1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Roadhog is one of my fav picks for rolling people. :3

I grabbed a snapshot of my character use, you can easily see the difference between

QUICK PLAY
    [​IMG]

COMPETITIVE PLAY
    [​IMG]

2. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

So I just did a game in Hanumara as the attacking team. Following our capture of Point A, our team composed of Reinhartx2, S76, Junkrat, Reaper and myself as Mercy decided that flanking was a superfluous maneuver. They kept bashing their head through the main entrance where a Symmetra had placed like 3-6 turrets, a Bastion was stationed right in front of the door, with a Mercy protecting them, and a Genji destroying our rear. Yeah...much fun.

3. iMessing

iMessing First Year DLP Supporter

Moments like that can be so frustrating where you know that you are doing the best for your team that you can do, in your role, but teammates just end up doing entirely stupid moves that make everything you do feel worthless.

It can also feel frustrating when you want to move to a hero that could counter the enemy's comp, but you know that if you do that then no-one else will fill the role that you are currently taking (E.g. Support).

I recommend trying to get a group if at all possible because it makes the game a lot more playable, and gives a nice 20% exp bonus.

Link to crazy loot box that I got also, I felt that I needed to share:
    http://imgur.com/T9dSOVX

4. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Holy shit that lootboxe!

Yeah, well it was only one game and since it doesn't last more than 15 minutes it's so much less annoying than playing dota! At least I got play of the game with Mercy, had fun ;-)

As for group, I'm playing with Enembee, Cteatus and Typhoon once in a while and you're totally right; playing in a group is awesome! Feel free to add me to Battlenet people (Hawkin#1608) so that I might have some more Comrades!

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Background downloadeder active...

I'm liking the cadence of these updates a lot.

If only I wasn't waiting like a dumbass for the refund of my mobo...

6. Jon

Just saw a stream where Ana's sleep dart went through Zarya shield, at first I was pleasantly surprised, but on further research the sleep dart does 5 dmg, hence some people getting kills with it, which means Zarya's shield should block it so... maybe it was a timing bug?

7. Gengar

High Score:
    Maybe like dying even though you recalled, or being shot behind a wall etc

8. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

I'm trying to test it in the PTR, but haven't had any luck yet.

9. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

That would be a bug, if true, as that breaks the proper interaction of her(and other) barriers. Such that they will block all damage up to and including the final damage that breaks the shield(which is why even Zarya's 200 strength shield is amazing against major single-hit burst ults when timed correctly), as well as preventing any status or cc effects during the barrier duration.

...except for Reinhardt carrying you along with his charge(it will prevent the 50 + 300 damage if the timing is right, though!)

10. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I did a game in calibration last night. The opposing team's mercy did 17,8k healing. I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

11. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

12. Jon

As of this moment rank 62.

Started at rank 53.

Yoyo'ed up to 55 then down to 51.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Getting 5 bars of xp every win, haven't lost in about 10 games.

[​IMG]

+ Tracer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. mort

mort Groundskeeper

There's a new overwatch comic out showing us some of the history behind soldier 76, reaper and ana. Pretty damn intriguing.

14. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

I've been playing 6-man Quick Play overwatch with my buds, and I have to say, it's a blast.

It's also generating memes(between our skype chat) at an amazing rate. Currently some of our memes are:

Ideal Situation World - One of the chat members insists on things the rest of us generally disagrees on - for example, insisting that Reinhardt kicks Dva's ass any time, and basically his only supporting evidence to the matter is that "he lands the charge" - where we point out that D.va can fly. Similar arguements ensue. A joke about him only assuming the most ideal situations pops up, which crops up every time we start winning miraculously and everything goes perfectly (and proceed to lose right after we make that joke). "We're in Snow's Ideal Situation World, we can't lose!"

It's Normal to Play 8 Hours A Day - A very salty enemy team that just got smashed (if I remember correctly, we were Attack on Osiris and we won in 1:30) started crying "well I'm sorry that we don't play 8 hours a day." We found this hilarious.

Professor Nevermore's Q Theorem - One of our chat members made the theory (that's completely true, at least at lower levels) that whoever presses more Qs simultaneously wins the game. The Ultimate Q Theory was born.

This is our current chat title(the Shingeki is permanent, as it harkens back to the establishment of the chat): Shingeki no Saltwatch: Salty Boogaloo 2 - It's High Salt

15. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Started at 41, dropped to 35 doing solo-Q as support Mercy. Managed to climb back up to 38 with a combination of Solo-Q, and group play. I should be able to get back to 41 before the season ends I think.

My biggest problem is improving my aim; I feel like I have terrible aim for playing a DPS role, primarily I've found it difficult to actually track moving target. Half the time I just shoot in empty air. I've procure a mousepad (should arrive Tuesday) for the first time ever, and I'm spending at least 10-15 minutes in the practice range with McCree practicing my flick aim everytime I log on Overwatch as part of my warm-up; Aim Training 15 minutes, and QP with DPS (Soldier/Reaper/McCree/Tracer). I managed to do a game of Soldier with 33% accuracy tonight, which ain't so bad and even got PotG (obviously with my ult). Still have difficult in close ranged tracking of my enemies, but it's coming along much more nicely than it was when I first started - at least I can land a shot once in a while.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    What's your sensitivity?

I came from MMOs and MOBAs, having not played an fps competitively in a decade, and my sensitivity was off the charts.

Right now I'm at 1600 dpi and 3.3 in game sensitivity. That means you can't just wrist aim, you gotta use your arm. That improved my aim a lot.

17. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Yeah I have the same problem. I was at 1200 dpi and 50 sens. I've lowered my dpi to 700 and sens to 15 for now. I haven't found the sensitivity I'm comfortable with, but since I haven't received my mousepad nor my desk for my computer yet, it's probably all gonna change in the next few days so.

I have no idea how to actually aim with my arm.

18. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

Anyone here play on PS4

19. mort

mort Groundskeeper

Yeah I do or did rather, haven't played for nearly a month since real life interfered.

20. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

^Same.

Found this comic and I had to post it though.
    [​IMG]