1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Fleur Community

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Methene, Nov 22, 2007.

1. EmeraldGuardian

EmeraldGuardian First Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is slightly unrelated but I just noticed this since I'm new around here... is there some kind of Story about Joe and Joe's Nemesis... I feel like I'm missing out on something here unless its a complete coincidence.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Complete coincidence. They're the best of pals.

Joe
  3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I have exclusive images of Joe and EC interacting in real life.

http://i.imgur.com/rAeIvbU.gifv

4. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Feel free to take ideas and stuff wholesale from my Bond!Harry fic. It's deader than a doornail in a condemned building.

Let me point you to this which was a crowdsourced idea thread for the fic.

I'm kind of sad it died, but I'd written the third chapter so fucking poorly that I didn't even want to think about it or look at it. The idea was, as it stood, pretty sound.

Post-Voldemort, with a jaded Harry who still had a couple of spells left in him and more than a couple of Dumbledore's secrets, a Hermione as Ms. Moneypenny, a Minerva as M (played, of course, by Dame Judi Dench in my mindscape wooooo), a dead Bill Weasley who was going to be the series' Alex Trevelyan, a Fleur Delacour modeled after my favorite Bond girl - Vesper, etc etc.

5. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Let's just say Joe's Nemesis brought a gun to a knife fight - AND LOST. He got off a few good shots, but once that clip ran dry, and his emergency back-up clip and ankle gun were expended, I was still standing. Well, if I'm being honest, at that point he used the gun as a knife and stabbed me in my hearty side meat. The fool only hit my whisky gut armour.

Treading dangerous waters. In summary, he killed my father and did wrong by my sister. I won't rest until I've had my revenge.

OT: I'll plot this properly and post some ideas later. Going to be a good writing day - got the anthology, some Unfound Door, and original stuff. Bring the noise!

What are our thoughts on the Elder Wand still being around? It was mentioned earlier, but I can think of a few uses for it - namely, Harry attracting unwanted attention, perhaps in a way tied to Fleur and her chosen employment after the war.

6. mort

mort Groundskeeper

Could be a valid reason for why the local magical government goes to Harry for troubleshooting. Say the knowledge that he has the Elder Wand has become a poorly kept secret and every once in a while somebody challenges Harry for it, only to get their ass beat. Result being that Harry now has built a reputation outside of his role in Voldemort's defeat- something that the locals have seen firsthand, even.
    So when dark wizards or other assorted nasties start causing problems that your average joe in the police department can't fix, well, they know who to call.

Can't think of how it would tie in with Fleur though. There's the obvious Gringotts connection with old, priceless artifacts, but you could also go for the non-human magical creatures and their history with wands aspect of it if you're feeling inspired.

7. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

How about Fleur challenges Harry to battle and somehow gets soul bonded to him in the process.

8. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

9. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

The sad thing is a soul bond fic could work, but people have fucked up the idea so badly that everyone hates it.

10. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

The sad thing is is that this is 2016 and people still legit want to see soul bonds for some reason.

11. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I just want to see a good one from a good author. Taure's fic "In Essence Divided" comes closest even though it's not technically a soul bond fic and its 5/5 easily.

12. mort

mort Groundskeeper

Technically we already have a soul bond story.
    In canon that is. Remember all the angst, the headaches and drama that went down in book 5? Yeah, and you want to add romance to that? No thanks.
    Although a horror one shot could be engaging...

13. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Error of Soul by Materia-Blade was legitimately well-written though I'm fairly certain it was abandoned in 2013. It was Hermione/Harry of course. A Mother-in-Law's Love by our own Perspicacity is an excellent twist on the idea (and is complete). Technically, one of the best (early) Harry Potter fanfics (IMO) -- Thalarian's Queen's of Darkness, Ladies of Light -- can be counted as a soul bond fic (though most would label it a harem fic). There's also that horribly dark one shot where Gabrielle accidentally bonds with Harry and... yeah, I'm sure a few of you remember what I'm talking about.

By and large, they are horrible, but there a few that are too good to lump in with the rest.

14. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Water_Mage made it work. Its doable, hard, but doable. Only it has to sucks, because you know, fuxking souls arent meant to be shared

15. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

The point, the one that so many fanfic authors have failed to grasp, is that the story should be pulled off without any bullshit deus ex machina forcing the two together. So no bloody soul bonds.

16. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If anyone ruins an otherwise good Harry/Fleur fic with soul bond nonsense I swear to god I'll update Magician with Draco following Harry to the DFverse because they were bonded lovers back home.

17. EmeraldGuardian

High Score:
    I think the only thing worse than a soulbond fic is a suddenly Veela!Draco who needs to soulbond with Harry or he'll die fic. I've seen this in summaries on ff.net so many times. It makes me lose faith in humanity and turns me off fanfiction in general when I see that.

18. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Someone please write a fic where Veela!Draco needs to bond with Harry or die. Harry goes "Fuck that and fuck you" and lets him die, then goes to hook up with Fleur.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I think you just did.

20. EmeraldGuardian

High Score:
    This would be the only time I would ever read one of these fics. That could be a good funny oneshot. Thanks for the idea! :)