1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Crusader Kings 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Coyote, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Eh, I usually run it on an old beater of a laptop. Just expect horrid loading times and the occasional crash.

2. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

You could probably run it, but I would just try the base game. The past expansions (Old Gods and Charlemagne) greatly exapnd the number of people it has to keep track of. I would also say that the higher speeds (4 and 5x) are probably off limits after 200ish years, along with the terrain map.

3. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Been playing some multiplayer Crusader Kings campaigns with my friends lately. Damn this game is even better with all the scheming, alliances, backstabbing and broken promises that come into play with human players. I'm just about to unite all the Nordic countries under a single Viking flag through some next level bribing and ultimate treachery, dumping 2 of my friends to pick themselves new nations in about 5 more minutes of gameplay. The other one already accepted his fate pretty much, but I can't wait for the look on my other friends face when he gets blindsided with the succession war the next time we boot the game up.

4. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

[​IMG]
    Oh god. Syed is everywhere. ;)

5. Seratin

High Score:
    How does Multiplayer CK2 work? Having to all be online at the same time must be a logistical nightmare. :/

6. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

Not really? Unless you're playing with more than 3/4 players, that is.

The real problem comes from the desyncronisation that occurs when you've played a few decades/centuries in-game.

7. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

And even the desyncronisation isn't a problem with some patience. We just play on the second lowest speed and save on the regular to avoid the desync problems.

Getting 5-6 guys online is no harder than getting them to play some counter strike or League of Legends. We don't play every day, but every couple of days.

8. Celtic Bard

Celtic Bard First Year

High Score:
    Damn, I think I just came to heaven.
    Wanna know the best game I had? Won the Crusade as Gwynedd.
    DEUS fuckin' VULT, bish

Say how many of you guys follow the "Shit Crusader Kings say" subreddit?

9. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Not as cool as Charles The fucking Hammer. Emperor of Cyprus, King of Syria, Crusader King of Jeruselem, Removed Kebag jihadists and fucked the Byzantine Emperor daughter.

Charles the biggest Hammer. ( at this point I wanted to vassalise the Pope)

CHARLES VULT
    ---------------

10. Celtic Bard

Celtic Bard First Year

High Score:
    Mestre
    You sir, made my day.

11. TSN

TSN Auror

I'd join you on those online game whenever.
    could be fun.

12. nsd

nsd Squib

High Score:
    Has anybody been playing the new DLC, Conclave? I'm wondering whether to get it. Before last night, I'd not played vanilla for a pretty long time and I'm not even sure which features are from the recent patch and which were there before (non-aggression pacts, new layout on the laws tab and such). The new vassal relationship stuff in Conclave does intrigue me, but I'm pretty broke at the moment and I'm not sure whether to wait until the price goes down a bit.

13. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Conclave definitely makes the internal politics game a bit more fun. since you need to worry about keeping your council happy and there's a lot more pressure to put powerful vassals on your council instead of Bob, the Lowborn with high stats.

14. nsd

nsd Squib

High Score:
    Well shit, there goes my strategy of converting to Cathar and marrying lowborn women into my court.

15. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    On the bright side, one of the new law options they added was for the status of women, so now if you pass the right laws you can have females on your council without going Cathar. And you can still have lowborns on the Council, it just means some of your powerful vassals might be ticked off.

16. Seratin

High Score:
    Playing a Merchant Republic for the first time. Anyone have any tips as to what I should focus my tech points on?

17. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

Build tradeposts in high tech places (e.g. Constantinople), you'll get tech points quickly that way (and make some money out of it).

Then spend your points on Trade practices and Town infratructure in the tech tab.

18. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Whtch one xD?

edit:
    Seduction focus helps a lot. You can make a lot of bastards which means more trade posts slots.

19. Seratin

High Score:
    Started off as Irish Tribal and founded Merchant Republic instead of going Feudal.

Things like trade posts slots, how land is allocated, he general aim of playing republic are foreign to me after years of solid Feudal play.

For example, my son is a genius but he doesn't even appear to be in my line of succession, instead it's my idiot half brother who's standing to succeed.

20. Mestre

Mestre Professor

I am not 100% sure but I think you can choose your family sucessor.if not kinslayer all the way xD.

You should also focus ugrading your estate and trade posts since you can´t lose then.

I once had a norse republic with a wife,2 cocubines a few lovers and a army of bastards. My master seducer seduced a random queen and she had my son... No one knew and he became King xD.