1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Sales & Gifts Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know it's pointless but I'm still obsessively checking the app every 6 hours. It's a problem.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    EDIT: Wrong thread.

3. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    gods yes.

BF 2 is the best Battlefront game and it's fantastic single player. SW Battlefront 2015 disappointed me really hard because I still play BF 2, and BF 2 has way more depth, great missions, great conquest mode, a ton of fun expansion mods... It's really good and you should buy. everyone should buy this game

4. Slindish

Slindish Squib

High Score:
    I bought Bastion, Hacknet, The Talos Principle, This War of Mine, and Gravity Ghost on the first day. 100%'d Hacknet yesterday - really fun game, if you like that sort of thing. I'm replaying through Bastion over the next few days and getting to the others when I can just slump into some video games.

If anyone wants my second copy of Gravity ghost, let me know. Every purchase of it comes with an extra copy. If someone does want to buy it for the extra copy, I've heard if you buy it through Humble Bundle you get an extra steam key, and both of those generate an extra copy. Don't quote me on that though.

5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

This was pretty great. Need some time to digest it.

6. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

If anybody is playing XCOM, go to nexusmods and download their Long War mod. Expands the game to new horizons and its well worth the hassle of downloading the mod.

7. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

The Beginner's Guide. Hmm.

To add a contrasting opinion, I thought it was bizarre, and also not fun. It felt like a weird sort of therapy that I was providing to the creator by playing it, except that I had to pay 6$ to my patient rather than the other way around.

To be fair, it's not horrible. There was a 2-3 minute span on the "House" level that I rather liked. I can't say it's worth $6 though.

8. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

If anyone's from India, Elite: Dangerous is on sale for 100 Rs. That's like $1.50.

9. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

the fuck.

Elite Dangerous is a fucking amazing game.

If you do not have it and like space games its a must buy.

10. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Out of curiosity, why does it only have 68% positive reviews on steam?

I've been looking at it, the trailers look interesting, but every time I check the page the % of positive reviews has dropped farther.

11. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It is a fantastic piece of art, but it isn't fun. It's a heavy, ponderous, at times emotionally raw experience. I'm glad that I played it, but I know that I'd never be able to play it twice. In format, it's kind of like a cross between an indie documentary film and a video game. You as a player have to cooperate with the narrator to explore Coda's catalog of past games together.

It certainly isn't for everyone. I'm not even sure if it's "for me". Well worth $6 for something unique and short though.

Did someone made a decimal mistake there? It's $14.99USD elsewhere.

12. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because people are idiots. They want everything that Star Citizen promised now, even if they'll never get it.

Edit: in reference to E:D's low rating.

13. Jon

No idea.

It's more of a spaceship sim, so maybe people kind of miss the point?

14. Dye

Dye Second Year DLP Supporter

Some people don't like ED because it can get quite repetitive. If you are a trader then all you do is buy commodities, plot a route, sell your commodities and then rinse and repeat. If you are a pirate all you do is fly around in supercruise, interdict someone every 10 minutes and steal their shit. That said, I love the game as it just feels brilliant. Every time I exit a dock I nerdgasm, and every time I steal a traders cargo I feel like a badass.

The game may not have as many features as something like No Mans Sky (if it ever comes out) or Star Citizen but it does what it was designed to do: Be a good space ship simulator that isn't so complex that you getting bogged down in the minutiae (look at me, I used a fancy word) and isn't repitition a hallmark of every simulator?

I bought the game when it was discounted but I would happily pay full price for it, and if you do want more gameplay/features then you could get the Horizons DLC which is going to allow planet landings and exploration, ships that can be crewed by multiple people and ships that can launch other ships :) O ma gerd!!!1

When the Occulus Rift comes out I'm going to put hundreds of hours into this game RPing as Malcolm Reynolds.

15. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

Nah. Since Indian currency was introduced after ED:Horizons is available for purchase, nobody in their right mind would buy ED since ED:H already contains it.

So, ED was put up at Rs 200 ($3), and ED:H was put up at Rs 3960 ($60).

They can't change other region ED's prices which are already set because of people who bought it before ED:H is out.

Fortunately, once I bought ED for Rs 100 ($1.50), I got 25% discount on ED:H :D

@Iztiak, the game has such low ratings because of 2 issues. First is the repetitiveness @Dye was talking about. And second one is because of the whole ED:H Seasons pass controversy which pissed a lot of existing ED players.

/cc @Jon

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  16. Jon

That... sounds about right.

I was quite salty about that, though I didnt post an angry review.

17. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Stay away from Steam at the moment, it's fucked.

Showing random people's store pages and such. People aren't sure what's wrong, but something's very, very off. I'd stay away and just not touch it until it's passed.

Like.. people are trying to log in and they log in randomly as someone else.

18. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Heh, I got my own account, but the store is in polish. Trying to change the language just gets me an error message.

19. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

https://twitter.com/SteamDB

20. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

and then download my rebalance of Long War because there's a lot of really stupid and dumb and annoying design decisions in the base LW.

Also you should probably have finished regular Enemy Within on at least Classic first because there's a lot of stupid difficulty in LW by default, and you're kinda screwed if you haven't played the game much before.