1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

American Gods Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Oct 18, 2015.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

2. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I said I'd try to get my reads out there today so here they are. I was working my way up form least posts and got to Weiyaoli before the words started running together. Here's what I've got now, I'm gonna take a nap and do the rest from Weiyaoli on once I wake up.

Elemental - Leaning scum. None of his posts have any content. There are a couple of votes, but nothing else. In one of his posts he admitted to fence-sitting, which I think he was trying to make himself look less scummy but to me he just wound up looking worse.

Elemental I'm trying to give the low content posters benefit of the doubt because I wasn't able to post for most of Day 1, but acknowledging the fact that you haven't posted anything significant does not redeem you if you don't actually post anything significant. I want some reads from you.

Evil - Scum lean. Not many posts, but he posted his reads and his votes haven't matched them. I don't like the vote naked vote on Kalas with a poke to me. It would be a perfectly fine post if your ping was was to Koalas or your vote was on me. I also don't like the way you just dropped your scum reads on Snowvon and Citrus without any accompanied reasoning. You said you'd give some, but never did. Care to give it now?

Kalas - My notes here just say to revisit him once I've gotten more context.

LJ - Town lean. I liked your roleclaim because it was a weird role. It wasn't one I'd ever seen before and I don't think scum would choose it. It seems easily confirmable. Your tone when you talked about Citrus's townread of you makes me think you aren't aligned with him. (It also gives Banks a tentative town-lean from since I haven't actually read his posts yet.)

Tempus - Null. Posts appear awkwardly worded. Hasn't posted any reads since his first real post. Occasionally says something I agree with like his response to Elemental in 208. I don't like the way his posts have gotten shorter over time, would like to read more from him.

Blorcyn - town lean. No real reason for him other than 'gut'. Once I finish my nap I'll reread him with a clearer head and see if I can pinpoint more accurately why his posts seem so towny. The only thing about him that I don't like is his townread on evil, but hey. Nobody's perfect.

If I were to put out a list now it'd be

Me
    LJ
    Blorcyn

Tempus

Elemental
    Evil

With that in mind: Vote: EvilOftenWins

---------- Post automerged at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Whoops.

Vote: EvilOftenWins

---------- Post automerged at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

Ninja'd by a post asking me to post... Here you go for now.

---------- Post automerged at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------
    EvilOftenWins My intrepretation of the fonti/citrus confrontation was basically "Wow, Citrus looks really scummy right now." Next day. "Oh. Looks like Citrus was scum after all."

3. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

That escalated quickly. I mean that really escalated quickly!

Ok, so one person asked. I flipped my vote because it looked like a decent wagon could form to provoke koalas, and I'd left my vote stagnant on demonturtle when it felt like it could be working more. Further to this, we had just had the mod post and other complaints about inactivity. I felt an inactive vote might compound this. I'm here every day, but I do have limited hours.

That said. Feel happy my scum mush read on citrus proved founded, because I am more reticent with experienced players feeling that they may be employing a gambit I won't recognise, which leads me to be less happy with demonturtle. I can accept her reasoning, because it's the same I considered for citrus giving a good read on tempus. But yes, I'm very interested in demonturtle.

Elemental and evil I can't remember my vibe too well off the top of my head, I need my QT because I conflate their e names in my head.

Titus. Titus, titus, titus. Tituuuuuuuuus.

Titus.

Fontisian's got good cred and he gave a thorough sampling of why he got this read on you. I also feel a scummish from those quotes. However this evening I'll have to double check, myself.

That said, I don't want to leave my vote fallow while I'm at work, particularly in case something happens between now and then so. . .

VOTE: Titus

4. EvilOftenWins

EvilOftenWins Squib

The reason I stopped scumreading Snowvan is because of post 118 where Von calls out Citrus for Garciaing. and this
    Citrus was buddying him pretty hard to the point that I lumped Snowvan in with them. I didn't actually know what Garcia meant until after I posted my reads, so I didn't take it into account. Right now Snowvan's pretty solid town status.

As far as Citrus goes I thought he was scum until the point where it seemed almost too obvious that he was scum. I was going to end up using my vote on him, but I was rereading the thread and I looked at this again.
    I know in werewolf there's a tanner role, which is neutral and the way they win is if they die. Might have been paranoid of me, but I didn't want to risk it and just threw my vote on Kalas.

5. Banks

Banks Muggle

Whats going on people? How muich longer in the day?

6. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Around 13 hours from now. Time to catch up, because things blew up quick.

---------- Post automerged at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

TLDR of it is that Fonti shot Citrus, who was scum. Use the index to jump to that.

7. Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit Third Year

8. Banks

Banks Muggle

Just read the citrus dying part well fcking done.

I need to sleep I'll wake up and hammer if it hasn't alreayd been done. I don't want to do it now knowing I won't be around.

9. Blorcyn

/quoted for you just so it notifies him. Easy enough mistake.

10. Elemental

Elemental Squib

High Score:
    Citrus gets day killed and turns out to be scum. Well, at least I read someone correctly.

Fontisian is pretty much confirmed town. The lynch momentum is going against Titus as I type(8 votes) and I'll address that down.

Right, I'll answer this in due order. Posts not having any content- Day 1 started in a very busy time for me. I tried my best to post something at the very least, but it seems that it was taken the wrong way. Votes- I did only a single vote and that was on accidental misinformation. Check my earlier post if you missed it. Fence sitting-When I did my vote on Tempus(based on aforementioned misinformation), Titus said that it was 'epic-grade fence sitting'. After I found out my vote was pointless, I tried to joke about Titus' remark. Lack of significant posts-My posting should speed up now.

