1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else Video Games Thread [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erandil, Oct 28, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ok so I only got about a quarter/third into the new game, but I can tell you a couple things from coverage of the new game and my experiences

1) The present day stuff is least present in this out of all main games (I think this is what you're referring to about the story of Unity?

2) The story of the Frye twins is quite well done and enjoyable, and depending on which one is your preference (Evie for me) you can play mostly as them throughout the game, you are only forced to one or the other for some of the main plot missions, which only make up a portion of the game.

3) One of the lead designers was important to Saint's Row the Third, and this comes through in the takeover-missions, which I found to be really fun

I don't know if you mean meet, or if you mean "meat" him as some sort of sexual slang but I really hope it's the latter, because that would be fantastic.

I recommend this game highly as I may have said already in this thread. I've never liked this series before Syndicate, even the pirate one, but the combat is semi-competent but easy, and the stealth is really easy/simple, and honestly this all adds up to a very fun easy time playing Syndicate.

I've heard AC compared to junk food and I think that's accurate, Syndicate is like a cheap burger or five, tastes good, goes down easy, but don't think about it too much, and don't expect a gourmet steak when you pick it up.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright, I don't play Heroes of the Storm, but Cho'gall sounds all kinds of stupid fun.

Two players, controlling one character.

Only people at Blizzcon and those with a virtual ticket get him free. For everyone else, you need to team up and play him with someone who already has him.

Greymane looks really cool too.

3. Gengar

High Score:
    Anyone else catch that Mass Effect N7 day teaser?

I'm not a huge fan of the series, but...

Isn't Shepherd a dude on 1, 2 and 3's box art? Kinda weird for the voiceover to be femShep's.

Or is that Shep's mum?

Again, not a huge fan, so not clued in.

4. abcdefg

abcdefg Squib

I don't think Shepard has any real canon gender, IIRC they used femShep for a couple of trailers before ME 3.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    I googled the box art before asking, all of them have dudeshep.

I mean, idc, but pick one, or, ideally, don't feature either in promo material.

6. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I played femshep because the voice acting was better. On Bioware forums one of the game devs said there was no canon gender for Shepard.

7. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    FemShep is on the inside of the boxart (read: the alternate art), additionally she's preferred by quite a few fans.

However Male!shep is on the box because Paul Marketing says you can't sell sci-fi if you have a woman on the box (blech)

8. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I've never played as male!shep. Jennifer Hale's voice acting is just sublime.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Sigh, not my point, at all. Whatever.

10. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    Then what was your point

11. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

So I would guess that he wants one true CANON Shepard instead of acknowledging the possibility of characterization... (which in my eyes is a stupid idea that goes contrary to the whole concept behind ME). And ME3 official art has variants of a female shepard (even the boxed version - its just that its inside instead on the cover)

In my eyes having it be a female Shepard who voices to send-off is a very nice gesture to the fanbase (and I would love it if it changes depending on what Shepard you played)

12. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  13. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I am so happy about DQ 7 and 8 coming over, especially 7 as that had become a dead/no-export game to me.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  14. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

15. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    you must have meant "so" happy, because I was talking to you during, and you lost your shit.

~

I am so enthused about Cloud in Smash, it's such a ridiculous pipe dream that I'm honestly unsure that it's even real.

As CG knows, I loved Bravely Default, so the fact that Bravely Second: End Layer got about 4 seconds (this is literal) was disappointing, but they confirmed Spring! that's all I needed... but I want more :/

For those interested in Megaman Legacy amaaaaaacollector's edition with a gold Megaman amiibo in the states... GameStop may or may not only allow 3 of those per location, so pre-order it if you want that amiibo.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    Oh. My. GOD!

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES REMASTERED COMING TO PS4 (which means trophies, finally!)

Doubly exciting is a sequel (seemingly to that specific story) will be coming next year as well.

They're only announced for Japan atm, but there's no fucking way Gravity Rush/ 2 are making their way over and this isn't.

My body isn't ready! 2016 (and most likely early 2017, let's be honest) is crazy.

17. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

Its good to see VC coming off psp and back onto main consoles. Those games stunk.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    They didn't, but I agree with your sentiment otherwise.

19. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Hot damn.

Valkyria was just a joy to play. I played the second game on the PSP which had it's issues, but was still entertaining in its own way.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    That's fair. I kinda liked the 'school' thing, but I wanted the first story to be progressed.

Not open for further replies.