1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by fontisian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

At that time, I felt like he was doing a good job of flowing with the fluff of the thread - those reads didn't actually stick out that hard to me even though there wasn't much substance behind them, the only reason I turned my head was because it didn't really match my read on him, and then I REALLY didn't like the lack of reason because it's what pinged me in the first place

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

True .. the day has not had a lot of action .. i am hoping for something within the next 2 hours .. after that i will most likely check back in myself, because we need some fire and content in the last 24 hours.

I have a few people i might be willing to vote on, and others that i kinda like .. but i am also curious to see others do some work first, because some people have been quite underwhelming.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

[OoG] <3 much appreciated Snowvon [/OoG]

---------- Post automerged at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Sorry to hear about that, hope insurance kicks in in your favor/things work out!

---------- Post automerged at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

I didn't even realize how bad this snowstorm was (as I live all the way down in good old Texas), but stay safe + warm + all those good things!

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

btw. if anyone wants to do some realtime stuff, let me know .. kinda around, might join a videomafia game if i get bored, but outside of that i am more or less around.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Town
    Citrus

Aria
    dLGN, lochNess
    Snowvon
    KaiDASH
    Plotless
    Null Fluffiness
    Jan
    Cobalt

Scum

Hard to read for me: Prophylaxis, Jan, SlipperyAx

I have my name in the spectrum as a point of reference for spacing in the read-wall.

I'm just about confident enough in Aria to call her town-block level town.
    dLGN and Lochness both feel very town to me tonally, going off the previous game with them here as a point of reference.
    Snowvon I am less confident on him being town than I usually am at this point in the game, but I do think he is town (to a lesser degree than usual basically) + he feels gut-town to me as well
    Kai I'm feeling town on him, and I usually scum-read him, which could be a sign that I get reverse reads on him and he's scum, but I think he's town anyways so ignore logic woo
    Plotless is lean-town, but he's not a strong town-read. I had him lean-scum til his most recent readwall
    Fluffiness's posts thus far as lackluster as usual for games where he is very very inactive, but he's getting replaced so we'll see
    Jan I'm feeling scum-vibes from, something about his posts feels eerily similar to his recent scum-games on here
    And I feel warmly confident on Cobalt being scum

I have a lot of trouble reading proph, jan, slippery. Prophylaxis is someone I think I'll have a pretty solid + accurate read on around Day 2-3. Jan I don't think I can read tonally, which is pushing him into a scumread by proxy of not tonally townreading anything from him. Slipperyax, reading through his posts I'm not sure he's a player I can tonally read, and most of my reads are tonal thus far considering how early in the game we are.

Anyone who disagrees with my reads, this is the point where you jump in and aggressively point it out so I can A) elaborate on whichever read you disagree with and B) figure out if you're right in disagreeing or not

---------- Post automerged at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

I'm around for the next ~20 minutes before I leave for dinner, if you have anything in mind

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Ok so you read me scummy .. but you also cannot read me.

that is .. odd? But whatever .. bot slip and proph, you admit to not being able to read and didnt place them on your scale ..

Can you give anything on cobalt, like a accusation with reasoning?

Since i want get some wagons going soon in this game, i am curious about real townreads.

---------- Post automerged at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 ----------

Also both kai and proph have read dlgn scummy earlier on, and i do agree with their read on him.
    Do you have any idea about it? You read him town, but what do you think about their accusation?

---------- Post automerged at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 ----------

I think your reads are garbage tbh, but you also have not played the game at all and seem to not have read all of the thread completly. at least part of you feel like it.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'll take explanations for your reads on Cobalt, dLGN, and LochNess for $300.

Disagree that dLGN feels similar to last game. He was like, my top townread (discarding certain periods where I scumread him due to paranoia + echoing fontisian so blatantly).

