1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

spawn rate is based on the amount of cellular data being used in the area, so the city will be better then youre expecting!

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I some how got a Mr Mime at cp 1086 but can't remember him, I think he must have catcher with out me noticing as he had a lot of candy. Also got a staryou and a growlith, appart from that just a bunch of doubles.

3. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's released in Europe.

So the plan is to catch all and everything, release the doubles and pump whichever one you selected full of star dust and candy?

4. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

By catcher did you mean hatched? Because that's totally what happened : ). Hatched pokemon seem to generally have good CP for your level, and come with a ton of candy.

5. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Yip, although each candy only works on that type of Pokemon, so rare types take ages to evolve, common ones you can max out half a dozen a day.

Also fuck zubats, I waste half my poke balls on those fuckers.

6. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Okay, weird thing.

I live in a rural town in Canada, and worse than that I live ten minutes away from this rural town. Despite that, I have four Poke Stops and a gym in my neighbourhood, though it takes me half-an-hour to hit all the Stops. This afternoon, I was going out to eat in town and was excited to hit all the Stops down there.

But there was nothing.

My neighbourhood Poke Stops consist of a park sign and three churches, but somehow there were no Poke Stops or Pokemon in town. It’s like the Poke Stop placers thought, “Vira lives around here so we’ll put Stops by her house, but far enough away that she has a nice walk.”

I’m wondering if my map just wasn’t loading them. I didn’t look at my Pokemon tracker much, but it didn’t seem to be updating, just the same nine Pokemon three steps away.

7. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

It might have been that- It's a good idea to frequently force close and reopen your app.

That helps to keep the phantom pokemon bugs down to a minimum (where pokemon appear at 3 paw distance from you, even though they aren't actually there).

8. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Pokestops are based on user submitted stuff for Ingress. It's possible that you had a player extremely locally who marked a few near a home location, and then further away in a work location, but skipped out on the town because they don't go often (are you close to a bigger town or city? Would the local town be where you'd normally shop? Is it where locals tend to work? These might help figure out why).

As for pokemon spawning - it's based off of mobile/cell phone usage. Areas with high amounts of phones for long periods (phone shops, tourist attractions) have large numbers of pokemon. A farm in the arse end of nowhere will have nothing.

If you want to check, download Ingress, and then use the Ingress Intel map to figure out where local pokestops would be.
    Also, I saw on Reddit earlier (either r/TheSilphRoad or r/PokemonGo) that you can look for "XM" in Ingress, and that will be where pokemon spawn. I'm pretty sure that's confirmed, but I can't be 100% on that.

There are rumblings that Niantic might be re-opening submissions, but there hasn't been any official announcements yet. I think they'll want to get servers sorted first, along with a wider release, and then re-open submissions for a short period.

Also, for anyone using Android anywhere but DE, US, NZ or Aus... The new update is available. I've not noticed any changes, but some people are saying it makes maps a bit smoother, and it should be crashing less. There might be some issues logging in with a Gmail account, but try and recreate it, then it should work. Also, pokemon club accounts are starting to work too.

9. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A lot of maps are being made for Pokestops/Gyms - https://www.pokegoworld.com could be a useful resource for anyone needs locations (and you can help complete it. :D)

Never know which project like this is going to come out on top and become the "go to" resource, though.

10. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Melbourne CBD last night...

[​IMG]

That's only around half...

Btw, is this happening to anyone else? Pokemon I catch/ hatch that have evolutions that aren't in the game yet having weirdly low CP (Onix/Seadra/Golbat etc).

Maybe just coincidence...

11. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Onix is at the bottom of the CP tier list. It gets shit.

Golbat and Seadra are also very low tier.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4se870/pokemon_cp_tier_list/

Edit: So Evan Tide mentioned something the other day, about a "green glow" around the pokemon in the tracker that didn't make much sense to me and thus I was unable to get any kind of green glow to work.

However, the guide Rehio linked earlier has a very good explanation on how it works. I have tested it and used it successfully.

What you do is click on your tracker and select the pokemon you want to directly locate (so you see that pokemon and its paws in the tracker only).

