1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2016.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    No you're not babe.
    How will you reevaluate when I inevitably get checked tonight?

2. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

This is my thought. That, or a gambit to do something that only a derp scum player would, knowing the champion rep would protect him.

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Except...he didn't bring that up.

You did.

4. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I asked experience level because it's important. My issue then was the one by one posting thing. If he was new, then that was whatever. He has roughly 8x my experience, though, and is clearly decently good, so he should know that's not helpful to the game state with 900 posts separating the start of the thread and it's end. He shouldn't have made some of the mistakes he did in missing Waco's, BD things, etc.

Also, interestingly since I think you may well be scum together, it was /you/ that vouched for his competence. I certainly haven't read another game while I've been trying to catch up here and he said he wasn't the first choice from his community for the championship, so for all I know he could've been weak.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Nope, just periodically checking my phone. You can leave questions etc for me and I'll respond but not in realtime

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    He's going to the finals iirc.
    So no derp clearing for silver.

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

In this case, see post 982.

---------- Post automerged at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

About to be in and out for a while. Shout up if you need me.

You should be voting for Tom or Silver at this point.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ok, I'm reading citric right now. But I just scrolled by 429 where jan attacks me for basically not knowing what you guys do with the lump and for agreeing with a point.
    Good times.

Post incoming.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I saw this a minute ago and made i reminder to dunk you for it later, because there is no real need.

Then I read some old stuff because I was curious and was like .. why dunk a scum tomorrow when you can humiliate them today?
    Right? Right!

There are two things about this post that are problematic.

Let us start with this :
    Yes, indeed I said your behavior around the lump is quite awful.
    You could argue that you did not know how to handle the lump, but .. let's be honest you have one of the highest postcounts (#1 with 203 posts in front of me on #2 with 116) in this game.
    Fairly active fellow. I would assume you have read at least some of the other peoples posts, right?

Let me just pick a random post that happened before you do your clumsy advertisment :

Look a random person that you townread explains to everyone why a person is deserving of a lump! That is post #159.
    I just used the word lump via ctrl + f and looked for a post where someone explains their lump vote.
    Might even be more of those in thread, not completely sure.

Just to be sure. The two instances that I quoted in which you are advertising the lump in a questionable manner are #200 & #202.
    And then softly asking for someone else to be lumped in #205?!

At this point my accusation from back then (which still holds true) is not the important part, the fact that you are trying to make me look bad by misconstructing what happened is way more critical.

Because as long as you were up to date on the thread at the time of your posts, which you most likely were considering your overall activity, you had no excuse to not know what the lump is, and why/how we would pick our lump targets.
    You are welcome to proof me wrong.

Now the 2nd part is not as bad.
    Yeah so my post there was not so much about you agreeing with a point, but more about agreeing with wacos point which was him agreeing with my point (waco did quote me directly, no way to miss this).
    You could not agree with me, because for some reason it was very important to you to make everything I did look bad at the time.
    Not sure how you could fuck that up tbh.
    Really just a small thing, but the way you are trying to make anything stick is making you look quite desperate.

"Thou shalt not kill." - Exodus 20:13
    "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." - Exodus 20:16

Vote Tom

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm not gonna go through for the timeline, but once I understood that those three roles targeting the lump is The Thing To Do (as opposed to just another unexplained font opinion) I advocated for kai but understood that I was a good target too.

I'm also not gonna go through and find the times it was talked about as being for solid townreads, or it being an election for town leader, or whatever else.

So yes, I didn't understand. Come off it.

If you want to scumread me for that stuff, go with "tom sure seems like he wants to be a leader except when it comes to the lump" or something.

---------- Post automerged at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

CITRUS POST
    Early citrus is jokey.
    Begin pile of null.

Voting to self lump is a thing. It's clearly a town play once you understand how you people do things. (meaningful glance at jan)
    Which means its wifom...
    Mildly noteworthy that he didn't follow through on actually trying to get it.

433 looks like coaching, which is a terrible scum tell.

Metaclearing me is kind of townie. I'm probably a pretty necessary mislynch for the scumteam.

Oh my god, he's been hard advocating getting the lump instead of catching up the rest of the way.
    He's openly ~300 posts behind, posting up a storm, and down to lynch bill. (#491 & #497)
    [​IMG]

After bill's claim, he's thinking about what the witches have to do.
    Which is townie I think? Obviously scum citric would be thinking about that, but probably doesn't post it.

