1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Got N'Zoth, crafted Twin Emps and Yogg. Not too shabby for 21 packs. Now off to Play Mode to get my other packs with C'Thun Warrior.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I have some 13k dust and since I blew all my gold on fucking tournament packs I'll wait for the meta to settle a bit then decide on a deck to make. I'd like a Paladin deck since I'm close to Gold pally, but I'll see once a few decks have been formed.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

So, this just fucking happened. ~_~

[​IMG]

4. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Wow, absolutely disgusting... a mage who uses Spellbender? Glad that Priest put you in your place.

:sherlock:

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Are you actually playing that crazyness? How is it working for you?

I've had it played against me once and the board was shaping up to look equally terrifying but the last card was twisting nether...

Been tinkering with my Rogue C'Thun all day. It's fun mixing shit up to respond to what's building around me. I didn't expect to use Ginger Dumbledore, but I just might have to. I've already a lot of 5s though, and I've nothing really at 6 mana.

The only good 6 drops that might help are Vanish or Thistle Tea - seriously debating this, there's very little in my deck I wouldn't want 3 of.

Druid C'Thun makes itself, fucking braindead class with their perfect bloody Arakkoa dr6...

6. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Ah, Warrior. The class where you can play Sylvanas after C'Thun, tank the 21, and then take the spoils on the back of your own C'Thun.

[​IMG]

7. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I've played 5 games as Yogg mage and one them all. However, I only played Yogg in two of those, so it's probably pretty bad. Super fun though

8. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

Are you running Reno in that deck? I'm still tinkering with my C'Thun Warrior but at least my Reno-Drake Warrior is doing very good at the moment.

9. Hshan39

Hshan39 Squib

High Score:
    Watching clips of Yogg plays is hilarious, I can't say if he's good or not, but he certainly brings it in the entertainment category.

10. Ankan

Ankan Professor

Played a few hours of standard, probably the last time I will play it for quite a while except due to circumstances like quests etc.

Wild > Standard anyday

11. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Only a few years too late, I got Deathwing off of my weekly brawl pack. Neat.

Yeah, as soon as I finish up the "win standard games" quests, it's been to the arena for me.

There's been some fun bullshit. Yesterday I faced a pally who used that "summon 5 1/1s" card along with the "Give all your summoned 1 health creatures divine shield."

I'd gotten that hunter legendary that does 1 damage to every minion off a web spinner, so I felt pretty decent about dealing with it. Then he played the summoning card again next turn. Dammit.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    I do not like C'Thun priest. At all. Feels like I can't really exert any board pressure, and without lightbomb, that's... Problematic...

13. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Was playing some Tavern Brawl, having fun with playing Elise on turn 3 and Monkey on turn 7, when all of a sudden:

[​IMG]

IS NOWHERE SAFE FROM RENO DECKS?

---------- Post automerged at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

That win got me a Golden Malygos from the subsequent pack.

Clearly karma for having found the ONE guy in brawl whose RNG gave him Reno Warrior.

Edit: the pack in question:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  14. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I changed Antonidas for a Yogg-Saron in a Tempo Mage deck, because it looks so good and the shit is hilarious. Just had a Yogg into duplicate and effigy and the next Yogg wiped my board and cards with Equality/ww/Astral communion combo. Still won, because he then gave me card draw and Thoughtsteal. It's not competitive, but it's fun all right.

Edit- Yogg is trash. Killed me from 25 HP instead the opponent that was at 4 HP. xD First time I saw Mortal Strike to my face, so the next Mortal Strike does 6 damage... also to my face.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

It's RNGesus on steroids. Amusing to play, but very uncompetitive currently.

[​IMG]

16. Gengar

High Score:
    I played against another one recently. Brawled twice, leaving only Yogg alive, and then he hexed himself.

17. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

What classes are good in Arena nowadays?

And what's good in draft? Still tempo decks?

18. Gengar

High Score:
    I wonder if Paladin is still amazing without muster and TST?

Rogue and Mage should still be awesome. I'm guessing shamans will replace Pally now? Maybe?

I'm curious to watch some shaman arena runs, but the 4 mana 7/7 common and evolve mechanics should be very powerful. That weapon too.

---------- Post automerged at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Been watching Dog for the past hour. Seems Yogg is the new Challenger...? Always secrets!

19. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

My experiences with Yogg make me believe it's good to play him only when you really, really have no other choice. Otherwise don't. But because he is so fun I play him anyway. Lost 1500 ranks, but I had fun.

He is the lose when you already won card, or maybe the win when you've already lost card. Tree of Life when the opponent is almost dead. Sprint and Arcane Intellect when I need cards desperately to win. It's all there.

20. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I got the Black Knight from my weekly brawl deck and Noz'goth from one of the expansion release quests. Fairly happy with Noz'goth, I'm testing how viable it is in Rogue and Hunter now.

I'm
    Skykes#1326
    on Battle . net