Than you begin to spin around SLOWLY. Very slowly. I mean fucking slow! Frequently stop at minute differences in turn distance, because this shit sucks. Make sure your character on the screen is actually turning as well, so you can't do this while moving (they won't spin if you're moving).

Eventually you will see a green box radiate quickly out of the tracker box itself. Like an expanding rectangle.

The pokemon is in the direction your character is facing. Not the direction YOU are, but the one your dude in the game is. This is often not the same thing, so pay attention to that!

As far as I can tell, its a straight line, but having only tested two pokemon, it could be an arc. But the two I saw were pretty close to a straight line away.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  12. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I tried what stormfury suggested and presto, everything popped up. I passed four gyms, one which I swear was in the RCMP headquarters (Mystics had it), and another had a Dragonite of all things, but since it was Instinct it was okay.

The most annoying things of my day:

- A Chameleon pops up just as I'm leaving to go into town. And of course it was gone by the time I got back.

- Then just as I was leaving town, I glance at a Poke Stop and find someone put a Lure over it. Ugh.

EDIT: A Squirtle appeared in my house. Everything is forgiven.

13. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

So apparently Charizards spawn at my house. I just watched my sister whose at level 3 throw all of her pokeballs at one.

14. Thaumologist

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Doesn't your blood just boil?

EDIT
    Also, now out for real in the UK.

Has anyone any information on the changing GPS to "battery saver"? Does it work?

15. Gengar

High Score:
    No. Not really.

16. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    I am 1/4 of the way to my garados. I figure 10 magicarp a day, it will take me 10 days. * more to go. Anyone know then mechanics of spawn rate of high cp pokemon. I am lvl 10 but between my house and my work, i get low cp pokemon. I though that higher the player lvl the higher the pokemon you encounter? Are lvls based on location?

17. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Not quite sure what you're getting at.

I don't see anything wrong with making initial contact (Hi! Pokemon Go?), but if the other person doesn't reciprocate conversation leave them the fuck alone.

This is normal and probably fun for most people:

• Person1: Did you catch that Eevee?
    • Person2: Er, no. I didn't see it. You're playing too? I found a Poliwhirl earlier by the pond.
    • Person1: I'm Paul, by the way. Did you know...
    This is not fun, at least in my book:

• Person1: Did you catch that Eevee?
    • Person2: Er, no. *stares at phone, says nothing else*
    • Person1: I'm Paul, by the way. Want to walk over to the pond and catch Poliwhirls?
    • Person2: No. *continues to stare at phone*
    • Person1: Well how about we exchange phone numbers and...
    Just because someone else is playing Pokemon Go doesn't mean you are entitled to their time or attention.

On the other hand it is irritating that this article paints Pokemon Go as something likely to result in negative interactions like that. The adult demographic playing this game already has enough shit to deal with without adding this particular stereotype.

Just say "I only like playing solo, sorry. Thanks though."

...Then again, the article does make the author come off like a bitch with comments like "Pokemon Go Away." So I'll give you that.

Unless I'm missing something? I might be. (ETA two days til I can play)

18. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

Thus far I haven't played that much, but interactions with other folks playing were uneventful. Couple kids were looking for a Pidgeot I'd already caught, so I pointed them to where I'd found it. Couple girls walk their dog past my place every day and I've spoken to them a few times while they were trying to catch the persistent Mr. Mimes that pop up inside my house. An old schoolmate wandered up to my neighbourhood without realizing I lived there, and it was fun catching up.

No creeptastic moments yet.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    You're not missing anything.

It's like every other click baity article coming up that's either focusing or inventing negatives.

20. Thaumologist

High Score:
    It's nothing that you didn't bring up - more the preachiness of it. I've had interactions with people playing this along the lines of "Hey, I'm John, there's something cool over here, want to see?" and "hey, we're organising a gym crawl later, can I get your number to organise".

I get that as a female, maybe she's more intimidated by this than I have been. And that of the two interactions she posts, the bloke asking for her number was being rude, and intrusive. The bus guy, less so.

But this is just another article on "gamers are all lazy/perverts/misogynists/TRPers", and the media are overblowing it again.