1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. TSN

TSN Auror

How long until canada?

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They've paused the rollout until they fix the servers.

3. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

And I've rounded out my Eevelutions! I dunno if it was pure luck, or the game is designed that way, but I evolved 3 Eevees and each one was different!

My Flareon is my new facewrecker- Evolved with 918 cp!

I also took advantage of the evolve pidgey/rattata for xp strategy. All the shit pokemon I caught this morning ended up as XP fodder. I used my first Lucky Egg (and a Lure module, I was camping out at a double Pokestop spot), and evolved around 16 Pidgeys and 8 Rattatas (and an Oddish and Eevee as well). Went from partway through 14 to halfway through 16.

Afterwards, I had an epic battle with a 270 CP Dragonair... I went through around 20 Berries and Great Balls before it finally let itself be caught. Sadly, by the time I have enough Dratini Candies to evolve one into a Dragonite, I'll probably have a Dratini with higher CP then that (which would lead to much higher CP Dragonair/Dragonite), but it was worth it.

Hatched a CP 93 Magikarp, which is pretty glorious- not only is it the highest one I've seen (highest I've caught is 83), but it came with a bunch of Candies to help speed up the Evolution. Up to 242, which means I need 40 more Magikarp til I can evolve it.

4. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Can I just say that the game sounds awesome but I still wish it would be harder to find, track, catch, raise and hatch Pokemon? Maybe if a hardcore mode was implemented or something? It's still in beta, of course, so one can hope for that or for new features that give the gameplay more depth and provide more challenges, but I still feel like its HUGE potential is kind of hampered by how easy it is.

Disclaimer - this is coming from someone who has not played the game, only read a couple of discussions like this one.

5. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Went to a park today where there's like 10 pokestops and 3 gyms. Caught a ton of pinsirs and some omanytes, slowpokes, and other random mons.

There was this cluster of 2 stops next to each other with some benches. Like 20 of us just sitting there chilling popping modules. Got a kadabra and flareon out of it. Apparently an aerodactyl spawned earlier, but I missed it.

6. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Dude, tracking pokemon can be pure shit.

All you get is a very buggy list of up to 9 pokemon nearby you. They are shown distance by paw prints- 1 means its very close, 2 means youre heading in the right direction, 3 means you aren't finding it without a lot of work or luck.

No direction, no distances, no useful help. Just paw prints.

7. Evan Tide

Just from AFAIK:

1. Each print = 1 Circle radius.

2. Leaves = Pokemon within 1 circle radius of location

3. Put a pokemon in the bottom right tracker. Green glow off it when moving = going the right direction.

8. Jswords

Jswords Squib

So I just got questioned by two cops as to why I was loitering near an old AA church in a not so great part of town near my place(there was a gym). Had to explain to two very skeptical police officers that no I wasn't trying to buy drugs but rather I was playing this game called Pokemon Go which of course they hadn't heard of. So thanks Pokemon for getting me profiled. I just wanted the exp...

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm waiting for a new type of criminal, dudes that hang out near rare Pokemon and charge people for access to the site to try and catch them.

I'm sure this will happen somewhere.

10. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Same thing happened with me an a security guard, he asked me what I was doing walking backwards and forwards at the park where 1 gym and 3 pokestops are located. Had to explain the Game thingy since he was actually interested.

Guess we'll get a gym leader out of him yet

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Dude... If that green glow means you're going on the right direction... That changes everything!

I also got Porygon. :D

12. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

It's incredible to me how many people are playing this game. There's groups of people with their phones out everywhere I go. I can't imagine playing in a rural area, though; it must be torture without points of interest everywhere.

13. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Pretty much, I'm out of pokeballs and there are no pokespots nearby.

14. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Mani trashed 50 this mourning to make room. Wish you could send shit.

15. Swirly Mango

Swirly Mango Seventh Year

I really want a transfer mode so it doesn't take 4 clicks, a bit of scrolling, and ~4 seconds of waiting to succesfully transfer a pokemon.

16. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

That's crazy. I can see 60-70 pokespots and 5 gyms in the surrounding area. I think they really need to expand beyond the Ingress dataset. It's great for cities like San Francisco (where Ingress was born), but there are clear deficiences.

Also there's a pokespot just up the street from me that's barely out of range. I'm tempted to spoof my GPS and move a couple of blocks. And maybe get a roomba to help hatch eggs. :p

17. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm 40 mins outside Melbourne. There's nothing directly outside my house, but I drive ten minutes up the road and there's like 20 within 1.5km radius.

You only need two that are 5 mins apart though tbh. I did that until i found my hotspot.

18. Evan Tide

Yeah, the closer you are to a big population center, the more you'll see.

In my neighborhood, I'll have 3 Spots and a Gymwithin 2 miles. There's another 10 or so spots and 2 gyms once I get at least 3 miles out though, but they're all scattered around instead of in a nice little cluster.

19. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    Managed to snag myself a bunch of rare pokemon yesterday, including a wartortle, a 350CP jynx, a porygon, a hypno and a magikarp.

Oh yeah, and two dratini. Can't forget those.

Edit: Victoria Park is a damn godsend. Regularly spawns all kinds of hard to get pokemon, and each of the memorial benches is a pokestop. There are about 20 within a 300m radius, which is nuts.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  20. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm not sure what the hardest pokemon to get is yet. Starter final evos, Dragonite or Gyarados...

I don't live near the beach, but I've a feeling Magikarp would be like Spearow there...