1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. Swirly Mango

Swirly Mango Seventh Year

I saw a gyarados yesterday already.

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I think they have made it far to fast and easy. I want catching Pokemon to be hard, sure have Piaget and rattatas be everywhere. But the higher ones should be exceptionally rare.

Also I think they need to drop the speed limit to 5 mph. These people driving around catching and hatching are ruining the profession curve.

3. 9th Doctor

9th Doctor Groundskeeper

I'm in a suburban neighborhood, PA and have a gym and 2 stops within view but not range. I also have quite a few route 1 Pokemon, and a few Veridian Forest Pokemon as well.

The only consolation is I caught an Abra up the street. I really need to explore around my workplace more.

4. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I have yet to notice a green glow, so now I'm going to start looking for that and seeing if this is true.

Otherwise, point 1= what circle? You mean the one around the player? And point= are you saying that just having leaves somewhere in your circle means theres a pokemon existing within that same circle, possibly somewhere else? Because I can guarantee you the leaves don't mean theres a pokemon there

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Is there any way to check 'Ingress' to see what is in your area? I don't have this game, but I'm continually tempted. I'm pretty sure I'd be in Jon's boat though, with nothing nearby.

Hell it takes me 5 minutes in a car to get to a gas station in the middle of nowhere, and 10 minutes to get to what one might term civilization. 15 minutes to a populated area in town.

6. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm about 20 minutes from 2 metropolitan areas (Tampa and St. Pete) and there's nothing in my immediate area because it's residential, probably some in the rest of the area but I haven't had the chance to look yet. On the bright side, if your area is so deserted the gyms in your area won't be heavily contested.

7. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Download Ingress, and sign in with your Gmail account. Then delete the app. Then go HERE, sign in with your gmail (you need to have created it in game, first), and you can see what's there.

So far, I have checked out most of my local area. Out of the 31 locations marked on the map that I've visited, 29 have had either a pokestop or a gym. One doesn't exist at all, and there is a cluster of three Ingress points that are two PoGo points, so one of them has gone missing. Turns out it wasn't missing any (like I said aa few pages back), I was just unable to read a roadmap correctly.

But generally, it's reliable.

Also, I managed to hold all five local gyms today. Admittedly, it was only for about a minute, but it was long enough to claim the reward. Sticking in non-top mons means I don't have issues reclaiming them later though.

No really interesting catches today, other than a Scyther. There was a Kabuto appeared as one of the nearby mons, but I was on a straight road, and it appeared and disappeared from the list without actually showing up.

8. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone have any tips on actually "tracking" a pokemon down? There was a Pidgeotto at three footsteps away from me and I swear I ran everywhere looking for the damn thing, but I never even saw the footsteps go down to two.

9. Ched

I don't see a way to download it unless I buy a phone with either Android 4.4+ or iOS? Or maybe a tablet with those, I guess. I went to Ingress site and whatnot, but it appears to only come in 'app' format?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  10. Thaumologist

High Score:
    Yeah, it looks like you have to have the app. But wouldn't you need a phone like that to run PoGo anyway?

If you PM me where you want looking, I can send you the printscreens?

11. Ched

Yeah - thing is, everyone has been trying to convince me to upgrade my phone for years and years. Pokemon Go has just got me considering it again, despite the fact that all the phones are still too fucking big. Will PM and stop cluttering up the thread - excited for all the fun you lot are having though!

12. Caversham

Caversham Second Year DLP Supporter

I love this game, but they need to work on where certain types spawn.

For 30 minutes I walked on a trail within ~50 feet of the Mississippi River, it contained 6 pokestops. I could see the water, it smelled like fish, and I saw 3 people actually fishing from the bank. What pokemon spawned... 1 magikarp, 1 psyduck, and about 50 weedle and pidgey. I've caught 3 Krabby around my home, and there isn't a body of water within probably 5 miles.

13. Thaumologist

High Score:
    Apparently, if you want Dragons, go to a golf course.

Because that makes perfect sense.

I'm actually thinking I should head into the city in the next few days, see if I can find anything different. I also need to get started on my 101 Magikarp for Gyarodos, and hopefully either the river or park will provide them.

14. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I got all my electric Pokemon in the centre city by the council buildings.

15. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Update on the the "green glow" in the tracker:

Yet to see it at all. I do not believe it exists, and the tracker still continues to be horse shit.

Focused on capturing gyms for my daily coins today, i'll worry about hunting some pokemon down later tonight.

I've also heard word of mouth that South Beach is amazing for spawns, like a ton of fighting types among others I haven't seen. I'll be going there sometimes soon for that.

16. Thaumologist

High Score:
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  17. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    That science link is broken :(

18. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  19. Gengar