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I just noticed Waco The Kid disappeared from my wall? I have him as around lean-town personally, I got both town-vibes and weird-vibes from him

Cobalt:

Felt some irritation about Aria being townread that felt more scum-perspective than town-perspective, especially because she's new (scum don't like newb!town reads occurring because it narrows the lynch pool for them)

His reads are drastically different from mine, to the point where I question if they're genuine reads

Of my experiences with him, he feels a little...different from those games. In those games he tended to take charge in terms of things like "guys I think we should do X" or "no seriously X is the best idea". He seems a little...less assertive this game. Like with his point about what apprentice should pick, it's kinda more thrown out there - and this point especially I'd expect him to have a stance and be relatively assertive about, but he just puts it out there

---------- Post automerged at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

I agree with the scum-reading for his first post, I'm townreading him mostly for the series in #57 and to a lesser extent #53. They feel tonally very similar to his previous game here to me, at a subtle level as well that I think would be harder to fake

---------- Post automerged at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

^the above was for dLGN

LochNess:

Considering he was town and got mislynched last game, his level of straightforwardness feels genuine and similar to last game here. There was a specific 2 posts that pinged me as very townish

More so this one:

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

For the Aria townread: he just finished a game where someone on the scumteam sorta-kinda used and abused the newbie card and probably would have won off of it had one of his teammates not been Cop'd. I think he's just being a little more careful about underestimating new people.

The reads thing is also meh, since. Pretty much all of his reads were wrong in Tinyhunt?

I do agree with you on him being less assertive/leader-y. It's just one of those 'ehhh' things that's There but doesn't significantly change the townread.

---------- Post automerged at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

also pretty sure Loch is a girl

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I don't think scum normally bother trying to fight a single new player being townread, those are normally quite easy to guide in the direction you want them to go, if you get townread yourself, as scum.

If it were as many new players as we had in the american gods game, i would agree, because half the game clearing themselves through newishness, scum have to fight that and spread paranoia.
    Not a lot of need for one player.

Can you tell me which other games youa re refering to? We both played 3 other games with him, i tihnk. maybe you played more, because in 2/3 of those games he was very passive for the most part, because he was swamped with stuff outside of the game.
    and only the last game he was balls in your face active/aggressive.

But maybe you have more reference points than i do.

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hmm, that's pretty relevant then, on the first point. I'm going out to dinner now so I'll re-evaluate later tonight if I can and see how I feel

Why are you town-reading him then?

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Both Von and Citrus - If you had to pick 2 people to be the wagons for this day, who would those be and why?

---------- Post automerged at 01:37 ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 ----------

Well if citrud elaves then this is only for von

---------- Post automerged at 01:38 ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 ----------

citrus leaves*

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Cobalt? The last game he was in here I think, the one where he was priest (JTM Witch Hunt - http://jesustoastmafia.com/index.php/topic,485.0.html)

And then I think the last DLP witch hunt he was in. I gotta go but I can find the link when I get back if you still need it

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

we both played dlp witchhunt/tinyhunt and jtm revenge game with him.

i also played the first dm forumgame with him, but you didnt bother to show up for that one at got replaced :p

no need to post his games for me. it was more about in which game exactly you felt that he was palying the way you described it.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

In addition to his general laid-back demeanor, he's definitely leaning more towards 'figuring things out' than pushing an agenda.

Also I modded his last game and feel like I was able to peer into his head a bit, since he used me as his QT a bit.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Fluffiness if he wasn't replacing out.
    Hmm. I don't actually know. Interpreting this as literally a kingmaker where I pick two people and they are the only lynchable players literally this moment cant delay:
    Cobalt and SlipperyAx or Waco. Mmm. I don't have my mind made up and I have to go, I guess SlipperyAx as the second half of the pair

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You and dLGN.

For the aesthetic.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

so you want to kill dlgn?

because considering the reads on me at this point, there is close to no way to get me lynched. :D

But i agree, dLGN and I are very sexy - whereever we are!

20. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I've been too busy to post today, but I'll be back tomorrow.