Moves to thug. Joining two town wagons at eod is... not a good sign.

Being excited about the tie in lump votes is, again, something scum citric thinks about but maybe doesn't post.
    But doing shit like that twice might point to it being on purpose.
    God I'm paranoid. I just turned two towntells into one scumtell.
    Why you gotta do this to me citric?

End of Day 1

Still hasn't read a 200 post chunk of the game.

Calling atum out for fearmongering about him after handing him a hard derpclear.
    That's called paranoia and you know it.

He's either reading me correctly or pocketing me hard.
    Ugh, but he has to know how paranoid I am of him though. So scumcitric wouldn't expect the latter to work.

Finally catching up. Lots of unalignments and scumteam speculation.
    Probably null, but very interesting if he is actually scum.

Pressuring typh pretty hard during catchup.
    Mafia would be so much easier if omgus was an actual scumtell.

---------- Post automerged at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

Aight citric.
    Why are you such a pile of IDKs and shrugs?

Can you explain your thought process for your three votes towards the end of D1?

What post made you think I was town?
    Don't just say the sheer numbers without a slip, because post volume is my greatest talent.
    And that's too easy.

What do you think is the most likely scumteam?

I will be holding my breath.

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I like you.

We're gonna do great.

---------- Post automerged 15th Jul 2016 at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was 14th Jul 2016 at 06:17 PM ----------

I should be online ~1 hour before deadline.

lynch silver

I guess tom is ok too, he was weird about delphine / lump.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Welcome to the thread consensus.

Refreshments are on the right.

We have a kitten room in the back, Fonti will take your coat.

If you want to get drunk, Von is lingering in the Russian Room.

Enjoy your stay for the night.

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

In the words of a truly great fanfiction, as befitting this forum:
    [​IMG]

Seriously, guys, unless the team was exactly Delphine/tom/silver, our work isn't finished, and not posting just allows them to get away with lurking their way through.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Sorry, did you just say a team including me was lurking its way through?

I object strongly.

---------- Post automerged at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

Anyone want to talk to me about citric?

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

To kick things off:

-silver, how are you doing with the reread?

-Tom, give me some scum worlds. Or, alternatively, what would you consider a town circle atmosphere? Either is fine.

---------- Post automerged at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Tom, if you'll answer my question I'll talk Citrus with you. But, you know, I expect reasons, not just a blank list.

---------- Post automerged at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Fucking autocorrect. It should read town circle at the moment.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    My reads haven't changed much, except for wanting to add a bunch of colors to citric like delph's ridiculous readwall.

Bill, thug, vaimes, atum, font are town.
    I want to lynch within jan/kai/citric.
    You and silver are between.

I find it pretty hard to build a team in regular games, and have even less motivation to do so without getting any flips to actually use that information.

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I can't believe Toms misconstruction of my post recently can ever be by a town .

If they are both town then the vig will just shoot fonti tonight and we are fine. (chances are around 0,5%)

The priest is always alive today because delphine/waco are never priest/aco and if the priest was dead then someone would have softed something about it already.

Which means Mal is always town.
    Bill Door is always town.
    I am always town.
    Snowvon is always town (or town!von in russia does not have fun/fluff and only talks mechanics and votelogic - who knows what russia does to you)

Atum is almost always town, but he actually needs to be awake so we can insult him him and see his reactions..
    Fonti is fairly likely town if we hit on delphine and/or tom.

You claim to be town and fonti said she thinks that is true and that might be right (the reasoning was solid, but i havent payed that close attention).

Sure we could go over all that again, but tomorrow we will get another priestcheck and the game just gets that much easier.

Before we forget this. Priest can do a free for all thing where they target whoever they want to target.
    Clown/Oracle target .. Mal? If the clown is dead then oracle is likely to get a check because mal might be a nightkill or angelprotect.
    Either that or a possible check so they can stack with the priest.

@Fonti ? Mal or Silver - what do you think?

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ninja'ed. But I don't think my town circle needs any explanation. And I have given reasons for my lynch pool.
    So let's talk citric.

---------- Post automerged at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Hi jan, did you see my response to you in 990?

---------- Post automerged at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

Because it sure seems like you did not.

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Dude, you're an active lurker. 50 thousand words, nothing said.

---------- Post automerged at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

I suggest the priest, clown and oracle target whichever of Tom and silver we do not kill.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Active lurking is a cool term.
    But I feel I've done more than anyone else in the thread and still managed to hide it by bullshitting more as well.