1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ranked Diaries

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Churchey, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

No. Betrayed.

2. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

After failing my gold promos 1-3, I go on a 4 game lose streak and my MMR hits the shitter.

At least I finally got my first S+ game but I'm really far away from Gold V and the skin now =\

edit: got 30 lp for the win, so seems my MMR isn't as bad as it could be.

3. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Dear Diary,

Pushed into action at last by watching my first Worlds, I have now ventured into the murky waters that is ranked LoL. I'm a scrub, of course, but so far I played two games with my Thresh and won both 0/1/17 and 1/4/7. I wonder how long this luck will last? Not that it matters... throwing lanterns is fun anyway, and a good Death Sentence + Ultimate can make for great plays.

More information will follow once I managed to get placed wherever they deem appropriate.

4. PpJt

PpJt Second Year

I feel ya, I'm currently trying to work up the nerve to play my 4th placement game. Carrying the first 3 doesn't help, as I feel as if I need to keep doing that...

5. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

The best thing to do when you start out in ranked is to treat every game the same as a normal game. The main thing that makes people do badly in ranked is nerves or trying to play in a way they wouldn't normally.

6. PpJt

PpJt Second Year

Yeah I've been playing league for 4/5 years now and I still don't like ranked...

I tend to play 2/3 'warmups' and then whoops it's time to go to bed for work. I'll end up getting a duo partner eventually or something.

7. Rah

Rah Death Eater

Just got into Gold V!! I'm out of silver hell!!!!!! So excited!!

8. Bill Door

Welcome to gold hell!! :D

9. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Today everything that could go wrong actually went wrong. First a Sona playing mid accruing seven deaths at fifteen minutes. In that game I learned that Fed Zed isn't pretty. No sir, he ain't pretty at all. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that Fed Zed can choke on a dick and die. (The mid Sona can die, too. See if I care!)

Next game sudden lagspikes made me teleport over the map like a chipmunk on crack. My ping hovered at a constant 60ish number but my skills came seconds too late (if they came at all). At one point I was near my tower, next moment I'm under Vladimir's, dead.

The next two games I busted myself (well the whole team was busting, really, but I'm certainly included in that). And so, all in all, I went from 5-0 to 5-4 today.

One more till I'm ranked... yey, I simply can't wait.

Have to say though that those last games have made me stronger, despite the drawbacks of toxic shitheads crowding my team, lags that suddenly matter, and pressure from having to play serious.

I hate being caught out or being responsible for a bad fight in games that matter to people, so now I'm actively trying to watch the minimap at all times. Doesn't always work, but more often than not I manage to take a look every 5-10 seconds.

Ward placement got better, too. As did knowing when to run the fuck away. If progress stays the same I can see myself ignoring the drawbacks.

Also, I love me some Shen support. Played most of my games with him since I keep missing Thresh hooks.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  10. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Played a series twice today.

Jinx loss, Elise win, Janna loss.

First game: Velkoz support fucks me up hard by poking from the brush and shoving the wave, preventing me from cs. Also, first game vs Kindred jungle, shit's fucking cancer. Also, Ekko top vs Riven and a Viktor who constantly runs up to Lux et al for a Q instead of a laser, dying almost instantly every time.

Second game: Veigar scales and eventually one-shots Leblanc, early gank bot sets Lucian ahead and he gets quadra when the enemy team derps after dragon. He ends 14/0/13. Not much left to say.

Third game: Supporting a dumb Cait who goes forward into Graves and doesn't afraid of anything, Yasuo top firstbloods our Riven at lvl 2 and proceeds to shit over the game.

Thresh game to go back into series: Enemy team gets Malz mid and Veigar top because of shenanigans in lobby, me and Trist shit on Kalista and Blitz. Irelia has a field day farming Veigar while Xin does as Xin does. Lux and Trist end 9/0.

Series part 2: Fiora loss, Trist win, Jinx loss.

First one's totally my fault. Got greedy with the gank top and gave up first blood to Volibear, snowballed off of that. Team tilts and rages at me, whatever. Then the surrender votes come in and since I vote no, being in promo series and all, ADC leaves to ensure 3-1 surrender.

Trist game was tricky. Zyra support doesn't land many snares or even Q-plants early, instead missing and semi-zoning while pushing the wave for me. On the other hand, they have a Talon support. I miss some early cs and have some unfavorable trades but Lee Sin saves the day, I scale up and Gangplank does 800 crits on a 200 armor Olaf. Thanks, Talon.

Third game: Lux "support" for me. Self explanatory. Game could have dragged to infinity and eventually winnable but our Veigar couldn't contain Yasuo, who got monstrous. Malphite into Fiora did no damage as he built pure armor and got shat on. Lee Sin played decent but made questionable decisions and tilted. Wait a second, how did Kalista suddenly have 2 items on me? Oh, the 6 kills.

Thresh recovery game again. Tahm Kench tries to cheese our Pantheon so I go off and help him, and holy shit, so did our Heimerdinger in mid. Snowball off of that.

What I'm taking away from this is that I have to put away Fiora and learn some new top laners or not first pick her, trust nobody to support worth a shit when I play ADC, and write off fail ADCs and roam when I support.

11. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Syaoran is in promos again. We unbenched the Kench, it's too OP.

12. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Well, it's done. Went 5-5 in my placement games and was sent to Annie's Bandits Silver Division 1, whatever that means. Do I have to climb 1 through 5 or is it 5 to 1 and then gold?

13. Bill Door

Silver 1 is the highest division in Silver. If you get promoted you get to Gold 5.

14. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Be wary of the Gold 5 Gatekeepers, those guys mean business.

15. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

Gold 5 here, the seemingly now impossible goal of me getting to plat this season has made me exceedingly grouchy and you shall not pass.

16. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Another series down the drain. Now I'm losing every other game and not getting back to 100LP after the loss.

Took a gander at op.gg and got mighty pissed at being matched against Plat Vs on the regular while I deal with stupid chickenshit like Singed into Irelia and Nasus mid vs Ahri.

Couple more weeks to get out of Gold 4 and I'm tilted as fuck.

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

[imgur]XKV2DJx[/imgur]

Finally got an S+ on Nasus, my life is complete.

The most hilarious thing about is game is that Mundo tilted off the face of the planet whenever I pressed R, because I edited the games settings to emote my mastery every time I ult.

18. Curry Potter

Curry Potter Second Year

That Youmuu's tho. And you give me shit about getting Avarice blade...

19. Plagueis

Plagueis Squib

After the dreaded inactivity decay I was put in plat 1 with 0 points. Things looked grim, having played relatively few games (highest mastery on champions is lvl 2 sadface). Decided to play some ranked and I performed well enough to win 3 out of 4 games having been steamrolled on that loss though. Now I'm at 75 points and I'm nervous to play more. Also mundo vs Rene seemed to go mundos way after lvl 6 unless you're way ahead of him.

20. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Been on a good run, I really did not want to top lane Shyvana -___-

[​IMG]