1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else Video Games Thread [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erandil, Oct 28, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. ???

??? Squib

High Score:
    Riot Games bought out Radiant Entertainment and cancelled Rising Thunder :(

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Posted about it earlier. I don't see a reason for Riot to buy them unless they want their own fighting game in the exact same style.

So unless you were super attached to the robots (understandable, they were pretty cool), I suspect Rising Thunder hasn't gone anywhere - it's just getting a coat of LoL paint.

3. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Playing Radiant Historia on the DS at the moment, really solid game though it can feel like it's occasionally repetitive (two separate timelines and you flit between both occasionally having to repeat past missions etc; for new info) overall though it's interesting and the story is pretty solid 8/10

On the PS4 balancing my time between The Division and AC: Syndicate and just got the Tomb Raider remake from 3 or so years back to try out whenever I get the time.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    Fell back into the Diablo 3 hole again (ps4)... Such a good game.

It's actually realistic for non crazies to complete sets now too. I'm a good roll on amulet/ring away from full Firebirds and have a full Vyr build. Almost have Helltooth pet build finished too...

Fun.

Edit: Oh, and Salt and Sanctuary is out this week on ps4/vita/pc. It's a 2d souls game that I've been following for ages. Can't wait!

5. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

System Shock 1 Remastered Pre-Alpha Gameplay

6. _GitGud_

_GitGud_ Fourth Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
  7. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is the attitude I like to see about this lol.

As long as HD remasters are well executed I think they're a good thing, the ones that are actually suck won't be bought, but if it means we get things like System Shock 1 and FF VII remade I think a few shitty/unnecessary ones existing is an acceptable cost.

8. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

9. Gengar

High Score:
    PSVR $399, £350, €399

Release October

80 games by end of year.

EA and Lucas making exclusive AAA Star Wars game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Obsidian Entertainment has announced a new RPG at the Paradox GDC press conference. It's called Tyranny.

Due "at some point in 2016, Tyranny won't be a successor to Pillars of Eternity, but it will run on the same engine.

This time out you create a character who played a principal role in the domination of this land. Dubbed the "Fatebinder", you'll customise not only their look but also their history as you select certain decisions they made in the recent upheaval. These will drastically effect the state of the world, and Obsidian promises many branching storylines.

Tyranny Announcement Teaser Trailer

Screenshots are in the spoiler:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    50 games,

EA and Lucas making a VR version of the existing Battlefront game, past that we don't know unless you heard something I missed.

Tyranny looks fucking DOPE

12. Gengar

High Score:
    My bad.

I didn't hear 'VR version' of Battlefront, which is unlikely anyway. Everyone pretty much universally agrees FPSs aren't ready for VR atm.

They said 'Battlefront Experience' though, didn't they? Could be strictly ship combat imo.

13. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tyranny looks like Pillars of Eternity to me, but I agree looks dope.

14. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Apparently you play as the villain, so I'm excited.

15. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Anyone playing Grim Dawn? Pretty good ARPG, made by the same people that made Titan Quest, and it's a good successor to it. Good spread of skills and classes, pretty cool and dark world. If you see it on sale, I recommend it - I enjoy it as much as PoE, but in a different way.

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Done a fair bit of Grim Dawn myself. It's nice to have seen it evolve from what it was when I first got it a couple of years ago.

17. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Stellaris and Hearts of Iron IV have definitive release dates.

9th of May for the former and 6th of June for the latter.

18. Gengar

High Score:
  19. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    agh you're right, I was going off the live reports from eurogamer at the time. Both of us were mistaken it seems lol

also Hero of Stupidity it looking like Pillars makes sense since as Odran said

20. junkseer2

junkseer2 First Year

High Score:
    I've been a bit bummed about not being able to play any new games i like lately since my laptop's dogcrap. Installed The Sunless Sea yesterday and i'm 20 hours in, a very interesting, lore-rich game. Amazing writing, non-linear, no idea where it's going yet. I'd suggest not spoiling yourself with any beginner's tips until at least your 2nd or 3rd permadeath. Still haven't looked at any myself.
    You play as a captain of a ship sailing the Untersee, an underground sea that contains various supernatural locations. The main city is London, now called Fallen London after it's been dragged underground by bats. You sail all over the place, increasing your captain's proficiencies, upgrading your ship and doing various tasks,quests, monster-smashing raids. You need supplies and fuel to sail, you die if you run out of those or your ship is sunk, maybe if you also lose all sailors, haven't tried that yet. There's also a terror count from sailing the sunless sea, presumably you go mad when it reaches 100, hasn't happened to me yet. There are 2 modes - hardcore and normal. Every captain dies permanently and you get a new one, but as you progress you can do stuff like leave an Ironclad Will to save some of the progress(cash/exp/weapon/etc). The difference in modes - hardcore is Autosave-only, while in normal you can do manual saves. Game is only about 300mb, easy to run/install on almost anythign with a screen. 10/10 from me.

Not open for further replies.