1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Sales & Gifts Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Steam has a Borderlands Franchise sale going on right now. It includes Borderlands 1 + DLC, Borderlands 2, and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

It's priced according to what you already own, though; so if you already have the first two games, like me, then you only get the Pre-Sequel... for $4.80 (it's 15.99 if you buy it on its own)!

Between the declining quality of the series and the fact that one of Gearbox's employees had severely pissed me off, I swore I wasn't going to buy this game until I could get it for $9 or less. $4.80 will do quite nicely. :mrgreen:

2. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Not sure how it's only costing you 4.80$, Pre-Sequel alone without the season pass is 15.99$ CDN.

I wish my currency hit as hard as yours does.

3. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

USD and it's 4.80 for me too. Log in and, as long as you have the other stuff already, price drops like a rock.

4. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

As Warlocke said, it depends on which of the games you already own.

5. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

6. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You fucking sadist. It couldn't be a nice landscape or something recognisable. It's looks like Santa's elves gorged themselves on Christmas tree decorations and egg nog until they vomited it all up on an oversized kaleidoscope.

I already own the game but I had to finish the puzzle anyway. The power of Warlocke compelled me. ;)

7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I did the puzzle, it took me 30 fucking minutes.

Apparently I have a win unclaimed or something, but no matter. The jigsaw was fun.

8. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

15 minutes for me, but I've grown up with much larger and harder puzzles.

I don't even know what i was supposed to do once i finished. Was i supposed to write down the link? It didn't let me copy it. Blah. Oh well, puzzles are fun.

9. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Yeah, the link is the invite to the giveaway.

yak
  10. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Ha! I started with it being 200 or so pieces and completed three different versions of the darn thing myself until I decided 88 was small enough not to be a pain. It's actually pretty easy if you start with the border then work from the center out.

Now... you want to see sadistic? Someone put this puzzle up. It's white rabbits in the snow. Really just one rabbit with one or two tiny ones in the foreground. And the photo hasn't been color corrected, so it's just this unbroken field of blue. 494 pieces.

Here was my effort.

EDIT: I just saw someone post one that's 140 pieces of white... with puzzle piece outlines on it.

And that's as it should be. :awesome

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  11. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

You, sir, are a steamgifts!asshole.

And fun times Warlocke. I've been stockpiling some extra games in case I ever want to use SG for a bit of advertising (blog with a game review or something). I notice a ton of people will put up a game and then post a link.

I did that with a survey a while back (do you prefer light on dark online, or dark text on light?) and got about 200 responses, so apparently people will click things.

12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    It would help if I knew exactly how those things work. When I checked what was unclaimed it said Guns n Zombies, but then I go to Steam Gifts and I have it checked as 'Received'. I dunno.

13. Ched

The way it works for a winner is more or less as follows.

1. You win! SteamGifts will announce it when you visit the site. It's impossible to miss.
    2. You either click on the "Claim Gift" award when it's announced, or you go to your "Giveaways Won" page accessible by clicking on the little trophy icon near your name in the top right.
    3. Your game will be provided in one of a few ways, either via a key (which will be listed on the page mentioned), via a Steam Gift (in which case you'll need to accept a friend invite from the person), or possibly via e-mail (so don't use a fake e-mail when you sign up).
    4. Once you have acquired your gift (and give them a bit of time, they aren't on SG 24/7), you need to go mark that you received the gift on the "Giveaways Won" page.
    Which you did, apparently. I'm pretty sure you won that Guns N Zombies from me, and there's no way I'd have let you get away with leaving it unclaimed. :p So thanks!

It's possible that you won something else then never visited the site again to claim it. In which case whoever was trying to give it to you probably gave up and requested a new winner.

But that really sucks, because it's like 2 weeks or something before they can, and they're sitting there trying to give it to you forever, and it's screwing with them because they have to prove that they tried to contact you, and then they have to keep up with the gift they were trying to get rid of, etc.

If you're going to enter to try and win a gift, at least remember to check back every few days to see if you won something!

14. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The email I provided is correct and I check it regularly, so I would have noticed if someone emailed me.

When I followed Warlocke's jigsaw link and checked requirements it told me that Guns n Zombies wasn't claimed, but then I went to SteamGifts and it was claimed. So I'm not sure how I messed up.

15. Ched

Oh, that's easy. You didn't activate it.
    Warlocke is probably using something like SGtools to check if you've been activating the gifts you've won (i.e. placing them into your Steam account) or just keeping them (possibly to re-gift or re-sell).

I just checked you, and that's apparently what you've done. You won Guns N Zombies. I gave it to you (either via key or gift), but you never activated it. I.e. you never input the key into steam or else clicked on the gift and hit 'add to library.'

yak
  16. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

lol I did this one after it ended, wasn't paying attention to the date xD

17. Ched

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  18. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition is 50% off on steam.

19. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

20. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The random link and signature full of advertising says "No, do not trust link," but the post count and join date say "Eh, it's fine."

I'm gonna stay away, I think.