Titus- I was leaning on not being scum before but it kind of makes sense for her to be scum now. Her support for Citrus-She said that after sometime, people default to experienced players as scum. If that isn't support for someone who was suspected by a lot, I don't know what is. Scum claim- This is what makes me hesitate to vote for her lynch. It's too obvious to claim scum. If she is scum and Demonturtle is not- she wanted to put suspicion on a newbie who fell for the claim, and Demonturtle happened to be that person. Both are scum- it's a play. Titus town and Demonturtle scum- Demonturtle made the mistake of getting into the searchlight while trying to make others scum read Titus.

Overall, I'm waiting for a role claim from Titus to vote since more time is left for D1.

---------- Post automerged at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

I used too much hyphens in that one. Well, it's readable.

11. ljtrigirl

ljtrigirl Muggle

High Score:
    Shit. I totally forgot that this was happening. My bad!

---------- Post automerged at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

I thought it was clear that it had sort of firmed up into a real vote.

---------- Post automerged at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

I don't think I like this post, but I can't really tell if it's a style clash or that you're scum. It's got that weird self aware thing and then several "look like I'm hunting" questions. Why are you so focused on just one person here? This is the first post I remember you making, and it's all towards one person.

---------- Post automerged at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------
    Citrus- The reason that I was getting mod clarification was that I was planning on lying about my role until I read the wiki for it. So, I don't see why me getting a clarification would mean I wouldn't be pre-planning, since that's exactly what I was planning on doing.

I think your read on me is forced and fake, and I do not like it.

As for Fonti, I don't have a strong read either way. Her reasons for reading me as good are also terrible, but I've liked her interactions with Von so far. So, I'm probably at Neutral (+) there right now.

---------- Post automerged at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

I would shoot you here.

It feels like you're doing that thing where you puff up your chest to get people to back down.

---------- Post automerged at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Nice shot, Fonti!

---------- Post automerged at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Why is everyone autolynching Turtle as a response to Citrus flipping scum?

---------- Post automerged at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

I would like explanations specifically from Koalas, Titus, and Jan about why they voted Turtle immediately, no one else.

---------- Post automerged at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Ok. I've decided I hate the automerging.

---------- Post automerged at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------
    Koalas, Titus, Jan

^^^^^

---------- Post automerged at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Blargh. People are reading me as town for shitty reasons. I don't like it.

@fonti- Can you talk more about Jan?

---------- Post automerged at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

For the future- shooting scum D1 and then town leadering makes people feel like they don't really need to participate as much since we're already doing well. And it lets scum just sheep your reads.

---------- Post automerged at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

I actually like TMNT's post there.

My "don't lynch list" is probably Fonti, Von, and Plotless. I'd oppose lynches of TMNT and Turtle, though not as much.

I want to lynch Koala today. I'm fine with a Titus lynch, but Koala is like always scum here but there's a chance that Titus could be town.

vote Koala

This is like half me being more sure that Koala is evil, half me hating town leaders that aren't me. :p

---------- Post automerged at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Ok. Who the fuck keeps deleting posts?

---------- Post automerged at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Because that shit is not kosher.

12. Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit Third Year

Since I re-read the Citrus-Titus- Demon interaction I have to wonder if so many scum would put themselves into the spotlight willingly, they probably aren't aligned or at least Demon and Titus aren't.

Since Citrus was pushing Titus and defending Demon if he was lynched as scum, that would give town cred to Titus while pushing a lynch on Demon.

But as it became apparent that less people were willing to believe in a Scum!Demon scenario Citrus became silent.

As fontisian Threatened to shot Citrus, Titus tried to divert her attention to other targets.

So yeah I'm pretty content with my vote even after going through a re-read of the game.

@LJ Funny thing you are pushing for a vote on one of the two targets Titus told Fonti she would shoot, a previous wagon that makes in my opinion for a timid choice.

13. Titus

Titus Squib

[Vote]Evil[/vote]

Survival vote.

---------- Post automerged at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Vote:Evil

/tenchar

14. Elemental

Elemental Squib

High Score:
    Titus, you role claiming?

15. Titus

Titus Squib

Horus, Crazy VT that runs everywhere. That's claim and paraphrase.

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

It's easy enough to search up posts I've made in the thread, so it's easy enough to see I haven't been focused on one person this game. I'm focused on one person in that post because I was posting only to talk to Titus. She was talking about not posting much because there wasn't stuff happening, so I wanted to engage her and see what her opinions were. Of course, as far as I am aware, that got totally ignored by Titus, so I'm fairly comfortable with this:

Vote: Titus

Also, I'm not sure I believe Horus is in this game. So...

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Can you elaborate on the "runs everywhere" bit, Titus?

18. Blorcyn

ljtrigirl, if you're talking about the quotes/mention tabs where it might say deleted post, then I believe that may be as a result of the auto merge function where it actually deletes one of the posts.

That's how I've reasoned the same thing, Cus I don't think anyone would actually be deleting things.

19. Titus

Titus Squib

Not really. It's not clear to me. The mod just says I am crazy. I'm not familiar with the "American Gods" show so I'm extrapolating. Maybe it's a timewarp thing.

20. Blorcyn

American gods show, oh Titus. Ohhhh Titus. :(