought.

7. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

Even that point is rather flimsy, in my opinion at least, because as far as I can remember Fleur was in it for the glory (might be fanon). I think nobody can really relate with Harry and his experiences during the tournament.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  8. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Far from it.

But it is like E.C. says, there's other times where she looked better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Yeah but,

dat nose tho.

10. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

[​IMG]

Maybe.

11. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  12. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think Fleur is the hardest HP character to find a real world model for. It's not just about how beautiful she is either, because she has to have the right kind of beauty. Like, she's described as tall and willowy, which implies she's more "model" beautiful than "pin-up" beautiful, but at the same time the level of attention she gets implies she's straight-up sexy. So you have to find someone who's top-shelf "model beautiful" but also sexy.

And, of course, she's supernaturally beautiful so you'll never really find someone who fits her perfectly.

Runway models who do underwear are probably the best contenders (e.g. Victoria's Secret models), at least in terms of body type.

So you can imagine the problems the producers had finding a Fleur who met those criteria AND was French AND could speak English well AND could act. Naturally, they put the acting criteria above the physical criteria.

13. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

14. Nerox

Nerox High Inquisitor

Bryana Holly.

15. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

Not to sound racist, but she looks too american.

16. Nerox

Nerox High Inquisitor

Well, you don't sound racist, but stupid. 'American' is not a race. That would be Caucasian, and French people can also be Caucasian.

17. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lea Seydoux?

[​IMG]

18. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

I bow to your superior intellect.

19. Nerox

Nerox High Inquisitor

The tooth gap is hidious. Also no all around.

20. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you're going to correct people on technicalities, then at least get your technicalities right :p

Technically, "Caucasian" is not synonymous with "white". "Caucasian" refers to people from the Caucasus region, which covers parts of Eastern Europe and the Middle East, including parts of Iran.

The use of "Caucasian" to mean "white" is one of the most baffling misuses of a word in modern (American) English. I mean, the motive is clear - the desire to avoid saying the word "white" to dodge racial implications - but I do wish a better word had been chosen, such as "Anglo-European" or whatever.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015