1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by fontisian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

If nothing else, at the end of this game we can just archive it and refer people back to it whenever we play WH as "here's why outing your role and just doing whatever the fuck you want with it is terrible" 101.

---------- Post automerged at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

btw if Slip is real then I'm giving myself props for that read. Proph is a tough, tough read but I had him as gut lean town the entire game so hah suck it.

inb4 Kai says he checked Proph mafia.

2. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    Prophylaxis was insistent enough that I answer questions but refused to spell out the question that wasn't answered to his satisfaction. Then there was the quotations which included one talking about Snowvon while insisting it was a conversation relevant to dLGN and my positions on him.

There was also a fudge factor involved in my check in case Cobalt was a witch if I didn't just die in the night so I didn't want to check Newcomb who came at me really hard or Jan who counter claimed me as I thought those would be sort of obvious checks to mess with.

Aria is new to the game so could she lead the game to victory later on in the game if my check was on her and she came back not in a witches Coven.

dLGN is a bad check and that also means Citrus is a bad check as it only provides a single source of information. I have already explained why I would never check Kaidash.

I could go into my reasons for the other people.

Waco had dropped off so checking him only gets people at the start of the game.

Plotless has an extra life so checking him requires the Judge to out if he comes back as a witch.

Enough roles have already outed as far as I am concerned. Also no clue on the alignment of the Judge unless its exactly Prophylaxis which I wouldn't know if I checked Plotless.

Should I go on ?

3. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    SlipperyAxII

Plotless doesn't have an extra life? And if he is witch with extra life, wouldn't we want to know earlier on?

I'm new so I can lead the town to victory? What?

I guess I understand your reasonings for the other people you named.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I'm unclaiming Priest.

---------- Post automerged at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Yes, that's why I mentioned DOB as the primary thought and the LC as an afterthought for completeness.

5. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I appreciate Newcomb with all his "helpful criticism" increasing my "deep love" of being a variation of "cop" even more which clearly will help me play the role better.

---------- Post automerged at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

dLGN gave Plotless an extra life on day one based on my understanding of how the role works.

6. Newcomb

Dude, you literally outed under light pressure on D1 in a WH setup. You really don't have a lot of room to talk.

7. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    Aria I am saying if I checked you and you come back as town you as a brand new player will have harder time getting people to follow your lead.

8. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Okay, so we have a good number of people we can treat as town for today.
    dLGN
    Citrus
    Slippery
    Proph

Cobalt?
    Plotless?

9. Newcomb

The first four are town unless you want to start doing suuuuuper sketch -EV WIFOM plays like "witch!Citrus self-shoots to hardclear his partner dLGN," which, like, no.

Cobalt's EoD when he came back was like 99% town and for him to be mafia that means Plotless AND Snowvon are mafia. That's only a little bit more likely than the above, which is still like <1%.

Plotless could be trueclaiming as mafia and giving a good result; Snowvon's check means nothing there, and if PT target knows he's peeked it would mean Plotless knows he has to give a good result, or they could have shot Snowvon I suppose.

---------- Post automerged at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Part of me just wants to assume Plotless is real and just chain-lynch through the unconfirmed, including myself.

Can someone run the math, like is that literally auto?

10. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Ya, that's why I put the none completely townconfirmed in question marks.

For today, I wanna lynch between KaiDASH, Waco, Loch, and Snowvon.

Jan, Newcomb, and Plotless only if something significant happens.

11. SlipperyAxII

SlipperyAxII Muggle

High Score:
    I will explain it once very clearly so it can be dropped or you can bring it back up which is on you at that point. Someone comes in all energetic full of fire in a slower thread with less than 20 hours before the end of the day.

That person gets two people to already align with them in voting by declaring that guy is always a witch in this game. Another person who is already uncertain is mentioning voting as well. One person is hard defending the other person being considered. That person hard claims Nurse. So now that is 6 people who are willing to vote at that point on me. I wonder what happens at End of Day if I wait until the last minute to claim.
    Newcomb If you wish to continue this conversation I will not engage with you. You can kvetch about how I wasn't playing super towny which a valid complaint. You can kvetch about how that check isn't what you would do or not do which is fine. I haven't responded to any of your other kvetching because I probably shouldn't have mentioned mets who was also absolutely certain about his read which is also valid complaint I guess.

I am done with this and moving on to kill witches now who I am still not certain on. The combination of the tutorial remark and several other things are why I wrote this.

12. Newcomb

[​IMG]

13. KaiDASH

It probably wins if Plotless is actually town. The amount of viable nk's for witches is small enough that a protect is reasonably likely, so that's a thing too.

On the other hand, claiming GD then being afk is not a good look.

14. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Why can't we just chain-lynch through unconfirmed and add Plotless to the list?

15. KaiDASH

Because if we want to lynch plotless, we need the judge to do so, so the longer we wait, the more likely it is that the judge will be dead.

16. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    dLGN Did you give plotless an extra life?

17. KaiDASH

He gave 'the gravedigger' an extra life.

plotless is the gravedigger.

18. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Confirming self as town.

The last time I was publicly townfirmed I played one of my worst games ever so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

19. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Oh. Just reread. I thought it was supposed to publicly activate in the mod posts, got confused.

20. KaiDASH

Hey proph if I wanted to transparently handshake you about a thing would this be a good or bad way of going about it?