1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Animagus Forms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

seriously thought of making harry an animagus with an Asp as his form in Dark soul but eh... dunno...

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I like Asp's. They are wonderful.

I've already decided in my story that Harry isnt going to be an animangus but when ever I do another story, he will either be an Asp or one of those cobras that can spit their venom. They are awesome. Spitting that shit at peoples eyes, Harry will.

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I problem is everyone any time Harry gets SOMEWHAT powerful it has become expected that he have an animagus form. THis makes me REALLY reluctant to give him one.

4. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

Just don't give him one then. Leave him as a normal person. It would confuse some of your readers. Or if you do give him one, give him one that's something useless, like a goldfish!

5. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Hermione stared at the odd goldfish. The goldfish had strange green eyes and a zig-zag line going right between its eyes.

HA!! Can't do that though. IF harry is an animagus, it has to be a form that Kicks ass.

6. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

he should be a rabbit

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yes, since we all know that rabbits kick ass. lol

8. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

I think I said it here before but if you are a rabbit, you can communicate with all of the other rabbits. And since rabbits have a whole lot of kids, you could take over the world using rabbit power. But that would only work if Harry was evil.

9. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Think about Pettigrew. According to Dumbledore, Pettigrew was able to communicate with the rats. THink about how many rats there are.

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Pettigrew is a little bitch. He probably gets gang raped by all the other rats.

11. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

Maybe i will make him a ferret...

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Make who a ferret? Malfoy?

13. Demon God of Chaos

Demon God of Chaos Seventh Year

I think he meant Harry...

As for me...

Ehm....

I only made him and Animagus once i think...

and that was in Dark Lord...

14. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

yes you and it was a Dementor King

15. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

But seriously, I think that a) animagus forms are what encapsulates the person most and b) animagus forms once transformed, can not be changed, even if said person goes through considerable mental and psychological stress to cause personality change.

and of course, Harry is a pheonix animagus! and don't get me started on all the OTHER forms he has: leopard, panther, magical snake, hippocampus, cat, Grim, stag, etcetc.

BAH!!! Drivel. Crap, that stuff is. Despicable, it is. (yoda wise voice)

I think harry should be a Red-tailed hawk, or a peregrin falcon, 1) for the hunting attitude both of them have, fiercely independent for both (definitely not canon harry though), and 2) i think the falcon is a speed junky. 230+mph while in dive!? that's harry, my friends!

16. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Great that is wise padawan leaner! (hehe yoda all round hey?)

Anyway can see the deal with making him a pheonix and all but its done way to much! personally it should be something of a "gray" creature due to the conection with Riddle, but meh *shrugs* only my opinion.

17. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I quite agree he isnt going to be a stag.. personalities are too different... but i think ...given apropriate stimuli... that the form COULD change... itd take a hell of a lot but it could... I use Tonks' Patronus changing shape to support this .. then... i could be wrong as well..

18. Demon God of Chaos

Demon God of Chaos Seventh Year

if i were to think about giving Harry an animagus form at the moment and looking at what he has done up until now i'd have to conclusde that it would either be a serpentine animagus due to the display of cunning during his younger years which isn't very apparent at the moment since he has Gryffindorized too much to be a Slytherin in the books...

if going by my own instictsd it actually differs into a wide branch of creatures ranging from Demon to basilisk... all are extremely dangerous... :twisted:

i like a Evil! Harry story with an Evil! Animagus form in it. :twisted:

19. Xsi

Xsi Squib

Animagus

Most super!Harry stories with the multiple animagus Jedi elements Sailor Senshi always end up with Harry not only having one magical form, but often several.

though thats not what i wanna talk about

why not give Harry a plant as his animagus form? just to give readers a ...wtf? moment.

~~
    Surrounded by the noise of the classroom, Harry slowly walked to the boiling cauldron, taking a flask off of the table, he filled it with the steaming potion.

After giving the potion a few moments to cool down, he leaned his head back and swallowed the potion. At first, nothing happened. After a few moments, nothing continued to happen.

Seemingly ages later, Harry found himself in a forest, exactly as McGonagall had described. He sat down and waited for his animal to approach him, so that they would bond....
    Tired of waiting, Harry stood up, and stumbled, catching himself on a tree.
    Almost immediately, he felt the the animagus bond grow between himself and the tall oak.
    ~~~

or something weird like that

20. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Hmm, a plant animagus could be a good way to spy, lol...but, unfortunately, a plant is not an animal. So, no can do.