1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Roarian You're in the Netherlands. If it weren't for dikes and other man-made structures you'd be swimming right now.

2. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So I went down to the village, and this is basically a load of bunk.

Well, it isn't that bad. I think all of the places from Ingress did have pokestops, but there are extra pokestops that don't match with anything from the Ingress map.

Also, the size of the node on the Ingress map doesn't mean anything for pokestops. The big ones where I live are on the train station, war memorial, and council meeting room thingy.
    My GPS conked out, so I couldn't check the train station or council rooms, but the memorial looks like it's just an ordinary pokestop, and it's actually the church near me that is my local gym, and then there's another one down in the village that hasn't been claimed yet. So I'll be doing that tomorrow after the real gym (and hitting level five).

I'm also really annoyed.
    I used a fragrance, hoping to get some decent stuff - it's nighttime now, so I should get something different.
    Venonat with a CP in the 80ish range, catch on first ball... Server crash. And it takes about 25 minutes to come back up. At which point I find out that the catch didn't register.
    I managed to grab a Nido(m), but then the fragrance ran out.

3. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I found Pinsir's at Starbucks (which is also a gym), which makes me wonder why theyre there!

I also spent 10 minutes trying to hunt down two Golducks that spawned on me the second my server came up. I think one of them was in a dude's backyard, though, so I couldn't get it before the server crashed : (

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As annoying as the server problems are, it's to be expected considering the gigantic launch they've had. I mean, I knew it was going to get busy, but properly anticipating the scale of the Pokemon fanbase can be difficult.

At the end of the day I feel like this game has a fuckton of potential. I just hope they properly utilize it. I wish Nintendo would see the massive response to the game and decide to just go all-in on making this as amazing as possible.

5. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

My biggest pet peeve in the actual game is how useless the tracker can be.

I wish they gave you a direction, or a hot and cold, or something that lets you know for sure which direction to head. Stuff is just often completely impossible to find, and you can never get it down from 3 paws : (.

6. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The worst thing about this game is that it's not out in Canada yet. I'm seeing all these cool posts and am dying on the inside. -.-

7. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

I wish you could use the tapping to echolocate them - like briefly lighting up the map and anything that's there shows up as a shadow or an outline or something. then you can figure out how to get your ass to that point...

8. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I keep on having a Golduck pop up, then when I go outside, the server goes down : /

I really want a golduck, because I have a bajillion Psyduck candies.

9. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You found Gastly at a church, you say?

Time to go to church for the first time in 10 years...

If the servers weren't down. Fucking useless.

10. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I found him in a hospital. Alakazam at a butchers.

11. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

So I just went for a walk for the first time without a dog for the first time in god knows how long. Found two gyms and 4 pokestops, and caught a shitton of pidgey, Rattata, and Venonat, and added Nidoran (m), Bellsprout, and Caterpie to my dex. Not a bad use of an hour.

Also got an egg. I've got about another kilo before it hatches. Can't wait.

12. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Eggs are something you'll probably spend a lot of time at 9/9 of, if you visit pokestops semi-regularly.

Those respawn every 5 minutes, btw, so its easy to hit them a lot.

They also seem to come in 3 tiers from what I can see- 2 km, 5 km, and 10 km. I hatched a 2 km and got a zubat. Currently am hatching two 10 km, but im only like 6 km into the further one.

13. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

I can confirm the Gastly at hospitals it was near the morgue for extra spookiness.

14. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

I got a Magnemite out of a 5km one, and a growlithe out of a 10km one. It doesn't count all the distance I travel for some reason, but I do bike ~16km a day.

15. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Its speed based- if youre going too fast, it wont count it.

Only "solid" number I saw was "under 20 kmph". I did a lot of slow driving around neighborhoods, but anything over like 15 mph was too fast.

16. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

Aw, c'mon! Now I'd have to bike slower just for it to count? :(

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Got two Growlithe outside a vet. Omanyte and Kabuto around a nearby lake. Raticate outside a supermarket, eevee while creeping around random suburbs and cubone outside a school...

18. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just caught a Venonat while in my kitchen. I'm being seriously hampered by my phone company's decision to absorb O2 which has left reception in my area beyond dreadful. Six months ago I was getting 4G and now I'm getting R anywhere I go.

19. sildet

sildet Sixth Year

10k egg hatched into a Jynx. Evolved a Pidgeot and Jolteon earlier when the severs started working better.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Wait, how do you even evolve eevee? Just hope it hatches a couple from eggs? Or are you just super lucky and surrounded by them irl?

Or is there another way to get 'x candy'?

Edit: literally just found out you get some from xfering extra pokemon to prof too.