1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Sales & Gifts Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Nov 28, 2010.

1. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

Someone used that and didn't say thanks, what twats :p

Edit :: Here's something everyone can get free all you need is a valid email. http://failmid.com/game/power-up-100-discount/ Over

Edit 2 :: Here's a link for a free copy of Nux from Indiegala
    https://www.indiegala.com/promo#banner_form_box
    Over

Edit 3 :: Another free game
    http://failmid.com/game/flix-the-flea-100-discount/

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. bolko7

bolko7 Second Year DLP Supporter

3. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone in the UK— Witcher 3 for less than a pound.

I redeemed it 5 minutes ago and it seems to work fine.

EDIT: May actually have already gone. Sorry folks.

4. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Didn't realize it hasn't been mentioned, but The Hunble Store is having the last day of its winter sale, and there are some good deals on quality games

I highly recommend the recently released Kingdom which is 33% off I've put hours into this and it's a really fun game that doesn't tell you much, instead you figure out the mechanics for yourself mostly.

Darkest Dungeon at 20% off, and it's a brand new release

Her Story at 40% off ($3.49 USD) - fantastic FMV game where you use interview footage to investigate a murder

Invisible Inc at 50% off - roguelike SRPG with a great cyberpunk flavor

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll second Invisible Inc.

It's like a crossover between Shadowrun Returns and Metal Gear Solid. The emphasis is on stealth more than killing the enemy, to the point where being discovered means death more often than not. It's a fun game though, especially on the first play through, but it does have procedurally generated levels so there's plenty of replay value too.

6. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

7. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Not sure if anyone's said yet, but Jade Empire Special Edition is free on origin right now.

8. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Ooooh Papers, Please! I've seen it, pretty awesome little game.

Cheers for this warlocke.

9. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

10. 9th Doctor

9th Doctor Groundskeeper

Just picked up the Star Wars collection- 70% off. RIP my productivity. I haven't played most of these games.

11. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I answered the quiz questions (missed one or two, that totally makes him look fat), what now? I don't see any Submit buttons or anything, how does it work?

13. Oddball8

Oddball8 First Year

High Score:
    I have a uplay key for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory! I got it out of the most recent Humble Bundle. If anyone wants it just PM me and ask! First come first serve!

Has anyone else read much of Tom Clancy's stuff? I read lots of his work! I think my favorite of his books is still Without Remose, which I felt focused more on telling a story about one guy (John Kelly AKA Clark) than on huge political ramifications of things. The latter is interesting but it sometimes seems to drag in his books. I read Without Remose when I was a kid and it really stuck with me! There are some disturbing bits, like I never forgot this one scene where this dude was torturing these women by using pliers on their breasts to squeeze them or something else equally disturbing. And it was the book that taught me what the Bends were! Nitrogen bubbles! So a lot of unrelated things that I still remember, but I liked that one.

I read Rainbow Six later, which is good, but not quite as good. Plus some other stuff with the other character, Jack Ryan, who tends to be more of a politics dude (I think) than a straight up badass, but those were fun too. Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger (which I think had Clark in it too), Sum of All Fears, Debt of Honor, and so on! Probably a few more in there, but I know I didn't read all of them, and I read quite a few of them out of order I think. My favorite out of this series was probably Patriot Games, which I think was Ryan's origin story (like Without Remorse was Clark's). That sort of ties into my thoughts again about how those stories are more tightly character focused than big worldwide events, but there was still some of that coolness going on too!

Wow this is making me want to read them again! I didn't read any of the later ones, but anyway I don't think Splinter Cell was a book, at least not one that I heard of. I think they made Rainbow Six into a game, and that seems like the sort of story that would work well as a game, but I haven't played it.

Oh, and Chaos Theory is cool in general if you ever decide to read up on it! But I suspect that's not why they named the game that.

So yeah yay!

Edit: How about you guys, Jarik, Plotless, Nemrut, Fardeki, Shinysavage, MoltenCheese ? You've all been super cool on this forum so far. I know that not a lot of people use uplay (I don't!) but if you do then you can have it for sure.

14. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Answering all the questions reveals the link below the last question.

That link takes you to another page where you click "Check Requirements" and, if you pass*, it takes you to the giveaway page.

*because I'm testing out sgtools.

15. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I answered the questions and clicked the link to SGtools (which I've used before as well), but I don't appear to have entered anything. I just went to a sign-in page, signed in, then was on a generic page.

But rock on dude. Fun to test yeah? Bumped your thread too.

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    No link appeared. Do I have to answer everything correctly?

17. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Hmm...
    I'm not sure what's going wrong there, since the giveaway has some entries already.

If all else fails, I'd try going back to the quiz and clicking the sgtools link again.

That would definitely be a yes.

Also...

18. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I suspect it's something to do with my script blocker - I allowed scripts after it tried to send me somewhere, and that screws with forms sometimes. I'm not overly worried about it - is the pinball game good, btw?

19. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

It really depends on whether you're a fan of pinball games, and how good at them you are, I suppose.

You can try out the tables you don't own, and since I don't own the Deadpool table, I've only played it in the brief moments you can try one out for. I kind of suck at pinball games, too, so it's hard to say how good the Deadpool table may or may not be.

I can say that the table that comes free with Pinball FX2, Sorcerer's Lair, is a really nice one, and the South Park tables are pretty good, too.

I'm not a big fan of their numerous Star Wars tables, but I'm not sure if that's because they are sub par or because I'm just no good at pinball games. :?

tl;dr
    An unhelpful, 'Maybe, maybe not.'

EDIT: I should also note that, for those who are interested in pinball games, there is also Pinball Arcade on Steam. It too is free to download, but (again) the tables are sold separately and are recreations of real pinball games you may have played in an arcade.

I haven't tried it yet (the 7.4GB download will take ages on my connection).

I'm particularly intrigued about these being real pinball games, because one of the DLC tables is The Addams Family, which was (is?) the best selling pinball game of all time, and one of the most celebrated/respected.

The DLC packs are damned expensive, too. The pack with The Addams Family contains 10 tables and costs $29.99 ($39.99 for the "pro" version). Ouch. It probably comes out to about what the Pinball FX2 tables cost, but with those you can buy them individually, for the most part. With this it's a bit closer to all or nothing.

I'm sure the high price is because they're not only paying to produce the video game counterparts to those original pinball tables, they also have to pay fees to both the people who created the originals and the license holders for the various properties those pinball tables were based on, like Elvira, Star Trek, Terminator, and so on.

Knowing that doesn't make it any easier to afford, though. I guess if you're a big enough fan of the originals...

If they remake the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pinball game, though, I may have to break open the metaphorical piggy bank... It was the first real pinball game I ever played, out of a small handful.

20. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor